Ima-Gun Di [Leader] Talk Thread

Prev1
I was pretty lucky to get Ima-Gun Di pretty early in the game; I'm using as Leader in a few of my lineups and I've noticed I'm not the only one.
I thought it'd be cool for us to have a space to share insight.
314-187-745 || Event Suggestions | Bounty Hunting || #JuhaniNextJune #PadméPlease

Replies

• Best thing about this game..5 Jedi all attacking and killing darth Sid after his AOE, ;)
  • Best thing about this game..5 Jedi all attacking and killing darth Sid after his AOE, ;)

And then he dodges every one of them instead! ;)

• @Push2Stops I really like Ima Gun. I got him from my very first chromium (super lucky) back at lvl 10 or so, and he's been on my team as leader ever since. I recently got him to 5* as well from farming his hard nodes. Took awhile, but worth it. I run an all Jedi team. 7* Mace, 7* Lumi, 6* Ahsoka, 6* Jedi Con. Ima is the glue that holds them all together. Holds top 50 in arena, clears GW.

As a character, his kit and abilities are great. Good basic against droids (I mean, it demolishes them), a special that gives def up (not great currently, but they said def will get better), and a unique that heals him on crit (which everyone does). Now, his leader is where he shines. The bonus defense is all right, but the counter chance is great. 35% is pretty good, and once we can level past 70, his leader ability also adds +25% counter damage.

Ima Gun is a great Jedi leader in my opinion. I will always run an all Jedi team around him. Looking forward to the new event. There is a rework for Mace, I just unlocked Old Ben, and working on QGJ, and if the new hero is Yoda, my team is going to be pretty solid with Ima Gun as the lead.

And then he dodges every one of them instead! ;)

This seems like a good place to start.

Counter Attack - Activation vs. Effectiveness

Which Jedi counter the most or the least?

Who are the biggest threats?

314-187-745 || Event Suggestions | Bounty Hunting || #JuhaniNextJune #PadméPlease
  • Woot, I saved up 5.7k ally points and spent them all last night. Found out after that sometime in the flurry I got Ima-Gun Di.... Just the Jedi I needed for the event...
    Ingame name Daremo
    Player Ally Code: 631-533-975
  • Harmson wrote: »
    Woot, I saved up 5.7k ally points and spent them all last night. Found out after that sometime in the flurry I got Ima-Gun Di.... Just the Jedi I needed for the event...

Congratulations, I got him in a Bronzium card too, he's useful but a bit hard to farm since he's only on 2 hard nodes and one is level 7. I'm only halfway to 5* with mine.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • M9silent wrote: »
    @Push2Stops I really like Ima Gun. I got him from my very first chromium (super lucky) back at lvl 10 or so, and he's been on my team as leader ever since. I recently got him to 5* as well from farming his hard nodes. Took awhile, but worth it. I run an all Jedi team. 7* Mace, 7* Lumi, 6* Ahsoka, 6* Jedi Con. Ima is the glue that holds them all together. Holds top 50 in arena, clears GW.

As a character, his kit and abilities are great. Good basic against droids (I mean, it demolishes them), a special that gives def up (not great currently, but they said def will get better), and a unique that heals him on crit (which everyone does). Now, his leader is where he shines. The bonus defense is all right, but the counter chance is great. 35% is pretty good, and once we can level past 70, his leader ability also adds +25% counter damage.

Ima Gun is a great Jedi leader in my opinion. I will always run an all Jedi team around him. Looking forward to the new event. There is a rework for Mace, I just unlocked Old Ben, and working on QGJ, and if the new hero is Yoda, my team is going to be pretty solid with Ima Gun as the lead.

Okay, lots to talk about here. In what ways is Def. Up getting better? What do we know about the future beyond Lvl. 70, what's the source?
    On Ima-Gun Di's all Jedi team how is Ahsoka holding up? She seems severely flawed--dependent on her heal to stay alive but without the speed to make those hits. Does she heal on counter attacks? Qui-Gon Jin seems like a better investment though many of us already have Ahsoka Tano so insight on abandonment or perseverance would be appreciated.
    As for Mace Windu, how is he after this new update, worth the farm now?
  • Harmson wrote: »
    Woot, I saved up 5.7k ally points and spent them all last night. Found out after that sometime in the flurry I got Ima-Gun Di.... Just the Jedi I needed for the event...

I had 7900 ally points saved up and spent then last nite also. I got....NOTHING!!! Congrats on ur pull, I'm super jelly :'(
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Every Jedi not named Qi Gon Jin isn't worth the cost to lead a Jedi team. I was thinking about Mace before they fixed the speed leadership in turn 1, but now QGJ is best available
  • Triqui wrote: »
    Every Jedi not named Qi Gon Jin isn't worth the cost to lead a Jedi team. I was thinking about Mace before they fixed the speed leadership in turn 1, but now QGJ is best available

That isn't necessarily true. I haven't done the math (nor do I really intend to) but it could be possible for Ima Gun Di to actually proc MORE attacks over the course of the battle. This may be more effective in PVE though, rather than arena. In arena without QJC at leader you would prolly have 2 dead toons before you had a chance to attack. And dead toons can't counter... Something to consider I guess.
  • JoshG wrote: »
    Triqui wrote: »

That isn't necessarily true. I haven't done the math (nor do I really intend to) but it could be possible for Ima Gun Di to actually proc MORE attacks over the course of the battle. This may be more effective in PVE though, rather than arena. In arena without QJC at leader you would prolly have 2 dead toons before you had a chance to attack. And dead toons can't counter... Something to consider I guess.

Also, it's not the point of this thread. The point is to discuss the good and the bad of this character as a leader--there are so many characters that to discuss who would be better could lead to endless tangents.

Some things to still discuss:
    Does anyone know what is taken into consideration for counters, is it just the chance to counter or do the opponents' stats still affect the outcome? Does anyone notice some Jedi countering more than others?
    Has anyone done the math to see how many more attacks an Ima-Gun Di teams takes, on average with counters?
  • Wish I had him
  • Hard to farm but he is very good with a jedi composition

Only downside for Jedi compositon is Dooku and sid are very popular
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    I have Di at 6* halfway to 7* after many long weeks of farming. I get the most out of his ability when I stick him in with Kit Fisto who can already counter attack, but at a rather low rate. The way I've seen it, the counter attack chances add up (like 35+35=70% chance to counter). They don't stack, as in 2x separate 35% chances to counter.

I mostly use Ima-Gun Di against Phasma. It's a very decent response to Phasma's assist attack leadership. Also, ofc, any heavy AOE team. Not that I see too many of them around...
  • Ima Gun Di

Would be fun with mace and anakin inside.

The downside is Jedis are not very tanky

Mace anakin old Ben lumi?
  • M9silent
    821 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    @Push2Stops So, not sure how defense will get better, but awhile back a dev made a comment that they were looking into it, since everyone had been talking about it being worthless (flat dmg reduction) vs the high amount of damage being done by some. 300 defense is 300 dmg reduced, from the 8k+ you just received. Ooohhh.

Now, any and all abilities or stats that are above cap are gotten from data mining. I personally get it from SWGoHCantina.com. It may not be 100% accurate since the devs can change or tweak when they want, but it's really close. Data mining was spot-on about Yoda. And the info says Ima Gun's leader adds +25% counter damage as well, which is great.

As for Ahsoka being under Ima Gun lead, I liked it. She's slow, and we all know it. The extra counters she receives help bring up her damage and keep her healed. He basic ability heal does activate on counters, just like all basic abilities can (Dooku stuns on counter as ex). With the changes to life steal, it's even better. Healing for 2500 (1500 from ability + 1000 from life steal) after attacking is great. Doing it after she's attacked because she got a counter is better. Helps keep her healed up.

As for Mace, his rework makes him better, but still not amazing. As always, with Ima Gun lead, he gets more damage. If he's below 50% health now, he will heal on counter. Not terrible.

All in all, Ima Gun makes Jedi teams better. Jedi already have really good leaders. Lumi, Bariss, Yoda, Ima Gun, Mace. Yes Mace Windu. I slotted Mace back in as my lead for my arena (top20-50, lvl 70s, max gear, blah blah) and its really nice. I've seen Lumi crit for 11k. Anakin aoe killed a guy, granting offense up. Mace lead offers 20% offence, 9% crit. QGJ called in Lumi as an assist for +75% more and she crit. Absolutely devastating.

Anyways, I like Ima Gun. His lead is great and kit is great. Sorry for the delayed response, hope it helps.

Edit: spelling
  • I don't have him.. But what's his ability?? An his he who I should be hoping for??
  • I cannot wait for the emergence of driod teams, Ima Gun Di will all of a sudden have a lot of attention :)
  • He is horrible and we should not speak of him... (Unless you want him to be Nerfed. :/ )
    seriously.. Shhhhh, just enjoy him while you can! :)
  • He's solid but good luck getting into the top 20 in this meta with him at lead.
  • I didn't want to start a new thread on IGD, thought we could pick-up here. I'm thinking now that Yoda is out and QGJ is really a strong part of the meta now, that IGD could have a bigger role in an all Jedi team. Especially if the other team has one or more droids.

He has a nice defensive buff, top Jedi in-terms of base damage and special damage, and his speed is 119 but with a QGJ leader is obviously much better. If QGJ calls him for the assist that should be some pretty solid damage. I don't see much of him in the top-200 and there's not much talk about him 100 or below so nobody must be putting much time into him or he's just really useless. Thoughts?
  • Push2Stops wrote: »
    I was pretty lucky to get Ima-Gun Di pretty early in the game; I'm using as Leader in a few of my lineups and I've noticed I'm not the only one.
    I thought it'd be cool for us to have a space to share insight.

Guy on my server has a team with Ima lead.

Sometimes it's :
    Ima L
    QGJ
    Anakin
    Dooku
    Aayla

stays in the top ten but all are completely maxed 7* max gear
  • TMK
    700 posts Member
    Like many others I picked up him from a free pack as well and I have been more than pleased with him for now. I am currently level 51 and he seems like the best character I have right now. He dies last, hits hardest, very decent speed, great damage against Droids and his Jedi Strategist ability as a leader is unique. Once you boost it to 35%, it can get ugly for opponent.

It is really worth considering what's more useful in some particular areas of the game - % of counter attacks, higher speed or better (additional) healing? Personal preference I guess.
  • TheVem001 wrote: »
    I cannot wait for the emergence of driod teams, Ima Gun Di will all of a sudden have a lot of attention :)

The emergence of droids? You may be late.
  • M9silent
    821 posts Member
    @SamIAmx77 So, I run an Ima Gun lead all Jedi team. 6* Ima Gun (L) and Yoda, 7* QGJ and Lumi, 5* Anakin, all lvl 70 and maxed gear (I'd trade out my Lumi for Aayla if I could star her). On my server (I've been playing since Dec 1) I rank in the top 50 to 15. It is an awesome team and does great. His leader ability just makes a Jedi team, and at level 80, it can be upgraded to add +25% counter damage as well (in game, next level of leader is shown). More damage for those counters.

As for Ima Gun himself, I like him and his kit (defense up could use some work itself). And you're right, he destroys droids. QGJ or Anakin provide the offense up buff and he just smashes them, whether in counter or his turn. I saw him crit for 10k basic on an IG-86 before. Awesome.

Anyways, I like him. I've tested out a few other Jedi leads for arena (Lumi, Mace, Yoda, QGJ), and I just always go back to Ima Gun lead. Jedi counters for days...
  • SamIAmx77 wrote: »
    I didn't want to start a new thread on IGD, thought we could pick-up here. I'm thinking now that Yoda is out and QGJ is really a strong part of the meta now, that IGD could have a bigger role in an all Jedi team. Especially if the other team has one or more droids.

He has a nice defensive buff, top Jedi in-terms of base damage and special damage, and his speed is 119 but with a QGJ leader is obviously much better. If QGJ calls him for the assist that should be some pretty solid damage. I don't see much of him in the top-200 and there's not much talk about him 100 or below so nobody must be putting much time into him or he's just really useless. Thoughts?

It's not that he's no good, it's just that he's not a smart farm. I pulled him early on so he's been useful to me. Also, I'm about to need to rank him up (stars) and I just got to the level where he becomes farmable. If the timing didn't work out like this, I might have let him fall behind. But like I said, I got lucky, I saw a few others had to, so I started this Leader Talk Thread. :)
  • I had IGD 7 starred since Beta. I love his leader ability but in reality, it really doesn't work that great.

Fun fact: Counter chance provided by Ima-Gun Di will be added to a character's built-in counter %.

An effective counter team would include:

Ima-Gun Di as lead
    Aayla is a must (100% counter chance)
    Kit Fisto (60% ish counter chance)
    Anakin (extra turn when teammate is defeated, which likely to happen very fast)

The last member is the tricky part. While you want to maximize the effectiveness of Ima-Gun Di's leadership skill, I'd advice using a non-Jedi as backup plan for any Anti-Jedi such as Dooku/Sidious. I prefer Dooku because he sits well with the team's synergy and brings more utility to the team.

This team is fun but doesn't perform well in current meta for the following 2 reasons:

1. Defense is currently an insignificant attribute. (One of the devs mentioned on Reddit that they are taking a closer look at the stats)
    2. Current meta are filled with single-target, high damage character instead of AOE teams back in Beta.

You can probably still get to top 10 on offense, but staying there is gonna be the real issue.
  • I got him weeks ago from a lucky bronzium draw and like his additional turns he hive to the Jedi. However just similar strong the squad is I perceive which switching him to Teebo. Decent character overall when we are delighted not to join the meta.
  • That's actually more positive than I expected. Him and Anakyn are both a difficult farm, really wish they'd release another Jedi pack. This would be a team that Iday use when I want to have fun more than push rank; I have a different team for pushing rank.
  • M9silent
    821 posts Member
    @SamIAmx77 I don't know, I push rank just fine. There's what, 25k+ people in each server (I'm guessing)? I rank between 20 and 15 each day, never being pushed out of top 50 (I started playing Dec 1st). I'm satisfied with that. I've been slowly pushing higher and higher. I'd say that's good. Not everyone can be rank 1, and I don't care to run s.t.u.pid little bugs and no named tie pilots. I love my all Jedi counter team, there's nothing better (an all Rebel team comes close though. Leia is only 5* though). Working on gearing and starring my Aayla to replace Lumi on my arena team (I've spent a lot and she's only just over 5* :neutral: ).

Obviously to each their own. Some people like running the meta, others don't. Ima Gun can provide great success and a lot of fun as well. At level 80, his leader can be upgraded to add +25% counter damage, which is even more deadly. Most people will shy away if they have aoe heavy teams. I rarely get attacked. Maybe 2 times a day on average, sometimes 3 (or maybe I win a lot, who knows. Would be nice to have stats).

He is a hard farm, but well worth it.