edited May 2017
So, imagine you run
Zihilus
Zaul
Zooku
Zavage
Zader
Zaul, Zader are good leaders as well.
So, you are fighting and someone kills your Zihilus. Why should the leader ability still work?
Doesn't make sense. So, what I'm saying is, that if your leader is killed, you lose the leader bonuses+10 speed. Demoralize is basically a Debuff which is gained when a teams leader is defeated and it makes you lose 10 speed. BUT. Since you have Zaul, once Zaul's turn comes, you use the ability called Takeover, making him the new leader, and dispel the Demoralize Debuff, which cannot be dispelled unless Takeover is performed.
Thoughts?
1...2...3! You're dead!

Replies

• ddlooping2
    1046 posts Member
    That'd be quite cool. :)
  • Striker
    198 posts Member
    nothing will change, cause first you will kill primary targets, not a leader. And 10 speed - is too low penalty, especialy if new leadership ability is too great. And how it will works with abilities, thats trigger at the start of the encounter (like maul invisibility)?
  • Crazylazyguy
    1786 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    No, but do you know how leadership works? The leader dies, the person second in command takes his place. So what are we getting then? You kill DN all of a sudden Zaul is lead. You kill him, Palpatine is in lead. You kill him, there goes Vader and finally Dooku. Really? Is that truly what you want?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    This would make a list of toons without leader abilities more useless.

This also takes away from the sandbox mix, because now ever team members leader ability (or at least more of them) would need to have "team synergy".

This idea would also kill everyone on defense as the AI would not pick the right person to take over.

If anything about leader abilities should be addrd, they should all get an OB type clause that gives the team a moral boost when they die. The inspirational "win one for the gipper".

Leader abilities are inspiration for the team, not something given through presence but an idea, it doesn't die with them.
  • This will totally kill triple-cleanse and will completely revive zMaul + zzNihilus + zDooku + zSavage + zVader etc. teams...
  • NO. it's fine as is. leader ability remains from the dead leader.
  • J_Raphs
    85 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    No, but do you know how leadership works? The leader dies, the person second in command takes his place. So what are we getting then? You kill DN all of a sudden Zaul is lead. You kill him, Palpatine is in lead. You kill him, there goes Vader and finally Dooku. Really? Is that truly what you want?

No... the leader dies, then the new debuff "Infighting" procs, and for two turns you can only attack members of your own team.

A good leader can instill his values in his team. Even if he dies, his leadership remains for the current battle as it should.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    What could be cool is to be able to define a sub-leader as a sixth member but who doesn't participate to the battle and is there only if the leader is killed. So, the subleader ability is taken into account for the rest of the battle.
    i.e. You have a Jedi team with zQGJ lead. zQGJ is killed first. You defined IGD (who is not in your team but just an assistant) as the subleader, so the Jedis will now counter instead of using the zQGJ lead. Since he's not directly in the battlefield (kind of holo support), he cannot be killed but give his leader experience to the team.
    It's a kind of way to change the strategy during the battle.
    But of course, it's too many development, so it will never happen :smile:
  • J_Raphs
    85 posts Member
    ^^ or her team
  • J_Raphs wrote: »

No... the leader dies, then the new debuff "Infighting" procs, and for two turns you can only attack members of your own team.

A good leader can instill his values in his team. Even if he dies, his leadership remains for the current battle as it should.

People don't seem to get that I am against OP's idea for removing the leadership ability. He wants to make more "real" and I am telling him, how things would go if it was as realistic as he wants it to be.
  • J_Raphs
    85 posts Member
    J_Raphs wrote: »

People don't seem to get that I am against OP's idea for removing the leadership ability. He wants to make more "real" and I am telling him, how things would go if it was as realistic as he wants it to be.

I'm in it for the humor sister, not your revolution. (winky face)