First Ever Perfect, Truly Arena-Breaking Team Incoming?

Replies

• Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    What pure speculation and conjecture. Who is to say it will be any better than Zarkin (l) Zeers ShT DT and Snowtrooper. You have no idea what the leadership abilities will be lol.
  • Olddumper wrote: »
    What pure speculation and conjecture. Who is to say it will be any better than Zarkin (l) Zeers ShT DT and Snowtrooper. You have no idea what the leadership abilities will be lol.

Well since Chaze R2 GK are waaaay better than Zeers ShT DT Snow chances are that Zuke Chaze R2 Gk will be better than Zarkin Zeers ShT DT Snow, and every other team as well.
  • xReDeMpx wrote: »
    I'm still waiting for darkside to catch up in toon viability and synergy like the light side toons...

Darkside has no chaze
    Darkside has no GK
    Darkside has no R2

All toons who are plug and play and all but R2 have already been present in multiple meta.

I would prefer holding off on luke until darkside gets some actual toons to be able to plug and play with synergy.

Closest thing darkside has is

DN
    Palp

With the exception of this 3 months with Zaul meta the darkside team were always the black sheep in this game, just something that rebels or jedi could beat and feel better about themselves.
    And even then Zaul had a counter in Rex unlike Wiggs when they were meta or R1 toons when they were meta or the new Chaze +R2 + GK meta. Most of the time the darkside (intentionaly) sucks in this game.
  • Exletion
    649 posts Member
    Olddumper wrote: »

Well since Chaze R2 GK are waaaay better than Zeers ShT DT Snow chances are that Zuke Chaze R2 Gk will be better than Zarkin Zeers ShT DT Snow, and every other team as well.

Zuke lmfao. I literally almost fell out of my chair reading that out loud.I just pictured that moment in Empire when Luke came to cloud city and Leia was being pulled away saying it's a trap, yelling, Zuke! Zuke! It's a trap Zuke!

I should probably get back to work......
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    xReDeMpx wrote: »
    I'm still waiting for darkside to catch up in toon viability and synergy like the light side toons...

Darkside has no chaze
    Darkside has no GK
    Darkside has no R2

All toons who are plug and play and all but R2 have already been present in multiple meta.

I would prefer holding off on luke until darkside gets some actual toons to be able to plug and play with synergy.

Closest thing darkside has is

DN
    Palp

With the exception of this 3 months with Zaul meta the darkside team were always the black sheep in this game, just something that rebels or jedi could beat and feel better about themselves.
    And even then Zaul had a counter in Rex unlike Wiggs when they were meta or R1 toons when they were meta or the new Chaze +R2 + GK meta. Most of the time the darkside (intentionaly) sucks in this game.

the game does favour LS a bit, but I wouldn't go as far as stating that DS is only there to get beat up by LS haha. There have been quite a few DS meta characters.
    i don't think i ever had a LS only or DS only team in arena.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Before we see any Luke as a jedi around they should nerf half of the roster that is buffed against jedis, for balance sake at once.
    Jedis are dealing crappy damages yet everybody is skilled at killing them. There's something wrong with the Force.
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member

Factioned leader abilitys provide much more synergy. What if Luke gets a purely Jedi leadership and has synergy with old Ben. Your squad kinda flies out the door.
  • Olddumper wrote: »

Factioned leader abilitys provide much more synergy. What if Luke gets a purely Jedi leadership and has synergy with old Ben. Your squad kinda flies out the door.

I would still take Luke with jedi leadership and that team against the best the dark side has to offer now or after the Tarkin rework.
  • TronTheKhan
    650 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Jedi Luke will more than likely be a Raid Exclusive toon. Considering R2D2 was just released as a new event we probably won't see Luke until the next level cap increase which I would guess is in the near future.
    Humans Are Such Easy Prey
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    The day they release Luke is the month or so before this game dies.. I'd rather have a Padme or a Thrawn or something. The player base will deteriorate upon the Greatest Jedis release..
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    The actual use of the Leader ability could do a great deal as @Olddumper said. Let's be honest here, not all leader abilities are fit for arena matches. Zeta Cody lead doesn't make Clones an arena breaking team despite their large amounts of synergy. Yes clones are no Chaze, but the leader ability isn't designed for tanking super high DPS, it's designed to make Clones indestructible against prolonged damage. Nihilus lead isn't really the best lead for Arena as it doesn't provide any sort of speed, despite being able to tank large amounts of immediate DPS. It's too easily countered by a couple of debuffs and hindered by it's lack of TM gain or speed. However, a Nihilus lead will walk through GW easily and probably still have nearly full health at the end. For all we know Luke's lead could be absolutely amazing for the new game mode they're making and just be another one that's like pretty good for Niche things in arena, but not really the best arena lead. In fact, I feel like that's what they're going to try and make him like. Something that is pretty good for arena as a leader, but just amazing as a leader in other parts of the game. That way he can be the OP monster that everyone wishes him to be, but he won't absolutely obliterate the arena.
  • Bt_7274
    357 posts Member

Dt=rip chaze
    discord:Darth Woodman#6467,looking for shardmates:Warrior ìN,skirge2000,GlideX,erykgx,harunalp,TDB,Kiwida,dyloot,pm me on discord plz
  • Easybee
    140 posts Member
    Given EA's history, my bet is that when they release Luke he will be hard to get and not that great. They will cash in on the Luke brand, and then release a synergy character or some sort of rework that improves his utility.

They are NEVER going to allow area to stay broken, or for there to be a "perfect" team. The constant reworks to change the meta keep the end game interesting. If those changes stopped, we would all get bored and leave quick.
  • Zolaz wrote: »
    Luke is the most powerful force user? His Daddy was the Chosen One.

Yes. Luke had the exact same potential Anakin did. They're equals.
  • Luke will be given at 3*...pay to upgrade. That's my guess anyway.

You're wrong. He will be released from a event like Yoda, Palpatene and R2. Period! How do I know this you may ask? Because Jedi Luke is iconic. Yoda, Palpatene and R2 are iconic. It make more sense that the most iconic toons in the game have been released this way and will continue to be released this way.

Which factions will be needed you may be also asking yourself?The answer is quite obvious...it's gonna be the Sith Faction. You have 6 months to get them ready. Jedi Luke is coming on the release of Epsode 8. Mark my words, this is exactly how and when he will become available in the game.
  • Tman
    257 posts Member
    slamaMC wrote: »
    Assume Luke is the prize for the new mode being announced later this month.

What new mode!?!
    I am more powerful than the Chancellor- Anikan Skywalker and Tman
  • ExarTheKun wrote: »
    The day they release Luke is the month or so before this game dies.. I'd rather have a Padme or a Thrawn or something. The player base will deteriorate upon the Greatest Jedis release..

I've been playing this game since it came out at the end of 2015. I'm bored with some aspects at this point. People don't play mobile games forever. The longer they wait, the more people they risk quitting before Luke comes out, if at all.

You're wrong. He will be released from a event like Yoda, Palpatene and R2. Period! How do I know this you may ask? Because Jedi Luke is iconic. Yoda, Palpatene and R2 are iconic. It make more sense that the most iconic toons in the game have been released this way and will continue to be released this way.

Which factions will be needed you may be also asking yourself?The answer is quite obvious...it's gonna be the Sith Faction. You have 6 months to get them ready. Jedi Luke is coming on the release of Epsode 8. Mark my words, this is exactly how and when he will become available in the game.

Vader is iconic. Han Solo is iconic. Princess Leia is iconic. Achievement reward, Raid reward, Arena shop.

As far as the faction, that doesn't make a ton of sense. The other factions all had a connection to the character -- for Yoda, he trained Jedi, for Palpatine, the rebels brought about his downfall, for R2, the empire was trying to capture him to reclaim the plans. The only sith who were after the iconic versions of Jedi Luke (ESB or ROTJ) were Palp and Vader. He was far more hunted by empire than by sith.
  • Antares
    686 posts Member
    ExarTheKun wrote: »

This game will not die in a long time. For the next 2 years (and possibly longer) there will be movies released at a constant interval each time providing a large new player base as well as new content. The only thing that could happen is that we see EA move on to SWGOH 2, which I seriously hope will never happen.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    Antares wrote: »
    ExarTheKun wrote: »

This game will not die in a long time. For the next 2 years (and possibly longer) there will be movies released at a constant interval each time providing a large new player base as well as new content. The only thing that could happen is that we see EA move on to SWGOH 2, which I seriously hope will never happen.
    Shhh! Don't give them any ideas...
  • I think R2D2 can make mostly Jedi teams equal to the best Zaul and triple cleanse teams already, if Jedi Luke is introduced he won't even have to have that great a leader ability if he can improve on JKA or Yoda on a Jedi team.

Other than adding damage to a zQGJ team so that they have everything other teams have plus crazy amounts of foresight I have a hard time seeing how they could make him strong enough to make a significantly stronger defence team than existing triple cleanse variations. There are already six or seven borderline OP characters vying for spots on those teams, adding one more shouldn't make that much difference unless they go really overboard.

last I checked it was GK Chaze DN only for the "OP" tag?

As someone who has fought R2D2 I can confirm that he is in the same category. And Rex is also on that level when used as lead. Already people are having to make the decision to drop Rex, GK, or Nihilus if they want to make room for R2, if Luke also shows up they have to drop another one, not include R2, or take Chaze out.

Under any of those options I don't see Luke being so much better than whoever gets removed that a Luke team will suddenly be able to hold against one of the non Luke options on defence.
  • Blackbeardpepe
    1481 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    I dont like being the bearer of bad news but jedi luke will be under an old ben dodge lead. It will be dodge, dodge, and dodge. Zmaul vs zben.
  • Han_Brolo81
    518 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    They'll probably give Luke a lead that affects Jedi and rebels on top of giving him synergy with R2, Leia, Han, Ben, and Chewie because $$$
  • danflorian1984
    986 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    They'll probably give Luke a lead that affects Jedi and rebels on top of giving him synergy with R2, Leia, Han, Ben, and Chewie because $$$

So his lead will probably affect all of Chaze R2 GK. Even if he only affects rebels Chaze and R2 will benefit, if he only affects jedi GK will benefit, in all cases the team will be close to if not unbeatable.
  • They'll probably give Luke a lead that affects Jedi and rebels on top of giving him synergy with R2, Leia, Han, Ben, and Chewie because $$$

So his lead will probably affect all of Chaze R2 GK. Even if he only affects rebels Chaze and R2 will benefit, if he only affects jedi GK will benefit, in all cases yje team will be unbeatable.

All I'm saying is expect Jedi Luke to be absurd for the sake of milking tens of thousands out of players. That's their right, but definitely expect it
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member

So his lead will probably affect all of Chaze R2 GK. Even if he only affects rebels Chaze and R2 will benefit, if he only affects jedi GK will benefit, in all cases yje team will be unbeatable.

All I'm saying is expect Jedi Luke to be absurd for the sake of milking tens of thousands out of players. That's their right, but definitely expect it

I don't expect that even slightly. What figure with that sort of presence in the Star Wars universe has been released behind a paywall?

Not one. They are all locked behind achievements instead.

Your comment seems to be based on a distaste for the paywall, but isn't actually taking the way EA/CG tends to release toons into account.

No, they release extremely powerful, yet not that iconic toons behind paywalls. They do not release iconic characters that way.

Vader is iconic. Han Solo is iconic. Princess Leia is iconic. Achievement reward, Raid reward, Arena shop.

As far as the faction, that doesn't make a ton of sense. The other factions all had a connection to the character -- for Yoda, he trained Jedi, for Palpatine, the rebels brought about his downfall, for R2, the empire was trying to capture him to reclaim the plans. The only sith who were after the iconic versions of Jedi Luke (ESB or ROTJ) were Palp and Vader. He was far more hunted by empire than by sith.

Maybe so. But i dont see them releasing another event like R2 in which we have to use Empire toons again. Thats also why i beleive it would be Sith more than any other faction. Farm every faction now to be ready for when the time comes.
  • Woodroward wrote: »

I don't expect that even slightly. What figure with that sort of presence in the Star Wars universe has been released behind a paywall?

Not one. They are all locked behind achievements instead.

Your comment seems to be based on a distaste for the paywall, but isn't actually taking the way EA/CG tends to release toons into account.

No, they release extremely powerful, yet not that iconic toons behind paywalls. They do not release iconic characters that way.

I don't mind the pay wall at all. I spend casual amounts of money here and there and have a few XI toons. And a decent assembly of 7* toons. I actually like the pay wall, it's necessary
  • Please don't call Luke "Zuke"..it's blasphemy :(
  • Please don't call Luke "Zuke"..it's blasphemy :(

Zuke, Zadme, Zabba ,Zar Zar and after their reworks Zey and Zoe are gonna rule the arenas, you better get used to them :)