Frustration With The Game *Developer Response*

Prev13
3Cheers4Tyranny
2084 posts Member
edited May 2017
I've been playing this game and approaching my first year mark next week. I never loved a game, a mobile game especially this much and until a month and half ago, I wasn't ever bored with it. Now it's getting kinda stale, and the cookie cutter teams makes the staleness somewhat worse.

I personally am not bored because of the meta or am I complaining about it, I do feel that's somewhat of a contributing factor but I don't think that's why I'm bored.

I think one of the reasons is the fact that there's no gamemode you can play eternally. GW is no longer enough to keep me entertained. I remember when I was a new player I'd always wait for the daily reset so I can play around with a toon I just got to 7* or unlocked in GW. I'm still like that today, anytime I G10 a toon, I'm always eager to play around with them in GW.

I do, however, feel like the credit crunch is the least of my problems, and no, I'm not one of those guys with 10m+ credits. The gear crunch is a bit frustrating though, but I kinda learned to embrace the crummy drop rates. I think it makes gearing a toon feel more rewarding. The least talked about "crunch" - crystal crunch isn't a problem for me either as I think premium currency shouldn't be handed out and CG is good at doing so.

Raids have gotten redundant to the point i just usually log a 0. I find it boring to repeat the same process over and over and over. In fact, I've actually gotten better rewards logging a 0 as of now. <--- True story

I don't want to come across as one of those players who are too contemptuous, but I am getting pretty frustrated. I know a new gamemode is coming out, but the fact it's using ships just make me no longer interested in whatever it is, but I won't say anything more as I don't want to judge something we have little details on.

My point is, I feel as if I'm playing because of addiction, not for pleasure. I've seen some people here suggest a sort of practice mode where you get no rewards but can play it infinitely, which sounds great. Here's to hoping the new gamemode will keep me and other players interested longer than ships.
Post edited by 3Cheers4Tyranny on

Replies

• You're certainly not alone.
  • LordStyling
    1461 posts Member
    inter guild pvp with no rewards would be fantastic.

kinda like clash of clans did to revive the game a bit
  • LRMoser
    139 posts Member
    I think what many people don't understand about this game (not saying you) is that this game is about collecting. These types of game tend to get old if you want content more than the joy of collecting. I would imagine that Pokemon is the most successful "collection" game and in that game the content is very easy and repetitive as you get closer to the endgame because you use the same handful of characters in order to collect all the characters. I have enjoyed the collecting aspect but I feel that as I get closer and closer to having all characters 7 stars that is when the game will start loosing its luster for me.

• Definitely not alone. There isn't really much keeping me playing anymore. I don't think I'm playing because I'm addicted.. I like the game, but I'm more so just playing out of habit. I get no feeling of satisfaction, I don't get frustrated anymore if I can't get #1, my raid participation is spotty (if I feel like putting the time in I will otherwise I'll just do the minimum), I don't care what rewards I get. I feel I could drop the game right now and never look back. The novelty just isn't there anymore. The gear crunch has me feeling like I can't try new things, and don't want to waste resources on something I won't stick with, so I just roll with what I got and continue to hoard.
  • Agreed. Releasing new 3* characters isn't what the community wants. We have 115+ characters. The R2 event was great. Gave me a reason to work on empire characters. A lot of guilds have HAAT on farm and the rancor is kind of a joke at this point. We need another game mode. What we don't need is something petty added to daily challenges like "increase the level of one ship!" And also, please no mods for ships lol.
  • LRMoser wrote: »
    I think what many people don't understand about this game (not saying you) is that this game is about collecting. These types of game tend to get old if you want content more than the joy of collecting. I would imagine that Pokemon is the most successful "collection" game and in that game the content is very easy and repetitive as you get closer to the endgame because you use the same handful of characters in order to collect all the characters. I have enjoyed the collecting aspect but I feel that as I get closer and closer to having all characters 7 stars that is when the game will start loosing its luster for me.

Collecting aspect is the reason I'm still playing. But you can only collect so much before you get to the more useless side of toons. I'm approaching a 7* Kenobi and a 7* Shoretrooper and there's no greater satisfaction to me than getting a rare character to 7*
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    edited May 2017
    Hiya!
    We hear you. Boy howdy do we hear you and the other players sentiment on Ships as well as the chomping at the bit for more. More and change. Change and more is coming! There is so much that goes on day-to-day that we do the best we can where we can providing the community with information, but I think its clear at this point its what we CAN talk about and WHEN.
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • ThunderGun wrote: »
    Definitely not alone. There isn't really much keeping me playing anymore. I don't think I'm playing because I'm addicted.. I like the game, but I'm more so just playing out of habit. I get no feeling of satisfaction, I don't get frustrated anymore if I can't get #1, my raid participation is spotty (if I feel like putting the time in I will otherwise I'll just do the minimum), I don't care what rewards I get. I feel I could drop the game right now and never look back. The novelty just isn't there anymore. The gear crunch has me feeling like I can't try new things, and don't want to waste resources on something I won't stick with, so I just roll with what I got and continue to hoard.

I feel the exact same way. There's been days where I went from rank 1 to 25 in half an hour and I just shrugged it off. But it's soo...addicting and I can't put it down for whatever reason. Kinda like my first drink haha.
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    You're certainly not alone.

+1
  • Hiya!
    We hear you. Boy howdy do we hear you and the other players sentiment on Ships as well as the chomping at the bit for more. More and change. Change and more is coming! There is so much that goes on day-to-day that we do the best we can where we can providing the community with information, but I think its clear at this point its what we CAN talk about and WHEN.

Thanks for the response! I'm very glad you do hold off information though, otherwise the mysterious and hype aspect dies off and by the time we receive such content, it's not as exciting.
  • Hiya!

@CG_Kozispoon

Id like to say i appreciate you guys editing topics to let us know you have responded :)
  • I've been playing this game and approaching my first year mark next week. I never loved a game, a mobile game especially this much and until a month and half ago, I wasn't ever bored with it. Now it's getting kinda stale, and the cookie cutter teams makes the staleness somewhat worse.

I personally am not bored because of the meta or am I complaining about it, I do feel that's somewhat of a contributing factor but I don't think that's why I'm bored.

I think one of the reasons is the fact that there's no gamemode you can play eternally. GW is no longer enough to keep me entertained. I remember when I was a new player I'd always wait for the daily reset so I can play around with a toon I just got to 7* or unlocked in GW. I'm still like that today, anytime I G10 a toon, I'm always eager to play around with them in GW.

I do, however, feel like the credit crunch is the least of my problems, and no, I'm not one of those guys with 10m+ credits. The gear crunch is a bit frustrating though, but I kinda learned to embrace the crummy drop rates. I think it makes gearing a toon feel more rewarding. The least talked about "crunch" - crystal crunch isn't a problem for me either as I think premium currency shouldn't be handed out and CG is good at doing so.

Raids have gotten redundant to the point i just usually log a 0. I find it boring to repeat the same process over and over and over. In fact, I've actually gotten better rewards logging a 0 as of now. <--- True story

I don't want to come across as one of those players who are too contemptuous, but I am getting pretty frustrated. I know a new gamemode is coming out, but the fact it's using ships just make me no longer interested in whatever it is, but I won't say anything more as I don't want to judge something we have little details on.

My point is, I feel as if I'm playing because of addiction, not for pleasure. I've seen some people here suggest a sort of practice mode where you get no rewards but can play it infinitely, which sounds great. Here's to hoping the new gamemode will keep me and other players interested longer than ships.

Is this all because you can't farm FOTP in 4 days?
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)

@CG_Kozispoon
    Id like to say i appreciate you guys editing topics to let us know you have responded :)

I'd like to take the credit, but that's all the OP!
    Tryin' so hard to get a dev tracker for the forums. Oh my gosh, do I try
    l397iunywu8d.jpg
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines

• CG_Kozispoon

I'd like to take the credit, but that's all the OP!
    Tryin' so hard to get a dev tracker for the forums. Oh my gosh, do I try
    l397iunywu8d.jpg

:joy:
    I've been playing this game and approaching my first year mark next week. I never loved a game, a mobile game especially this much and until a month and half ago, I wasn't ever bored with it. Now it's getting kinda stale, and the cookie cutter teams makes the staleness somewhat worse.

Is this all because you can't farm FOTP in 4 days?

Why would I farm a toon I already have 7-star?
  • As a March 2017 player, I think the entire ships thing is good for players who want that kind of game, but bad in the sense that eventually progression leads you into having to play it.

Is the choice thing not possible? Certainly players who are playing only for zetas would not play it otherwise, especially since the other options in the shop are probably characters longer time players have already maxed. And certainly they wouldn't be the kind spending any amount of real money into ship investment. Maybe get a few dollars at first just to get ships capable of farming zetas, but it's a real short term payoff.

I happen to like ship battles, my son also enjoys them, but with only arena and challenges it gets incredibly monotonous, and don't even mention the snipe fest that occurs in the last hour of payout. Exciting maybe, but after awhile just frustrating. I am really hoping eventually that the ship world and hand to hand combat world can eventually be operational together, but a little more separated. Have light side dark side battles as I'm sure has been suggested a billion times, make it interesting, not just a because i have to kind of thing. And then I think you would see those people who enjoy ships happy, and those who do not even more happy.
  • I've felt this way also for a while now. I have every single character unlocked. Stayed within the top 20 of arena for over a year now. Completed every single Gw, everyday for over a year now without missing or losing a single day. Never missed a single raid since the day raids were released. I am even sitting on over 100 million credits. Basically I've been a loyal, faithful, being a playing everyday type of player since Decenber 18 of 2015. But now...I'm just seriously burnt out.

Usually I only play one game and one game only..these days I find myself going back to my mmorpg games like swgoh and ESO. Playing those again are just so fun and I'm considering to either shelf this game or go on a bit of a hiatus.

By far the most discouraging part of this game is the gear grind. Raids don't drop good stuff, so I'm left purchasing gear from the shop which makes me wonder why were raids even released? $$$ I guess.

If we had easier access to maxing a characters gear..I know I would enjoy this game so much more because I could actually play with different setups in arena, raids and GWs. People have been asking for gear events for a while now...instead we just keep getting new characters. Don't get me wrong I like new characters but I have everything that's available already available. How is a new character gonna really make this game any more different than the way it is right now?

These days I play swgoh more out of habit than I do to have fun. Which is really sad cause I do like this game.
  • I've felt this way also for a while now. I have every single character unlocked. Stayed within the top 20 of arena for over a year now. Completed every single Gw, everyday for over a year now without missing or losing a single day. Never missed a single raid since the day raids were released. I am even sitting on over 100 million credits. Basically I've been a loyal, faithful, being a playing everyday type of player since Decenber 18 of 2015. But now...I'm just seriously burnt out.

Usually I only play one game and one game only..these days I find myself going back to my mmorpg games like swgoh and ESO. Playing those again are just so fun and I'm considering to either shelf this game or go on a bit of a hiatus.

By far the most discouraging part of this game is the gear grind. Raids don't drop good stuff, so I'm left purchasing gear from the shop which makes me wonder why were raids even released? $$$ I guess.

If we had easier access to maxing a characters gear..I know I would enjoy this game so much more because I could actually play with different setups in arena, raids and GWs. People have been asking for gear events for a while now...instead we just keep getting new characters. Don't get me wrong I like new characters but I have everything that's available already available. How is a new character gonna really make this game any more different than the way it is right now?

These days I play swgoh more out of habit than I do to have fun. Which is really sad cause I do like this game.

Couldn't agree more
  • Supercat
    3250 posts Member
    The biggest thing for me is:
    1. A player starting a year behind you is so much stronger because they can get easy 500 crystals. Solution: reward playing.
    2. Stars are becoming useless. Solution: make them effect speed/protection
    3. Gear grind. Solution: make gear easier BIT ONLY for those who have played a long time. (Time+Money=easier farm factor. Would be a way to still earn money)
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • I think some little changes can go a long way.
    Raise the cap and gear level.
    Add new tiers to challenges and heists.
    Add a gear heist- take challenge gear out of rewards.
    Better drop rates if you don't sim ticket a battle.
    Also - similar to that Phoenix event where we encountered different teams. Do that for heists as well.

It is challenging to keep anything new and fresh for over a year while still trying to bring newer players in. If devs read our complaints and feedback they read our possible solutions as well.
    Complain. Suggest. This is our community whether we pay it, play it, get paid for it- this is our bubble.
  • I think some little changes can go a long way.
    Raise the cap and gear level.
    Add new tiers to challenges and heists.
    Add a gear heist- take challenge gear out of rewards.
    Better drop rates if you don't sim ticket a battle.
    Also - similar to that Phoenix event where we encountered different teams. Do that for heists as well.

It is challenging to keep anything new and fresh for over a year while still trying to bring newer players in. If devs read our complaints and feedback they read our possible solutions as well.
    Complain. Suggest. This is our community whether we pay it, play it, get paid for it- this is our bubble.

Yes
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    I'm a day 1 player and I certainly feel the same. I love the ideas that I see on this forum. Hope to see some new content soon! I agreed most with OP on this: I can't login and just PLAY. I'm limited to certain activities. I want to be able and get on and grind for rewards until I'm tired, not until I'm limited by timers.
  • Nice post, AKJ.
  • IdraRage
    259 posts Member
    I think the problem is the game tries to get you to do too many different things at too many different times which can make it exhausting.

Maybe one place to start could be to make ship battle payouts weekly or a couple times per week (and don't have everyone on the same day, or make it so that it's based on your highest ran all week, and increase the rewards x7). I think wanting people to fight for positions on 2 leaderboards per day is pushing it and only a tiny minority of compulsive addicts really bother fighting for top placing in fleet arena.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member

This is exactly how I feel - its an addiction now more than anything, yes at times it is fun, but it is more of an addiction and certainly not a healthy one.

You are right a "practice mode" would be very interesting - especially if you could set difficulty levels yourself - really test the boundries of your teams and toons.
  • evoluza wrote: »
    Some of you should take a break. Playing every day, do all what you can do and you feel burned out, isn't the devs fault. Try something different!

I've taken small breaks twice but I never felt any happier when playing. Plus, I love my guild too much to just leave.
  • IdraRage
    259 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    evoluza wrote: »
    Some of you should take a break. Playing every day, do all what you can do and you feel burned out, isn't the devs fault. Try something different!

Actually, it is. The game is designed that way. They are putting the average play time per day in their press releases. You can't miss out on much if you want to stay competitive as a F2P/ low cost player. You must have a less competitive mindset and be satisfied with top 100 in arena and not having a top team in anything.
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    edited May 2017
    @IdraRage

There is alot to do in the game! Also so many things to explore, infact i would say people want a ton of content to keep up with the amount they play

Did you know? 162min a day avg!! Check it out

xtp2jt0j514b.png
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • IdraRage
    259 posts Member
    Vampire_X wrote: »
    @IdraRage

There is alot to do in the game! Also so many things to explore, infact i would say people want a ton of content to keep up with the amount they play

xtp2jt0j514b.png

People want a ton of content, I know. But they don't want to feel forced to play the game 162 minutes per day, much of it at specific times, to keep up.
  • Vampire_X wrote: »
    @IdraRage

xtp2jt0j514b.png

I feel like I play a little less than that, but I hope I'm wrong.