Is anyone using any of the reworked/new empire toons in a top 100 Arena team ?

Prev134
So the Rebel reworks made Wiggs the meta, the Rogue 1 brought us Chaze, Jynn and to a lesser extent Cassian and K2, the first oder pass brought Zylo, the sith pass brought to us DN, Zaul and to a lesser extent both Sith Assasin and Sith Trooper. All great in both the arena or Raids. What did the empire pass bring? Not even a single arena viable toon, nothing imo. To put even more salt in the wound during this worthless pass rebels and all other lightside teams received also R2. Also a great toon for both raids or arena.

So prove me wrong, tell me for what empire tonn(s) will this pass be remembered? And how well they compare with Chaze, DN, Zylo etc.

Replies

  • Acrofales
    1303 posts Member
    Shoretrooper.
  • CatoSan
    51 posts Member
    Troopers in general iirc? Especially with veers
  • But Shoretrooper was used before the empire pass, he din't receive to much of a rework. He stands the same in relation with other tanks (namely GK,Baze, Sith Trooper) or with other toons after the pass.He and TFP were the only non sith good toons that people somewhat used in top arena, so the pass didn't change at all his situation.

    I am asking about the new or reworked toons that were supposed to receive a new life in the game: Gar, ISC, Veers, Snow, Magma, Storm. Who are the equivalents for Jynn, Zylo, Chaze or DN from this lot ?How do they compare with Wiggs/Lando at thei time? How did this pass affect the game at all?
  • leef
    11718 posts Member
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/110230/zader-drennic-vs-different-meta-squads
    DT & shore, not alot but still ;)
    I have high hopes for the empire as a faction. Grand moff tarkin could make them all amazing. Or atleast on par with Jedi, who are most certainly viable at top tier arena at the moment.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Zader can get into the top 100 arena.
  • Parableman wrote: »
    Zader can get into the top 100 arena.

    anything can fight anything as long as zmaul isn't in the equation.
  • also, you are mistaken.

    Biggs/Wedge rework --> wiggsdo meta
    R1 --> Chaze (p2p meta), otherwise continuation of Wiggs meta.
    FO/resistance Faction Pass--> Viva La Resistance (hAAT powerhouse), zKylo
    Sith Faction Pass--> zMaul, DN meta (zMaul everywhere, and the rise of triple cleanse)
    R2---> death of zMaul, triple cleanse takes the helm
    Trooper faction pass--> new hAAT p3 powerhouse team, increased viability.
  • Gamorrean
    2148 posts Member
    A guy in my shard used EP lead with shore, DT, Krennic and tfp. He is placed around 30-40 ish.

    Empire has got its good toons now. If chaze wasn't in the game we would have seen more of them in arena

    So blame chaze. Always blame chaze.
  • If I had better speed mods, there's no doubt in my mind I'd break into top 50, maybe 40 with my zader team. Empire is good, and I hold my own again my 80-60 zaul teams. Rebels are still way to good and directly counter empire... when empire was supposed to counter rebels. Biggs is the problem. Empire has a lot of AOEs which just gives Biggs full turn meter. At least in my experience. 'This is the hardest to deal with. Chaze can be rough, but once I get baze down, my boba cleans up chirrut
  • Gamorrean
    2148 posts Member
    If I had better speed mods, there's no doubt in my mind I'd break into top 50, maybe 40 with my zader team. Empire is good, and I hold my own again my 80-60 zaul teams. Rebels are still way to good and directly counter empire... when empire was supposed to counter rebels. Biggs is the problem. Empire has a lot of AOEs which just gives Biggs full turn meter. At least in my experience. 'This is the hardest to deal with. Chaze can be rough, but once I get baze down, my boba cleans up chirrut
    You actually have a point there, but if you use wiggs in arena you are bait for zMaul
  • Mzee
    1554 posts Member
    If I had better speed mods, there's no doubt in my mind I'd break into top 50, maybe 40 with my zader team. Empire is good, and I hold my own again my 80-60 zaul teams. Rebels are still way to good and directly counter empire... when empire was supposed to counter rebels. Biggs is the problem. Empire has a lot of AOEs which just gives Biggs full turn meter. At least in my experience. 'This is the hardest to deal with. Chaze can be rough, but once I get baze down, my boba cleans up chirrut

    As someone who uses Vader zeta lead in arena (top 20 consistently) I disagree. Wedge, and Biggs are a non-issue for me. Shoretrooper soaks up all the damage they do while I get my dots on them, and ability blocking Biggs can remove his double assist attack from the equation. I can beat about half of the Maul teams in the top 20 consistently. If RNG gives them a ton of dodging though then that can be a problem. It generally just comes down to speed mods, and how many stuns Palpatine can get off. The Cheirut, and Baze combo, particularly with Kenobi is a real pain though since they just dispel all the buffs, and keep buffing each other. B2 can't keep up with all their buffs.
  • also, you are mistaken.

    Biggs/Wedge rework --> wiggsdo meta
    R1 --> Chaze (p2p meta), otherwise continuation of Wiggs meta.
    FO/resistance Faction Pass--> Viva La Resistance (hAAT powerhouse), zKylo
    Sith Faction Pass--> zMaul, DN meta (zMaul everywhere, and the rise of triple cleanse)
    R2---> death of zMaul, triple cleanse takes the helm
    Trooper faction pass--> new hAAT p3 powerhouse team, increased viability.

    How am I mistaken? All other passes/reworks added premium arena toons for those factions and great raid toons like Jynn who can solo Rancor or Zylo, rebels with Wiggs are still the go to team in p4 HAAT. What premium toon has this pass added for empire? Even for raids the troopers do not compare with the utility of Jynn, Zylo or the plain old Wiggs.

    Increased their viability? How many of this now viable toons have you met? Increased viability my derierre.
  • I've been using Palp lead with Vader, shore, TFP and Magma or DT and have been holding between 90 - 110
  • So the Rebel reworks made Wiggs the meta, the Rogue 1 brought us Chaze, Jynn and to a lesser extent Cassian and K2, the first oder pass brought Zylo, the sith pass brought to us DN, Zaul and to a lesser extent both Sith Assasin and Sith Trooper. All great in both the arena or Raids. What did the empire pass bring? Not even a single arena viable toon, nothing imo. To put even more salt in the wound during this worthless pass rebels and all other lightside teams received also R2. Also a great toon for both raids or arena.

    So prove me wrong, tell me for what empire tonn(s) will this pass be remembered? And how well they compare with Chaze, DN, Zylo etc.

    Don't think about comparing stuff to Chaze - everything will look bad. The trooper rework won't have a huge impact in terms of meta on arena - should have some strong raid teams coming out of it though. Still too early to fully tell however with a possible / likely Tarkin rework left to go.
  • I'm in a January 17 shard, so very new, but there's a veers led, shore, dt, boba, I forget the 5th in top 50. I run wiggs, chaze, r2 and I make a fool of him...
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Full imperial troopers can hold top 50 easily
  • Aero wrote: »
    Full imperial troopers can hold top 50 easily

    I'd agree with that and the OP's question about top 100 - but seems there's a disconnect in the OP between the subject of top 100, which is pretty broad, and then comparing it to Chaze or not.
  • Mzee wrote: »
    If I had better speed mods, there's no doubt in my mind I'd break into top 50, maybe 40 with my zader team. Empire is good, and I hold my own again my 80-60 zaul teams. Rebels are still way to good and directly counter empire... when empire was supposed to counter rebels. Biggs is the problem. Empire has a lot of AOEs which just gives Biggs full turn meter. At least in my experience. 'This is the hardest to deal with. Chaze can be rough, but once I get baze down, my boba cleans up chirrut

    As someone who uses Vader zeta lead in arena (top 20 consistently) I disagree. Wedge, and Biggs are a non-issue for me. Shoretrooper soaks up all the damage they do while I get my dots on them, and ability blocking Biggs can remove his double assist attack from the equation. I can beat about half of the Maul teams in the top 20 consistently. If RNG gives them a ton of dodging though then that can be a problem. It generally just comes down to speed mods, and how many stuns Palpatine can get off. The Cheirut, and Baze combo, particularly with Kenobi is a real pain though since they just dispel all the buffs, and keep buffing each other. B2 can't keep up with all their buffs.

    Short trooper is the difference in our squads.... I can't clear 9b to save my life :-)
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Veers (L), Snow, Skore, DT, Kenobi. Doing well on a Nov. 2015 shard. Have to run Kenobi as a cleanser plus his call-everybody ability and Veers having the same, lets u focus fire a target down.

    They need an early kill to start the ball rolling. Once u kill 1, the tm gains and offense up let u kill again and again.
  • Aero wrote: »
    Full imperial troopers can hold top 50 easily

    I'd agree with that and the OP's question about top 100 - but seems there's a disconnect in the OP between the subject of top 100, which is pretty broad, and then comparing it to Chaze or not.

    I am not comparing Troopers , Gar or ISC with Chaze. I am highlighting the difference between what different passes/reworks/ faction buffs have brought in the past with what the empire pass has brought.

    The reason why I have specified top 100 is because while there may be many empire fans who would use the troopers or the new toons without carrying about rank I wanted to know how many are using them competitively.

    The bottom line is this: when new rebel (original or R1) were added/reworked the arenas became full of rebels, to full if I may say. When the sith pass happened the same thing. Even when the FO had their rework at least Kylo started appearing in many teams. Now that the empire pass almost finished the arenas have more rebel teams than before because of R2. There is no impact, people have no reason to invest in them, Empire is not stronger because of this pass.

    Troopers being good in one phase in raids do not excuse their averageness in arena. Not only they aren't great like their predecessors from different passes who were better than everything when they were added, they aren't even as good as the top toons right now. Also like I said the other toons were great in raids too, so is not something special they have to compensate for their poor arena showings.


    Even shorter: In the past whenever pases/reworks happened farming those toons was a PRIORITY. Who can say the same about the empire toons?

  • Aero wrote: »
    Full imperial troopers can hold top 50 easily

    I'd agree with that and the OP's question about top 100 - but seems there's a disconnect in the OP between the subject of top 100, which is pretty broad, and then comparing it to Chaze or not.

    I am not comparing Troopers , Gar or ISC with Chaze. I am highlighting the difference between what different passes/reworks/ faction buffs have brought in the past with what the empire pass has brought.

    The reason why I have specified top 100 is because while there may be many empire fans who would use the troopers or the new toons without carrying about rank I wanted to know how many are using them competitively.

    The bottom line is this: when new rebel (original or R1) were added/reworked the arenas became full of rebels, to full if I may say. When the sith pass happened the same thing. Even when the FO had their rework at least Kylo started appearing in many teams. Now that the empire pass almost finished the arenas have more rebel teams than before because of R2. There is no impact, people have no reason to invest in them, Empire is not stronger because of this pass.

    Troopers being good in one phase in raids do not excuse their averageness in arena. Not only they aren't great like their predecessors from different passes who were better than everything when they were added, they aren't even as good as the top toons right now. Also like I said the other toons were great in raids too, so is not something special they have to compensate for their poor arena showings.


    Even shorter: In the past whenever pases/reworks happened farming those toons was a PRIORITY. Who can say the same about the empire toons?

    Just give in - game is about rebels. Farm Chaze or fall behind. Noose is tight on full DS teams and we don't even have Luke yet.
  • Aero wrote: »
    Full imperial troopers can hold top 50 easily

    I'd agree with that and the OP's question about top 100 - but seems there's a disconnect in the OP between the subject of top 100, which is pretty broad, and then comparing it to Chaze or not.

    I am not comparing Troopers , Gar or ISC with Chaze. I am highlighting the difference between what different passes/reworks/ faction buffs have brought in the past with what the empire pass has brought.

    The reason why I have specified top 100 is because while there may be many empire fans who would use the troopers or the new toons without carrying about rank I wanted to know how many are using them competitively.

    The bottom line is this: when new rebel (original or R1) were added/reworked the arenas became full of rebels, to full if I may say. When the sith pass happened the same thing. Even when the FO had their rework at least Kylo started appearing in many teams. Now that the empire pass almost finished the arenas have more rebel teams than before because of R2. There is no impact, people have no reason to invest in them, Empire is not stronger because of this pass.

    Troopers being good in one phase in raids do not excuse their averageness in arena. Not only they aren't great like their predecessors from different passes who were better than everything when they were added, they aren't even as good as the top toons right now. Also like I said the other toons were great in raids too, so is not something special they have to compensate for their poor arena showings.


    Even shorter: In the past whenever pases/reworks happened farming those toons was a PRIORITY. Who can say the same about the empire toons?

    Just give in - game is about rebels. Farm Chaze or fall behind. Noose is tight on full DS teams and we don't even have Luke yet.

    The moment I will lose my last hope of balance between factions will be also the moment when I will quit the game. For now I still think that CG will realize at some point that not all players want to use rebels and, more important, that not all players want to use the same all 4 or 5 toons. True, going by the past the future looks bleak, but like I said, I must hold my hope so I can still play the game.
  • coeuss
    216 posts Member
    The tough part of the question is that shards have different dynamics. Things like how many whales, and age of the shard change the dynamics. What works on one shard may not work on another. It seems the older the shards, the more the meta seems to compress down to a few elite teams. In younger shards, more variety can work for top 50. Just my take.
  • CUFCfan616
    279 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    It frustrates me as I love my empire squad, but there's sometimes nothing I can do to combat a rebel squad with speed mods. I faced one just now with 8k less power than me (rex lead + chaze & wiggs), only baze at gear 9 (and 3* to rub it in), everyone else at gear 8, my supposed anti-rebel squad all gear 10 except 1 at gear 9 can't even get a scratch on them by the time I'm down 2 or 3 toons.

    I would happily spend money on the game to boost the squad that i want to play, but I know I'd get no enjoyment out of spending that money to go nowhere simply because CG can't put some proper balance to the game. I know I'm in the minority there though and more people are happy to throw money to build up a copycat squad of the flavour of the month, and that's the income for the game.
  • Smapty
    1252 posts Member
    They can compete for sure... even in top 10

    But not as reliable or "easy" as the cliche teams most people a running nowadays

    With a DN lead or Zader I can just click auto and win nearly every time... with troopers not so much

    I'm hoping the tarkin rework will add some new dimension and make them more viable as a top team
  • If you win on auto with Zaul an DN then you probably have top mods in your shard, and still the troopers barely can compete in top 10 with those mods. And even then you are the first person that I heard that ranks so high with them. And here is the problem, If they don't have them, and most people don't, why would anyone farm and gear up between 2 and 5 toons to do worse than with their current setup? How much of a priority is a second good p4 HAAT team? How justified is the pass, a pass to the second largest and important faction in the game if this is the result?
  • How is empire the "second largest faction"? Also, we are in a triple cleanse VS debuff meta, so troopers, with zero cleanses or debuffs, won't work.
  • no

    there are some passed 20 top but I have not seen any finishing on top 10 on my server

    Truth be told I saw someone at 8 and atacked him zeta vares death trooper shore etc. It is a very week team compared to GK rex nihilus baris chirut or zaul sith team....

    a zeta veers so fast means that the user did have better teams in his inv and was just testing it

    not all teams are arena viable, I'm sure veers will make his use in some new event or raid but it's not an arena team

    btween mass ddaze/stun/CD increase in first turn there isn't much usefullness left. against zaul they hit the evasion wich helps the enemie team, veers and deattrooper will be dead by second or third round
Sign In or Register to comment.