Where are the Update Notes...

I can't seem to find the Update notes for this recent update. Why aren't they in the forum's Update section?? Help would be appreciated!!

Replies

• February release notes post, at top of this forum
    Ally Code: 253-747-318
  • I think that will come later with the forced update
  • You'd think they'd make a separate post in the update section since major content including a software update was released!!! That's the whole point of creating a section in the forum titled "Game Updates".
  • The update isn't technically out for everyone world wide until later today, so that's why you don't see it in the updates. If you have the update it means it was available in your region and you manually installed it.
    Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
  • you know he released the update notes ahead of time already right???? He wanted to make sure we all knew what was coming right???
    Ingame name Daremo
    Player Ally Code: 631-533-975
  • Harmson wrote: »
    you know he released the update notes ahead of time already right???? He wanted to make sure we all knew what was coming right???

Just to be fair to the OP, the announcement and/or update is nowhere in the "News" section of the forums, and it's not in the "News and Announcement" nor the "Game Updates" sub-forums.

While I appreciate them being posted here (and, given the OP's level of experience in the forums, he was probably aware they were too) - it is true that announcements and updates about the game should be posted in the "Announcements" and "Updates" sections - that's kind of why the exist.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Thanks for responding quickly all. I guess what would be a happy medium is to start the release notes and add some addendums to the notes if you release like this in the future, just to keep things organized. I know it wasn't official until today but the content was available yesterday technically but this is an overall improvement, you guys are learning!!!
  • The early update also withheld the biggest changes to gameplay.
  • The early update also withheld any information about new characters (which I think Jesse later said would be added). Well, besides Yoda and the mystery shard exchange toon (I hope).
  • The early update also withheld the biggest changes to gameplay.

They didn't mention plenty of things in the notes but they are at least improving by having notes.

That dev at Reddit who explained yesterday in another post concerning the Leader speed issue explained that so many things are fixed that they can't document everything and I just laughed because I'd be in so much trouble if I used that excuse here at work, as my countless bosses would tell me that by not having notes, a developer cannot look at what was updated and therefore, not know what changed so fixing things would take much longer, since you wouldn't know what was working from the previous release...
  • Thanks for responding quickly all. I guess what would be a happy medium is to start the release notes and add some addendums to the notes if you release like this in the future, just to keep things organized. I know it wasn't official until today but the content was available yesterday technically but this is an overall improvement, you guys are learning!!!
    How about a post where they announce the update, and (here's the crazy part), ONLY they can make comments on them? That way we don't have a bazillion complaints and/or "I love yous" cluttering up the actual news. They could then add changes or comments as they see fit.

I know, I know. That would make FAR too much sense.