Is anyone using any of the reworked/new empire toons in a top 100 Arena team ?

Replies

• Tarkin should be great to even have a chance to salvage this dumbster fire of a pass imo.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Tarkin should be great to even have a chance to salvage this dumbster fire of a pass imo.

can't say i agree about the dumbster fire, but i do about tarkin. On the other hand I do hope he won't become as overly used as zMaul was at a certain point in time.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • leef wrote: »
    Tarkin should be great to even have a chance to salvage this dumbster fire of a pass imo.

can't say i agree about the dumbster fire, but i do about tarkin. On the other hand I do hope he won't become as overly used as zMaul was at a certain point in time.

If you compare this pass with the past reworks I think that dumbster fire while it may be harsh is also true
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    How is empire the "second largest faction"? Also, we are in a triple cleanse VS debuff meta, so troopers, with zero cleanses or debuffs, won't work.

Veer's special and Snow's basic have AB, DT has Daze, Stun, Deathmark, Heal Immunity and cd increase. Shore has Crit Chance Down on his basic.

DT is capable of more debuffs than any toon released thus far.

They do need a cleanser badly tho...have to use GK or zBariss until then.
  • I've been using Veers ever since I had him on 7☆. I'm under 100 now, and he is still sitting in my team at g11. I'm farming DT, already g10, when I have him maxed I'm adding him too.
    SWGOH.gg profile: NicoleJudge
  • I took second today with Shoretrooper and Deathrooper in my lineup.

Granted I used Rex Lead with zMaul and zNihilus but Deathrooper was still pretty good.

I need to gear Snow and Veers to get him to his max potential but that deathmark is killer. Nihilus took out one toon, then DT laid on deathmark. Rinse and repeat.

https://swgoh.gg/u/gaidal cain/
  • Gamblor
    32 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Poxx wrote: »
    How is empire the "second largest faction"? Also, we are in a triple cleanse VS debuff meta, so troopers, with zero cleanses or debuffs, won't work.

Veer's special and Snow's basic have AB, DT has Daze, Stun, Deathmark, Heal Immunity and cd increase. Shore has Crit Chance Down on his basic.

How is your team doing on offense again Zaul? I target you usually when I see you since we have different payouts and I can kill your team without losing anyone (although your team did do better on defense today, so not sure if you enhanced your mods or something).

I've been building up my troopers in case Tarkin becomes helpful in his rework.
  • Noktarn
    401 posts Member
    I have all g10/11 Veers trooper team.

Tried it once and it couldn't dent foresight rebels, Zaul, or Nilly led squads. I can complete all of GW on auto with them due to health/protection regen but they can never beat the last team (which is always a meta team).

Back Zaul while we wait for Tarkin rework.

Most meta teams that are not Zaul/Nilly are triple cleansers. When you can't land a single debuff you are screwed. When you can't cleanse all their buffs, you are screwed. When enemy Nilly makes your whole team health down, you drop like flies.

Triple cleanse/Nilly is just frigging oppressive. You cannot move. You cannot build synergy. You cannot touch them, except through raw damage/hiding (zaul). Zaul only works atm due to their own Nilly and Savage- both OHKO and don't care what you are hiding behind. The whole game has degenerated into one shots.

The new trooper squad is SO FUN but so USELESS.

Tarkin HAS to be mad cleansing skills to even give these guys a chance.

• Aero
    2972 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Noktarn wrote: »
    I have all g10/11 Veers trooper team.

Tried it once and it couldn't dent foresight rebels, Zaul, or Nilly led squads. I can complete all of GW on auto with them due to health/protection regen but they can never beat the last team (which is always a meta team).

Back Zaul while we wait for Tarkin rework.

Most meta teams that are not Zaul/Nilly are triple cleansers. When you can't land a single debuff you are screwed. When you can't cleanse all their buffs, you are screwed. When enemy Nilly makes your whole team health down, you drop like flies.

Triple cleanse/Nilly is just frigging oppressive. You cannot move. You cannot build synergy. You cannot touch them, except through raw damage/hiding (zaul). Zaul only works atm due to their own Nilly and Savage- both OHKO and don't care what you are hiding behind. The whole game has degenerated into one shots.

The new trooper squad is SO FUN but so USELESS.

Tarkin HAS to be mad cleansing skills to even give these guys a chance.

Might just have to figure out the strategy or get those last gear levels. Also which one are you leaving out? I use all except Magma, and I struggled at first but now I've got it down to where i can pretty much beat any team.

Not to say they are really good, just that they are serviceable.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Gamblor wrote: »

How is your team doing on offense again Zaul? I target you usually when I see you since we have different payouts and I can kill your team without losing anyone (although your team did do better on defense today, so not sure if you enhanced your mods or something).

I've been building up my troopers in case Tarkin becomes helpful in his rework.

They tear apart jedi and triple cleanse. They do not do well vs. Maul if they run SA. But, I believe the Maul era is ending. I do have some recordings...contact me in Line at poxx70. Have them killing Maul w/ no SA, destroying FO, Jedi and triple cleanse teams. B happy 2 share.

@Gamblor
  • So I decided to do some SWGOH.GG traking, to paint a more accurate picture of the new toons usage in top 100. So this is the situation right now. From about 32k users that ranked in the first 100 places the following number of them is using this toons:

-Veers is used by 26 players for app. 0% percentage. This number will probably go down if Tarkin rework is actually good for a change, or at least his usage as a leader.

-Shoretrooper and Deathtrooper, aka the only toons that were good before the rework, are siting as 3631 uses for 11%, respectively 432 uses for 1%, in line with their usage before the rework. BTW DT number of 1% is better than any non Shoretrooper imperial numbers.

-Snow, aka the new Lando, half a month after people stopped using Lando in arena, also without his multiple uses and availability, is used by 20 players for a 0% procentage. Fitting.

-Stormtrooper, the most improved imperial toon, still only the 3rd best empire tank, as proven by him being used by only 23 players, good for 0%, compared with RG (8%) or ShT (11%).

-Magma, probably the weakest standalone toon with aspirations of high arena. Really, try and compare him with Sith assasin, Chirrut, Ayala, DN etc. Well we do have 35 of those visionaries. Sadly not one of them is in top 10, maybe because they tried to pit Magma against the toons mentioned above.

-Gar Saxon and ISC are used by 8 and 2 players. No other commentaries needed.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Veers rework was just done. How many ppl u assume 7-starred them all that fast and r capable of fielding them ? Not only that, none of their toons r plug and play. No Chaze, Rex, Nihilus, R2, GK that can b put into almost any squad. It takes time and devotion to vest yourself in 5 toons u won't b able to use outside of that specific comp. No matter how good they end up, u won't see many fielded early...just not possible.

No other commentaries needed.

• BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Veers rework was just done. How many ppl u assume 7-starred them all that fast and r capable of fielding them ? Not only that, none of their toons r plug and play. No Chaze, Rex, Nihilus, R2, GK that can b put into almost any squad. It takes time and devotion to vest yourself in 5 toons u won't b able to use outside of that specific comp. No matter how good they end up, u won't see many fielded early...just not possible.

This. Veers is a pain to farm with only hard nodes. Same comment for ISC and Gar who are new toons, so impossible to farm, so they cannot be taken into account.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    https://swgoh.gg/u/poxx70/

Just so u know I'm not talking outta my backside.... Nov. 2015 shard.
  • Poxx wrote: »

None of Chaze, Shore, Death, DN, Sith Assasin or Trooper were farmable when people started using them, Sass and STr also need specific teams to be useful.

Also congratulations on your high ranking, but how well would troopers do without GW, a toon that also isn't farmable by the vast majority of players?

Last question, since Veers will remain at 3* g1 level1 in most people rosters, at least until they will want to replace one of their HAAT teams, what really is the difference between him and CUP? A 3* undeveloped toon is just that, no matter how good or not is his Kit. If the reworks didn't make people to want to farm him, and to actively farm him or you know,at least met him on arenas, then the reworks were a failure, no matter what potential some people feel they have.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member

None of Chaze, Shore, Death, DN, Sith Assasin or Trooper were farmable when people started using them, Sass and STr also need specific teams to be useful.

Also congratulations on your high ranking, but how well would troopers do without GW, a toon that also isn't farmable by the vast majority of players?

Last question, since Veers will remain at 3* g1 level1 in most people rosters, at least until they will want to replace one of their HAAT teams, what really is the difference between him and CUP? A 3* undeveloped toon is just that, no matter how good or not is his Kit. If the reworks didn't make people to want to farm him, and to actively farm him or you know,at least met him on arenas, then the reworks were a failure, no matter what potential some people feel they have.

It's not because you don't see people not farming him that it's a failure. Snowtrooper, DT, ShT and Veers are not so easily farmable. So, of course you won't see them in arena so often. I'm personnaly farming ShT but it's a week that I got no shard, so it's a long farm. I'm also farming DT, but with 16 energies, of course it's longer. They have a big potential, and not everybody is a whale and have enough resources to gear and level them up in 2 weeks.
  • BulYwif wrote: »

It's not because you don't see people not farming him that it's a failure. Snowtrooper, DT, ShT and Veers are not so easily farmable. So, of course you won't see them in arena so often. I'm personnaly farming ShT but it's a week that I got no shard, so it's a long farm. I'm also farming DT, but with 16 energies, of course it's longer. They have a big potential, and not everybody is a whale and have enough resources to gear and level them up in 2 weeks.

Well let's see that :)
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/111040/are-you-currently-farming-imperial-troopers
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    BulYwif wrote: »

Well let's see that :)
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/111040/are-you-currently-farming-imperial-troopers

Answered :wink:
  • Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    Rather than making Tarkin a healer/cleanser, it would be easier just to give shore a zeta on his healing which cleanses and gives something else too
  • Reyalp wrote: »
    Rather than making Tarkin a healer/cleanser, it would be easier just to give shore a zeta on his healing which cleanses and gives something else too

Funny I was thinking at the same thing this morning. It was a wasted opportunity to me this pass.

This would be greatly preferred - spreading skills out is what should be done to force tactical tradeoff decisions -but that was thrown out the window with Chaze.
  • Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    Reyalp wrote: »

This would be greatly preferred - spreading skills out is what should be done to force tactical tradeoff decisions -but that was thrown out the window with Chaze.

The other option would have been a zeta on RG's Imperial Phalanx move that healed and cleansed Empire chars.

STOP THE CHAZE HATE. Please, I've heard enough of it in the past 6 months since december.
  • Reyalp
    738 posts Member

STOP THE CHAZE HATE. Please, I've heard enough of it in the past 6 months since december.

Chaze is the worst thing to happen to this game - it's given people with no skill or ability a 'win button'.

Sorry man - Chaze has to be hated and devs know it so they don't create more toons that break that tactical part of the game. They're an abomination.

Chaze is the worst thing to happen to this game - it's given people with no skill or ability a 'win button'.

Chaze has counters and is beatable. I run Chaze but am not Rank 1 in my shard. So there.
  • + they are really hard to gear, i don't remember bit isn't 600 or 700 stun cuff that are required? Sure you won't see alot of them soon
  • Shore/ dn / krennic/palp team top 10 everyday in my shard
  • Reyalp
    738 posts Member

Chaze has counters and is beatable. I run Chaze but am not Rank 1 in my shard. So there.

Yes he does - which skillful players can exploit. My point was, anyone can plug Chaze in and think they're brilliant and a 'top player'. Strip that away and they would fall to pieces

Yes he does - which skillful players can exploit. My point was, anyone can plug Chaze in and think they're brilliant and a 'top player'. Strip that away and they would fall to pieces

This so much^