Credit Heist

In the Credit Heist, is the drop totally random or does it matter how many Stars you get?

Replies

• Dark_Light
    499 posts Member
    Options
    Random
  • Options
    If it is random, why does it seem that 80-90% of the time it is the second lowest value possible, and the rest are the lowest? What are the drop percentages? I have yet to see the top prize value as a drop, but several times have received the minimum. (Measuring play time in months now, not days or weeks). This seems to be consistent across tiers for Credit Heist. Ship Building Materials challenge, etc
  • crzydroid
    7297 posts Moderator
    Options
    If it is random, why does it seem that 80-90% of the time it is the second lowest value possible, and the rest are the lowest? What are the drop percentages? I have yet to see the top prize value as a drop, but several times have received the minimum. (Measuring play time in months now, not days or weeks). This seems to be consistent across tiers for Credit Heist. Ship Building Materials challenge, etc

Once again, random does not mean uniform. It's a weighted random variable.

In any case, it's not related to stars.
  • Options
    80% chance to get 2.5
    15% chance to get 1.5
    4% chance to get 5
    1% chance to get 10

Still random.
    I don't know the real percentages, but probably will be something like that.
    Chances on max payout are slim, but it's possible.
  • js4
    129 posts Member
    Options
    If it is random, why does it seem that 80-90% of the time it is the second lowest value possible

Suggest reading about "Weighted Random Distribution" and related topics.

• Belfazar
    586 posts Member
    Options
    80% chance to get 2.5
    15% chance to get 1.5
    4% chance to get 5
    1% chance to get 10

Still random.
    I don't know the real percentages, but probably will be something like that.
    Chances on max payout are slim, but it's possible.

You are pretty close im sitting at 6% 75% 19% and 0% right now since started tracking it. I have gotten 10 once though.
  • mortuus
    24 posts Member
    Options
    its based on damage dealt, i always get **** credits because i dont do much damage..
  • Options
    mortuus wrote: »
    its based on damage dealt, i always get **** credits because i dont do much damage..

Lol! Yes!