Kozispoon
3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
General Veers
Aggressive Empire Support that becomes stronger as enemies are defeated
rbkefk08hj10.png
Unlocks at: Three stars
Abilities
Basic Attack – Daring Attack:
  • Deal Physical damage to target enemy with a 25-70% chance (Based on Ability Level) to grant Speed Up for 2 turns to General Veers and a random Imperial Trooper ally who doesn’t have it.
Special Attack – Ruthless Assault:
  • Deal Special damage to all enemies with a 25-55% chance (Based on Ability Level) to inflict Ability block for 1 turn, dealing 10% more damage for each living Rebel enemy. Call all other Imperial Trooper allies to assist, dealing 40% less damage. (Cooldown 4)
Leader Ability – Imperial Assault Commander:
  • Empire allies gain 10-30% Offense (Based on Ability Level). Imperial allies gain 20 Speed and gain 10% Turn Meter whenever they gain a buff.
Unique Ability – Aggressive Tactician:
  • Whenever an enemy is defeated while Veers is active, Imperial Trooper allies have a 50-100% chance (Based on Ability Level) to gain Offense up for 2 turns, gain 25-50% Turn Meter (Based on Ability Level), and recover 10% Protection. While Veers is active, Imperial Trooper allies have +15% Critical Chance
General Strategy
  • Each Trooper brings its own shared bonus to the group, and by mixing and matching various combinations of Troopers, a player can create a squad to tackle any challenge.
  • Aggressively go after weak enemies, as their defeat will fuel your Troopers with buffs, Turn Meter, and Protection.
  • Death Trooper and Deathmark will be a major source of damage in both PVP and PVE. Make sure you maximize its effectiveness by using multi-hitting attacks like General Veers “Aggressive Tactician”.
Hero Synergies
  • Running a Veers lead that splashes Yoda or Chirrut makes for a very powerful group in PVP. Yoda provides two very power buffs in Tenacity Up & Foresight, while Chirrut can Cleanse, Tenacity Up, and change debuffs to HoT’s. All these buffs ramp up Trooper Turn Meter faster than is available currently in the Empire faction.
  • Death Trooper under a Veers lead, with Director Krennic and Snowtrooper in the group can crit for over 45k with Terminate, easily killing targets early and opening up Deathmark later in the battle.
Where to Use
  • Using Veers and all Troopers but Shoretrooper makes for a fantastic PVE group, putting up significant numbers against the 2nd and 4th phases of the AAT Raid.
  • Using Veers and all Troopers but Snowtrooper makes for an incredibly tanking and resilient PVP group, which can grind out enemies in PVP, while using Deathmark as its major killing tool.
Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines

Replies

• Zombie961
    1819 posts Member
    How do Tie pilot and Royal guard not count as troopers? Also as good as the team is (and likely to shine even further once maul is gone like many others) they still face the problem that bothers any pure empire team. No cleansers, which would require bringing a non empire, adding a cleanser character (Thrawn?), or adding it to an abilty such as shoretrooper's "regroup" or Royal guard's "imperial phalanx". But otherwise I imagine it could work well
  • Zombie961 wrote: »
    How do Tie pilot and Royal guard not count as troopers? Also as good as the team is (and likely to shine even further once maul is gone like many others) they still face the problem that bothers any pure empire team. No cleansers, which would require bringing a non empire, adding a cleanser character (Thrawn?), or adding it to an abilty such as shoretrooper's "regroup" or Royal guard's "imperial phalanx". But otherwise I imagine it could work well

Wow, you area really stupid. Those are troopers! Do you even know what a trooper is? How is a TIE Pilot, who is a PILOT, the same as a ShoreTROOPER.
    "There are no Jedi here anymore. Only dreamers like this fool." - Baze Malbus.

https://swgoh.gg/u/limitedu34/
    518 posts Member
    Troopers are basically soldiers, no matter what. Furthermore, in the background, TIE Pilots and Royal Guards are trained at the same academy as other troopers. And if you base yourself on names, why does Veers count as one ?
  • So basically use Veers and all Troopers but Snowtrooper in PvP if you are really big fan of Empire and do not care that your team sucks, and is weaker than what you are already using.
  • Arimanius
    165 posts Member
    Death Trooper and Deathmark will be a major source of damage in both PVP and PVE. Make sure you maximize its effectiveness by using multi-hitting attacks like General Veers “Aggressive Tactician”.

I think this is a typo and you meant Ruthless Assault

• Ryzak620
    215 posts Member
    So basically use Veers and all Troopers but Snowtrooper in PvP if you are really big fan of Empire and do not care that your team sucks, and is weaker than what you are already using.

All the troopers need are: an auto-taunter (ala GK, RG), and/or a debuff remover (Rex, Chirrut, etc.).
    Stormtrooper needs more health steal (only 15% with DT's bonus) or a higher health pool.

Troopers are wicked fun now though. I love watching Snowtrooper mow everyone down (he's now essentially a dark side Lando).
  • The problem with adding a Chirrut and/or a taunter is that they make Veer's Ruthless Assault less effective (they can't assist). So now the nuke is less likely to finish an opponent and therefore not triggering Aggressive Tactician.

They also don't benefit from Veer's leadership (though RG gets the offense, which for him, means little). While it's absolutely crucial in most battles to have a cleanser, the synergy of this team really hurts bringing in a Chirrut/Rex, etc. Remember, this is a burst damage team so any loss in DPS really hurts their effectiveness.
  • Ryzak620
    215 posts Member
    That's why I suggest an auto-taunter for the troopers and/or debuff cleanser. Either one would help a lot.
  • Ryzak620 wrote: »
    That's why I suggest an auto-taunter for the troopers and/or debuff cleanser. Either one would help a lot.

If they would have received either of them maybe they would have been good. But since that didn't happened they don't stand a chance against Zaul, Triple cleanse, Wiggs 3.0, Zader or other top arena teams. So you must really love them to be willing to downgrade and use them.
  • Zombie961
    1819 posts Member
    Zombie961 wrote: »

Wow, you area really ****. Those are troopers! Do you even know what a trooper is? How is a TIE Pilot, who is a PILOT, the same as a ShoreTROOPER.
    bRS70jV.jpg
    Notice the "airborne unit". I'm fine with them not having officers on there, as they're not front lines like Veers is (with the exception of Vader but for the most part he was separate from the core millitary)
  • Zombie961 wrote: »
    Notice the "airborne unit". I'm fine with them not having officers on there, as they're not front lines like Veers is (with the exception of Vader but for the most part he was separate from the core millitary)

Airborne refers to the method of insertion, as in parachutist troopers. That beingsaid, I still agree with your point that RG and TFP should be troopers.
  • I was reading the hero synergies. Use Yoda or chirrut for their buffs...

Because using a full team of troopers isn't good enough, even though that's how Veers is reworked to operate.
  • Did they make a wrong description on this? Those Troopers could only get TM whenever they get a buff on themselves.