IOS To Android And Vice-Versa Now Possible!

Replies

• Bobby777 wrote: »
    Yes but kozy stated that two accounts cannot be merged and that upon transfer that any content will be overwritten. I would like to contact support and ask more about this but its going to be a headache so I think I will just wait.

She stated this @Bobby777:
    Hiya!
    This has been confirmed and in place since the new year. Also included in the Bugs Bin. ;D A new account is preferred, but not necessary. I would note that upon transfer, any content will be overwritten and lost as both accounts cannot be merged.

That has nothing to do with whether you can play on the same account on 2 different platforms. She's saying that you can't merge the earnings, such as stats, shards, abilities, etc. i.e. If you have 6* Vader on 1 and a 5* Vader on another, you're not going to get a 7* Vader. You'll get only the account you choose.

As for playing on two different devices, I've asked the gent on Reddit to chime in here, or at least update more info over there. I'm surmising the accounts have different Player IDs but the same Ally Code. Or they both could have the same. We will see when he replies.

SnakesOnAPlane
  • Bobby777
    614 posts Member
    Bobby777 wrote: »
    Yes but kozy stated that two accounts cannot be merged and that upon transfer that any content will be overwritten. I would like to contact support and ask more about this but its going to be a headache so I think I will just wait.

She stated this @Bobby777:
    Hiya!
    This has been confirmed and in place since the new year. Also included in the Bugs Bin. ;D A new account is preferred, but not necessary. I would note that upon transfer, any content will be overwritten and lost as both accounts cannot be merged.

That has nothing to do with whether you can play on the same account on 2 different platforms. She's saying that you can't merge the earnings, such as stats, shards, abilities, etc. i.e. If you have 6* Vader on 1 and a 5* Vader on another, you're not going to get a 7* Vader. You'll get only the account you choose.

As for playing on two different devices, I've asked the gent on Reddit to chime in here, or at least update more info over there. I'm surmising the accounts have different Player IDs but the same Ally Code. Or they both could have the same. We will see when he replies.

Yes I think it would be best if we know more about how the transfer works exactly and thanks for clarifying what kozi stated. I was confused and still am about the account transfer lol.
  • lisztophobia
    808 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Broulan wrote: »
    @CG_Kozispoon any confirmation on this? Does the account to copy to have to be completely new?

Hiya!
    @CG_Kozispoon

Any chance that there will eventually be a way of D.I.Y.-ing this by clicking a few times in the game app or a website, so that we don't need to hassle with customer/tech support to achieve it?
  • Broulan
    374 posts Member
    Faroer wrote: »
    Broulan wrote: »
    The gist of it that I got from support is it would basically copy your current account to the other device, and then they would not sync. Basically its a service for if you switch from one phone type to another, but not to run on both.
    @Broulan did they mention if you would have to rejoin your guild after the change? Or if you would keep your rank on your arena shards or have to start lower down over on a different shard?

I didn't ask.

Yeah I saw the same post Snakes just tellin ya what he told me in the chat.
  • Hey guys! Man of the hour here!

Glad my post got peoples attention and now people are able to get it done.

Well done EA & CG - this worked very well for me and didnt take too long. Very impressed with the service i got, as i mentioned in the reddit submission.

Glad everyone can get it done!
  • StarSon wrote: »
    Supposedly. EA/CG's stance on this since the beginning has been it isn't possible. This guy has offered zero proof, so I wouldn't bank on it actually working.

I did offer a screenshot of the email, but as developer has confirmed they can do this.
  • Faroer
    246 posts Member
    LeoWilsona wrote: »
    Hey guys! Man of the hour here!

Well done EA & CG - this worked very well for me and didnt take too long. Very impressed with the service i got, as i mentioned in the reddit submission.

Thanks for posting!

When they did your transfer did you retain your spot in your guild or have to rejoin your guild afterwards?

Did you stay in same arena with same rank, or get moved to different arena with lower rank?
  • Faroer wrote: »
    Hey guys! Man of the hour here!

Thanks for posting!

When they did your transfer did you retain your spot in your guild or have to rejoin your guild afterwards?

Did you stay in same arena with same rank, or get moved to different arena with lower rank?

No problem, really glad i did!

My spot in guild was retained, same arena rank same shard, same everything.

Think of it as a copy and paste scenario but i can access the account from both devices now if i wanted to.

Be mindful that patience is key with this, and it takes some restraint to no reply to the help ticket and for reference they completed my transfer over night and emailed me about it 6am the following morning.
  • StarSon
    7431 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »
    Supposedly. EA/CG's stance on this since the beginning has been it isn't possible. This guy has offered zero proof, so I wouldn't bank on it actually working.

I did offer a screenshot of the email, but as developer has confirmed they can do this.

They did, and we have all rejoiced. My initial skepticism was because of their constant denial of this being possible. Glad they can do it, and really glad that it works :)
  • StarSon wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »

They did, and we have all rejoiced. My initial skepticism was because of their constant denial of this being possible. Glad they can do it, and really glad that it works :)

Yeah I can understand that scepticism, i think everyone had disbelief - including myself when i opened the email saying it had been completed. Think my reaction was: "What?! No way!"
  • nskowyra
    144 posts Member
    Sheet yeah
  • crixvane
    88 posts Member
    If anyone else does this, please confirm here. I'm worried the fact that you can still play on both platforms may have been an oversight/mistake. Hope I'm wrong.
  • Thanks CG/EA.
  • Got an android account linked to Google Play and got a separate account linked to Game Center. Started over because of new device.

Anyway to link one of the accounts across multiple devices at this point?
  • Got an android account linked to Google Play and got a separate account linked to Game Center. Started over because of new device.

Anyway to link one of the accounts across multiple devices at this point?

@sashayung88 read up as it'll explain how to do this.

SnakesOnAPlane
  • Bobby777
    614 posts Member
    Thanks for the posts guys! In a couple of weeks I will attempt to contact support and have my account transferred.
    Thanks for the posts guys! In a couple of weeks I will attempt to contact support and have my account transferred.

Let us know how it goes!

SnakesOnAPlane

Glad to hear that!
  • Orba
    62 posts Member
    Been wondering for a while why we haven't had this ability. With CG's other game Heroes of Dragon Age you can do it through linking your Facebook account.
  • I've submitted a ticket to have my Ios account moved over since I'm in the process of switching back to android. I'll update here how it all goes.
  • Bobby777
    614 posts Member
    I've submitted a ticket to have my Ios account moved over since I'm in the process of switching back to android. I'll update here how it all goes.

Let us know how the transfer goes and if you are able to play on both IOS and android devices.
  • Caiaphas
    187 posts Member
    Bobby777 wrote: »
    I've submitted a ticket to have my Ios account moved over since I'm in the process of switching back to android. I'll update here how it all goes.

Let us know how the transfer goes and if you are able to play on both IOS and android devices.

yes, please let us know whether you can still play on both devices. that is the key issue for me.
  • Is it possible to move from a guest account to one linked to game center or Google play?
  • Erekose13 wrote: »
    Is it possible to move from a guest account to one linked to game center or Google play?

This is exactly what what of my guild members needs the ability to do. made the mistake early on choosing guest account instead of game center..... if its possible this would be the cats meow!

Still great work from EA/CG great step forward!
  • Broulan
    374 posts Member
    Orba wrote: »
    Been wondering for a while why we haven't had this ability. With CG's other game Heroes of Dragon Age you can do it through linking your Facebook account.

This would be ideal. They already have a facebook connect...
  • StarSon
    7431 posts Member
    Erekose13 wrote: »
    Is it possible to move from a guest account to one linked to game center or Google play?

@CG_Kozispoon How about it? Any fix for these people yet? I have a couple guildmates that took over their children's games and now if the device dies their account is lost.
  • Okay, I have a different problem but this change might fix it. My account for some reason was created with Game Center turned off. My phone is getting old and I need it to link to a newer iOS device. Has anyone used this method to make this change?
  • NoRinGoSho wrote: »
    Okay, I have a different problem but this change might fix it. My account for some reason was created with Game Center turned off. My phone is getting old and I need it to link to a newer iOS device. Has anyone used this method to make this change?

Just turn Game Center on and your account will auto link. @NoRinGoSho . I assume you are still Mol Eliza? Do you have in-game chat?

SnakesOnAPlane
  • When I turn on Game Center it's a level 2 account. Or at least it was a few months ago the last time I tried. We use Discord for chat if that is what you are asking. JediBeer#1671 on Discord. My game name is 乃巳巳尺.
  • Yes, I just tried again and it switches to a level 2 account. It will be sad when I have to upgrade my phone and have to lose this game. It has been a fun year.