GK retains Foresight after counter-attack

vynn
205 posts Member
See the 0:54 and 1:54 mark here:

https://youtu.be/UBjU4kGzBrQ

Replies

• That's actually not a bug. In both cases GK took a turn, and his Foresight allowed him to dodge the counter-attack, and he then regained Foresight at the end of his turn (65% chance).
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • vynn
    205 posts Member
    That's actually not a bug. In both cases GK took a turn, and his Foresight allowed him to dodge the counter-attack, and he then regained Foresight at the end of his turn (65% chance).

Counter-attack doesn't occur AFTER his turn is over? That's awful, so he's not only guaranteed to dodge counter damage but also most likely going to gain Foresight again, after the counter attack.. I would argue that his turn should be over after his attack and the counter-attack should then clear the Foresight which was gained when his turn ended.
  • vynn wrote: »
    That's actually not a bug. In both cases GK took a turn, and his Foresight allowed him to dodge the counter-attack, and he then regained Foresight at the end of his turn (65% chance).

Counter-attack doesn't occur AFTER his turn is over? That's awful, so he's not only guaranteed to dodge counter damage but also most likely going to gain Foresight again, after the counter attack.. I would argue that his turn should be over after his attack and the counter-attack should then clear the Foresight which was gained when his turn ended.

I'll let @scuba give more info to the mechanics of this, so as to not steer you wrong.

SnakesOnAPlane
  • scuba
    14040 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    vynn wrote: »

Counter attacks happen during the turn (this is why they had issues with aalya stunning on counter attacks and dooku stunning and ability blocking on counter attacks). has always been like that

1. Turn start
    2. attack opponent
    3. opponent responds (counter TM gain etc)
    4. Turn end
    5. Turn end unique processes

I don't disagree with you logic but that is how it currently works.
  • vynn
    205 posts Member
    So whenever Foresight is up, it's a risk-free attack against any unit that can counter attack. They should rename the ability to Foresight+Hindsight... :dizzy:
  • scuba
    14040 posts Member
    So whenever Foresight is up, it's a risk-free attack against any unit that can counter attack. They should rename the ability to Foresight+Hindsight... :dizzy:

Well the good part is if dooku gets bonus attack on counter than the second hit would have landed.
  • vynn
    205 posts Member
    scuba wrote: »

Well the good part is if dooku gets bonus attack on counter than the second hit would have landed.

I could be wrong, but it seems like the chance to attack a second time is very low if the first attack is evaded.
  • Ig88isboss
    1752 posts Member
    They should just make gk invincible
  • scuba
    14040 posts Member

I could be wrong, but it seems like the chance to attack a second time is very low if the first attack is evaded.

I have used it a lot on my alt account. Haven't noticed any difference.
  • Supercat
    3250 posts Member

TFP lol

Counter attacks happen during the turn (this is why they had issues with aalya stunning on counter attacks and dooku stunning and ability blocking on counter attacks). has always been like that

1. Turn start
    2. attack opponent
    3. opponent responds (counter TM gain etc)
    4. Turn end
    5. Turn end unique processes

I don't disagree with you logic but that is how it currently works.

And that's why I get triggered when I stun barris and her unique still procs.
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.