Grand Master Yoda

Replies

• Options
    SIILKK_74 wrote: »
    Soooooo..... If you don't have 5 7star jedi you can't get him? Smh

If you don't have 5 5* Jedi you can't get him.
  • Options
    WOAW Why i got +1100 healt per attack with Ventress ?
  • Hawk7915
    73 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Divoc wrote: »
    So you need 5 x 7-star jedi to unlock a 7-star yoda... Who the h.. has 5 x 7-star jedi??? I play since 3-4 months and i inly have one 7-star jedi, two 5-star and two 2-star ...so the maximum yoda i can get is a crappy 2-star one? Thank you for nothing... :'(

What CG is telling you with this even: "Spend more money!" This event is a reward to the high rollers. Let's be honest. Who was focusing on a jedi team before this event was announced.

I am a 100% F2P player, and I didn't start until December 27th which means I missed the launch month and I juuuust missed the free Poe Dameron and FOTP. When the event was announced, I had...

7* Luminara (because she's crucial for GW)
    3* Consular (I farmed him up a little since he helps in GW occasionally)
    2* Jedi Guardian (lucky Bronzium pull but no investment or training)

I had been banking my Squad Cantina and Squad Arena currency and had 600 and 800 saved, respectively, when the event was announced so I immediately started working on Jedi Guardian, Eeth Koth, and Mace Windu. As of this morning, spending 300 crystals a day on Squad Cantina refills and reliably finishing in the top 20 of my server, my Jedi team is now...

7* Luminara (Maxed at Level 63, GL 7)
    4* Jedi Consular (Level 61, GL 7)
    4* Jedi Guardian (only level 50, GL 5)
    4* Mace Windu (only level 60, GL 6)
    4* Eeth Koth (only level 40, GL 4)

It's going to be extremely tight - I may have to spend some more crystals on Consular or Windu shards that appear in my shipments if my luck isn't good, and I won't be unlocking Yoda until the very last night of the event. Training droids are also a barrier - my reliable GW clears have left me with 2M credits banked but my droid supply is running low and it's going to take an unreal amount to take Eeth from 40 to 63 or 64. But it is absolutely possible, with planning and dedication, to have a 5* Jedi team by the end of the event even if you weren't working on it previously. It may be a bit late now, but I posted a helpful guide on the matter here: Farming five 5* Jedi.

Good luck, everyone, and with you may the Force be :)
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    Pxwer wrote: »
    WOAW Why i got +1100 healt per attack with Ventress ?

Life steal from gear now works well
  • Options
    Life steal ? Why I've never had this before?
  • ReyandFinn
    192 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Ezra binks, Kannan Jarus, Starkiller, R2D2, Darth Plagues, supreme leader Snoke, Knights of Ren, Jango fett, general Hux, Dark Jar Jar, Young Obi-Wan, General Grievous, Ki-Adi-Mundi, Bail Organa. Some character ideas :)
  • SupremeLeaderSnoke
    50 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Jabba the Hutt!
  • Options
    Jabba the Hutt!

Awesome !
  • Options
    Are you sure you need an all 5-star Jedi team to unlock him or do you just have to win the 5th event challenge? I'll be pretty disappointed if I don't even have a chance to unlock Yoda as I don't have my Jedis all at 5-stars just yet. How about throwing a 4-star Yoda in the store? Ok how about a 3-star? 2? Ok I'll take the 1! :-P
  • Options
    For How long will last the Yoda's event?????? Please, answer or link an answer
  • Options
    Robert wrote: »
    Are you sure you need an all 5-star Jedi team to unlock him or do you just have to win the 5th event challenge? I'll be pretty disappointed if I don't even have a chance to unlock Yoda as I don't have my Jedis all at 5-stars just yet. How about throwing a 4-star Yoda in the store? Ok how about a 3-star? 2? Ok I'll take the 1! :-P

You can't access the 5th event challenge if you don't have 5 5* jedi. Hope that helps.
  • Options
    Stige wrote: »
    For How long will last the Yoda's event?????? Please, answer or link an answer

If i'm not mistaken, it will last for one week and starts on Thursday. Hope that helps.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options

That's the way the patch notes read. You can play at 5 1* jedi, you just can't get Yoda until you have five 5* jedi. Something like this has to be gated. I like the implementation, it forces people to play the game and expand their rosters if they want a new hero. Or, you could just ignore it and be ok with not having him like many other heroes most of us don't have. If you want him bad enough, start farming and you will get him the next time or the time after that.

☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Options
    Hawk7915 wrote: »
    Divoc wrote: »
    So you need 5 x 7-star jedi to unlock a 7-star yoda... Who the h.. has 5 x 7-star jedi??? I play since 3-4 months and i inly have one 7-star jedi, two 5-star and two 2-star ...so the maximum yoda i can get is a crappy 2-star one? Thank you for nothing... :'(

What CG is telling you with this even: "Spend more money!" This event is a reward to the high rollers. Let's be honest. Who was focusing on a jedi team before this event was announced.

I am a 100% F2P player, and I didn't start until December 27th which means I missed the launch month and I juuuust missed the free Poe Dameron and FOTP. When the event was announced, I had...

7* Luminara (because she's crucial for GW)
    3* Consular (I farmed him up a little since he helps in GW occasionally)
    2* Jedi Guardian (lucky Bronzium pull but no investment or training)

I had been banking my Squad Cantina and Squad Arena currency and had 600 and 800 saved, respectively, when the event was announced so I immediately started working on Jedi Guardian, Eeth Koth, and Mace Windu. As of this morning, spending 300 crystals a day on Squad Cantina refills and reliably finishing in the top 20 of my server, my Jedi team is now...

7* Luminara (Maxed at Level 63, GL 7)
    4* Jedi Consular (Level 61, GL 7)
    4* Jedi Guardian (only level 50, GL 5)
    4* Mace Windu (only level 60, GL 6)
    4* Eeth Koth (only level 40, GL 4)

It's going to be extremely tight - I may have to spend some more crystals on Consular or Windu shards that appear in my shipments if my luck isn't good, and I won't be unlocking Yoda until the very last night of the event. Training droids are also a barrier - my reliable GW clears have left me with 2M credits banked but my droid supply is running low and it's going to take an unreal amount to take Eeth from 40 to 63 or 64. But it is absolutely possible, with planning and dedication, to have a 5* Jedi team by the end of the event even if you weren't working on it previously. It may be a bit late now, but I posted a helpful guide on the matter here: Farming five 5* Jedi.

Good luck, everyone, and with you may the Force be :)

Great stuff. Though you would have been better off working on Qui Gon instead of Jedi Guardian - QGJ is one of the best chars to use regardless of Jedi event.
  • Options
    Anybody with the official end or the contest? Who said that it will be up for just one week? Thank you
  • Options

I think it's unreasonable to expect to be able to unlock a new character right off the bat. There are no other such expectations anywhere else; we farm to unlock over time or purchase for insta-unlocks.

Yoda in this case is farmable (I.e. farming 5 jedi). To the extent that people who have farmed jedi can unlock him early, good for them. I don't see why it should cause disappointment for anybody else.
  • Robert
    150 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    You can't access the 5th event challenge if you don't have 5 5* jedi. Hope that helps.
    Ok thanks.
    RAYRAY wrote: »
    That's the way the patch notes read. You can play at 5 1* jedi, you just can't get Yoda until you have five 5* jedi. Something like this has to be gated. I like the implementation, it forces people to play the game and expand their rosters if they want a new hero. Or, you could just ignore it and be ok with not having him like many other heroes most of us don't have. If you want him bad enough, start farming and you will get him the next time or the time after that.
    It definitely gives me something to look forward to long term. And it is fun training up new characters. Also, folks that have been playing longer and spending money definitely deserve extras. It's just rough because it's Yoda. He is the one character I hoped we would eventually get when I started playing. I'm going to try and be a glass half full guy going forward! Thx
  • Options
    Baal wrote: »
    Would much rather have the xwing, or the droids.
    There's one of you in every crowd. lol
  • Options
    Stige wrote: »
    Anybody with the official end or the contest? Who said that it will be up for just one week? Thank you

Jesse said that in the long February Release Notes thread. It is not too far down on the list. Basically, the Jedi event will come and stay for a week, then go away for a while. If you're not ready with five 5* Jedi, then do as much as you can. When the event returns - no timetable for that as far as we know - you'll have another shot at it. I know I likely won't make it this time around unless my shard drop luck greatly improves suddenly. But I will 100% be ready for next time...
  • Options
    Went and found the text - apologies for earlier laziness.

First Event – Featuring a New Character!

One of the most-frequently requested characters is now available! In this inaugural Event, players can Battle to win Shards for this character in their customized training Battles.

•This Event features seven stages which must be unlocked progressively. Only Jedi units are allowed. The requirements for each Stage are also based on the star rarity of the Jedi units.

•The first Battle in this Event requires five Jedi which are 1 Star or above. Completing that Battle will award Shards of the new character, and unlock Stage 2.

•Stage 2 requires five Jedi which are 2 Star or above, and so on up to Stage 7 which requires five Jedi at 7 Stars to get the final Shards needed to Promote the new character to 7 Stars! Once players have completed Stage 5, they will have enough Shards to Activate the new character at 5 Stars.

•This Event is planned to be available for a week, and then unavailable for a number of weeks, and then available again for a week, etc. This approach will give players multiple opportunities to progress in the Event, with time in between to prepare as needed.

•This will be the only place to gain Shards of the new character. The new character is not expected to be for sale or acquirable elsewhere in the game.
  • Options
    @EA_Jesse

I wanted to ask a question about the shards as 300 is really high. I figured that it must be atleast 1 shard gives ten credits but even still 30 shards for 2 new shards is very steep.

Now i am a heavy spender and i was upset that the packs i paid real money for kept giving me characters i maxed out as it was. But this update is not giving me high hopes to continue to buy because of the steep price.

I hope you guys are considering removing characters we get to seven stars out of packs as i want to keep spending money.

This is why I stopped. Last lot I bought I ended up with over 100 Jedi consular shards when he was maxed out and 60 something ig86. Wasn't impressed so have held off purchasing for last few weeks until the shard shop came, hoping this would solve the problem.

It's not unreasonable to have expected at least a 2:1 return considering most people at end game with an excess of shards are paying customers. Not causing me to want to purchase again unless they completely remove maxed chars from packs.
  • Options
    What time will be the update in Germany Jesse?!
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    ReyandFinn wrote: »
    Ezra binks, Kannan Jarus, Starkiller, R2D2, Darth Plagues, supreme leader Snoke, Knights of Ren, Jango fett, general Hux, Dark Jar Jar, Young Obi-Wan, General Grievous, Ki-Adi-Mundi, Bail Organa. Some character ideas :)

Darth Vader before the suit when anakin just begins dark side in episode 3 is a character id kill for!
  • Options
    I could get Yoda pretty easily if Luke was counted as a jedi
  • Fatzke
    705 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Description of Yoda:

wy82mcj3.jpg

Sounds interesting. Like some kind of reflection.
    And I bet Yoda will be massively overpowered. Like almost every new character EA brings to the game, to make people spend more money...
    Post edited by Fatzke on
  • Options
    Its 1 shard=15 shard currency and each shipment costs 300 shard currency. So its 20 shards for 1 shipments and each shipment has 2 shards
  • Options
    Can someone help me
    I can't find the grand master challenge anywhere in the game, where do your have to go to play it???
  • Options
    Philpaint wrote: »
    Can someone help me
    I can't find the grand master challenge anywhere in the game, where do your have to go to play it???

Its not out yet mate, update soon :)
  • Options
    Philpaint wrote: »
    Can someone help me

Tomorrow
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    When is forced update
This discussion has been closed.