Shard Shop Exclusive Character later this month

Replies

• LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    7 shards got me 105, so 15 each per shard- to those interested
    {RotE}
  • You need 330 shards to get to 7* right? Exchange rate is 6 to 1 I think ... so you need 1980 extra shards from 7* guys, right?
  • schreierj wrote: »
    You need 330 shards to get to 7* right? Exchange rate is 6 to 1 I think ... so you need 1980 extra shards from 7* guys, right?

It is 10:1 so you would need 3300 shards.
  • QGJM
    318 posts Member
    @EA_Jesse
    Thanx for the Info. And congrats to the shard Shop! 1:10 is reasonable. The chromium exclusives keep their value. And the shard Shop exclusive Char will hopefully be a "Gift" to compensate the whales of "loosing" their beloved QGJ.

WELL DONE!
  • this shard shop is a waste of time. whales are not interested because you offer them characters they already have maxed, f2p are not interested because we do not have hundreds of extra shards. well done
  • rotam wrote: »
    this shard shop is a waste of time. whales are not interested because you offer them characters they already have maxed, f2p are not interested because we do not have hundreds of extra shards. well done

Exclusive coming in two weeks then whales will be thrilled. How anyone spends thousands of dollars on a game is beyond me anyways.
  • More Talia and Asajj shards plox.

Love them nightsisters
  • Psychor
    35 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    How anyone spends thousands of dollars on a game is beyond me anyways.

Because they can afford to spend the money and enjoy what they receive in return? Seems pretty straightforward.
  • Psychor wrote: »
    How anyone spends thousands of dollars on a game is beyond me anyways.

Because they can afford to spend the money and enjoy what they receive in return? Seems pretty straightforward.

Yeah i dont get it lol.
  • QGJM wrote: »
    @EA_Jesse
    Thanx for the Info. And congrats to the shard Shop! 1:10 is reasonable. The chromium exclusives keep their value. And the shard Shop exclusive Char will hopefully be a "Gift" to compensate the whales of "loosing" their beloved QGJ.

WELL DONE!

You are brain dead if you think 1:10 is reasonable, respectfully. . .
  • @murton09

In fact if I were the EA guys I would have used 1:10, too. If U want the special exclusive shard shop only char you have to buy chromiums or start better now to collect your shipments....

Otherwise just farm the right char in the other ways
    @murton09

In fact if I were the EA guys I would have used 1:10, too. If U want the special exclusive shard shop only char you have to buy chromiums or start better now to collect your shipments....

Otherwise just farm the right char in the other ways

It's a business decision, not a reasonable decision (if you care about pleasing your customers)
  • QGJM
    318 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Yes, pleasing the customers who pay your paycheck is quite clever and reasonable
  • Given the exchange rate is ridiculously bad for players, anything in the shard shop is hardly worth it.
    Yes, pleasing the customers who pay your paycheck is quite clever and reasonable

But this is having the opposite effect....lol
  • 1:10 isn't my issue. It's the slowness of the shop. 2 shards a day is just stupid. Without a refresh this doesn't help anyone, whale or not. If they don't add a refresh then it needs to offer a better variety of shards. At least keep my existing 7* heroes out and those that I can farm easily elsewhere.

Poor implementation of a decent idea.
  • Lol not like it's gunna matter, you would need 100 spare shards to get enough currency for a 1* character from the shard shop.... Pretty rediculous exchange rate.
  • RAYRAY wrote: »
    I am assuming that this will be an entirely new character. What I am really interested in is what chromium exclusive characters will no longer be exclusive come the patch? I would love even a vague answer on this. Something like "We are moving 2 (or 3 or 4 or 5) characters to the various shipment stores that were previously chromium only at the time of the update."

None of them, why would they do that at this time, they just moved QGJ over. Only 8 of the characters are chromium exclusive.

Aayla, Cad Bane, Dath Maul, Grand Moff Tarkin, Kit Fisto, Lando Calrissian, Obi Wan Kenobi, and Princess Leia.

Why would they make a shop to encourage people to buy packs, only to deter people from buying packs and instead continuing to buy cantina/arena/GW shipments for shard exchange since the Exclusive characters can be purchased that way.

Isn't first order tie pilot and a couple others exclusive to the chromium packs?
  • Really? No refresh button? And only 2 shards of each kind? Why not having Darth Vador in the shop every day?
  • ... That shard shop exclusive ... Is it Jedi Luke ... Please tell me it's him
  • supafreak69
    1 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Or from a farming angle
    -I just posted this in the forums-
    At a rate of 10:1 I could win First place in Arena every day and get 1.25 Shop shard. Beat GW and get 1.5 shop shards Buy 5 shards in cantina a day on average for another 1/2 a shop shard

**So 3.25 shop shards a day by investing everything I have and getting #1 Arena**

- Suppose the shop exclusive unlocks at 4 starts that's 25 days minimum
    - 20 more days to get to 5 stars
    - 26 more days to get to 6 stars
    - 31 more days to get to 7 stars

Just let that sink in. 102 days of flat out investing all of your winnings and getting rank 1 every day. 102 f***ing days

**Edit:** You can only buy 2 a day, so even if you spend 102 days farming, you'll need to wait at least another 2 months after that to finish

- Suppose the shop exclusive unlocks at 4 starts that's 40 days minimum
    - 33 more days to get to 5 stars
    - 42 more days to get to 6 stars
    - 50 more days to get to 7 stars

• ... That shard shop exclusive ... Is it Jedi Luke ... Please tell me it's him

I hope not; I would love for Jedi luke to become a GW character.

• Or from a farming angle
    -I just posted this in the forums-
    At a rate of 10:1 I could win First place in Arena every day and get 1.25 Shop shard. Beat GW and get 1.5 shop shards Buy 5 shards in cantina a day on average for another 1/2 a shop shard

**So 3.25 shop shards a day by investing everything I have and getting #1 Arena**

- Suppose the shop exclusive unlocks at 4 starts that's 25 days minimum
    - 20 more days to get to 5 stars
    - 26 more days to get to 6 stars
    - 31 more days to get to 7 stars

Just let that sink in. 102 days of flat out investing all of your winnings and getting rank 1 every day. 102 f***ing days

**Edit:** You can only buy 2 a day, so even if you spend 102 days farming, you'll need to wait at least another 2 months after that to finish

- Suppose the shop exclusive unlocks at 4 starts that's 40 days minimum
    - 33 more days to get to 5 stars
    - 42 more days to get to 6 stars
    - 50 more days to get to 7 stars

Thanks for doing the math..
    Im FTP, and the realistic rank I can get is only top 100 (90+ just around the 6pm time) so surely it will take longer time for me..
    My 2 cents, 10:1 is a bit steep, but understandable.. Of course I am hoping for a better trade off..
    Now for the refreshes, it should be similar to other shops, having 6 hours timer.. It does not make sense making it not refreshable at all.. Hope you guys reconsider this, @EA_Jesse

• Too bad for everyone else who doesn't read the forum.
    Why so pessimistic?
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    I would've been fine with 2:1 for farmable toons, 5:1 for chrome only and 10:1 for exclusive and Vader
  • I've handed in 10 shards... 7 lumi 3 Ventress... I only have 150 share credits though? If it's 10:1 why do I only have half of that?. Am I missing something?
  • Tardis1205 wrote: »
    I've handed in 10 shards... 7 lumi 3 Ventress... I only have 150 share credits though? If it's 10:1 why do I only have half of that?. Am I missing something?

Lol nevermind. It literally just hit me that you get 2 shards.... HAHAHAHAH
  • rotam wrote: »
    this shard shop is a waste of time. whales are not interested because you offer them characters they already have maxed, f2p are not interested because we do not have hundreds of extra shards. well done

Exclusive coming in two weeks then whales will be thrilled. How anyone spends thousands of dollars on a game is beyond me anyways.

LOL. Exactly. Imagine if Xbox or Playstation released a game for $80 or $100. Gamers would lose their minds, yet people are spending thousands on a single game to grant them access to some heroes that one day will disappear from this earth when the game becomes unprofitable and folds. Addiction is a terrible thing.
  • Robobob wrote: »
    LOL. Exactly. Imagine if Xbox or Playstation released a game for $80 or $100. Gamers would lose their minds, yet people are spending thousands on a single game to grant them access to some heroes that one day will disappear from this earth when the game becomes unprofitable and folds. Addiction is a terrible thing.

And what pray tell lasts forever
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Robobob wrote: »

And what pray tell lasts forever
    Energy

{RotE}
This discussion has been closed.