How many tries do you think they would need to add an arena worthy empire toon?

danflorian1984
986 posts Member
edited May 2017
So the empire pass came and the only notable arena toons are R2 and Ashoka. Since they failed time and time again (if they really tried at all) in adding/ reworking empire toons comparable with any other premium toons in the post-Chaze PVP landscape how many tries do you think that CG would need to make the seemly impossible happen?

How many tries do you think they would need to add an arena worthy empire toon? 30 votes

20-50
16%
NojowPlatzmansmninja73Outcast2099Mr_Estar_Guars_101 5 votes
50-100
16%
SkarchaGank_KillerDark_Helmet152MinowaraSivPax 5 votes
Is never gonna happen, Rebels rulez
66%
darksidelordteriZombie961cuyler41RenanFilipeDarth_Jay77Au5t1nTooLJasFonzYesterYesacAbrekVmadquillsdanflorian1984GuestSith1XetalLeo476FrostyTipsig88isbeast 20 votes

Replies

• Gank_Killer
    1817 posts Member
    50-100
    I would have selected "never gona happen" if it weren't for the rebels rule part.
  • Is never gonna happen, Rebels rulez
    Is not something that I am saying, is just what Devs are proving withe their every action
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    Lol all this hate on a toon that isn't out yet and to me looks amazing. He should be a raid Allstar and if you have DT and the mods an arena bad***
    Olddumper wrote: »
    Lol all this hate on a toon that isn't out yet and to me looks amazing. He should be a raid Allstar and if you have DT and the mods an arena bad***

This toon will not bring anything they needed against the multiple cleanse or Zaul meta to either his faction as a leader or to himself as a standalone toon. The empire needed a cleanser, some way to fight against repeated cleanses as debuffs are their bread and butter and more similar anti-rebel synergies like Wiggs and Chaze have. The reworked Tarkin, and the empire pass in general didn't bring anything of that, just even more debuffs. He is a joke, like your characterization of him being amazing.
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member

This toon will not bring anything they needed against the multiple cleanse or Zaul meta to either his faction as a leader or to himself as a standalone toon. The empire needed a cleanser, some way to fight against repeated cleanses as debuffs are their bread and butter and more similar anti-rebel synergies like Wiggs and Chaze have. The reworked Tarkin, and the empire pass in general didn't bring anything of that, just even more debuffs. He is a joke, like your characterization of him being amazing.
    This is why we need player vs player.
    Player vs Player?
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    Everybody was hoping for Thrawn to finally boost the Empire to a more competitive level and we got Ahsoka, another Rebel. The Rebels have enough tools and Tarkin's rework is not a "Rebel killer" in any way shape or form. I doubt Tarkin will even be able to make Empire that competitive. Rex and Chirrut 100% counter him, so yeah Tarkin is already not even worth talking about. Ahsoka is not even considered a Jedi if the transcript I read is correct, so players that want to use Jedi can't.
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    If anybody gets in Tarkin's way it will be zaul. A fast zaul and SA are problematic for this squad.
  • Zaul and SA are problematic for everyone except triple cleanse. Empire is problematic for nobody.
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    If anybody gets in Tarkin's way it will be zaul. A fast zaul and SA are problematic for this squad.

Rex destroys Empire too as does Chaze. Unless EA surprises us with Thrawn and he fills some gaps in the Empire, the Empire are dead in Arena. Stop making Raid-only viable characters please. There are enough characters to compete in HAAT and Rancor, don't need more that are uselss outside of the two raids.
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    Player vs Player?

Even with true PVP like in Force Arena, players can just run something with Rex which can manage just about everything except DN lead and even that can be beat. We need more characters that are viable outside of PVE options.
  • I'm super excited for Tarkin. Think about this possibly meta-breaking squad: Tarkin double zeta, veers zeta, shore maxed, death maxed but no zeta and storm maxed with zeta. They will be defensively amazing and when they hit they will hit hard hard hard. And if you kill everyone and storm is the last guy he's going to be Zylo-like. This is the direction I'm going next, I have a g11 Tarkin and am going to quickly get Storm up to speed. I think Tarkin will bring a bunch of variety to arena: there are very many ways to win on offense and no one guaranteed way on defense. And I don't think Empire is now underpowered. It is good too that no cleanse was given as that just isn't what they do.
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    I'm super excited for Tarkin. Think about this possibly meta-breaking squad: Tarkin double zeta, veers zeta, shore maxed, death maxed but no zeta and storm maxed with zeta. They will be defensively amazing and when they hit they will hit hard hard hard. And if you kill everyone and storm is the last guy he's going to be Zylo-like. This is the direction I'm going next, I have a g11 Tarkin and am going to quickly get Storm up to speed. I think Tarkin will bring a bunch of variety to arena: there are very many ways to win on offense and no one guaranteed way on defense. And I don't think Empire is now underpowered. It is good too that no cleanse was given as that just isn't what they do.

We'll see, I don't have faith. First turn AOE from Tarkin, Veers, or DT make a Rex squad take the 2nd turn, tenacity up, and it's over. Veers team attack will just smash into Baze or GK at 40% less damage, and the Rex squad will just take over. This is not the fix Empire players were looking for, guarantee it. I could be wrong, but I don't see this going over well on more mature servers where Rex lead is a huge % of the leaders and DN and Chaze are in most of them. Anywhere where Maul leads are still present, this doesn't hurt them at all.
  • Unless the Tarkin nuke is truly insane and can kill all living opponents when it drops late in the round. Also if all those Zeta's are there once anyone dies advantage goes to empire. Essentially you'd need to weather 3-4 turns but once you did you'd have tm gain, storm giving tm loss, shore healing and giving crit immunity and the big one coming from Tarkin. The devs can't possibly want the same few squads dominating arena. I can get anyone geared and starred easily (save GK) but I want to play with teams that are fun. It appears to me there are many formulations of fun empire teams. I hope that I'm correct because if I'm not that is a bit boring. Then again they could be aimed at whatever the next game mode is, but I don't think so. I really do believe Tarkin will be arena viable and good! Don't let me down devs.
    518 posts Member
    Tarkin got no cleanse. Cleanse are only from lightside, not any dark side toon can do this, even without giving Tenacity Up, just cleansing.

Okay, Tarkin will got a bad AoE such as Lando did before Shore appeared, but Zeta on his lead is ridiculous... Clearly this is not good at all.
    And who's gonna pay for it ?

Why don't we have a Cleanse on RG ? This is also a possibility, but we don't. And yet, we've got another promising chars... And this is... Ahsoka from Star Wars Rebels. This is just a big joke, all this "Empire" Pass is not. We got two useless chars (Gar and ISC), then we got a trooper rework, which is good but it's not that much for Empire, this is something more specific to them, and then we got this "big" rework which is not.

RG still laking of many things, why doesn't EP have a Zeta ? Why don't we got a Cleanser ? Why no one as Empire as a synergy such as Wiggs or Chaze ? This is exclusively high synergy and we don't have any chance to get as much love as them, so we can just play chars that have little things together.
    Just to say it, Chaze combine all roles together : Heal, Support, Damage, Debuffs, Buffs, Counter, Speed down, Assists, AoE, etc....

And yet, do we have that much or at least a part of that ?

I'm just so **** that I'm thinking of going for FO / Resistance, something funny and worthy.
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    Guest wrote: »
    Tarkin got no cleanse. Cleanse are only from lightside, not any dark side toon can do this, even without giving Tenacity Up, just cleansing.

Okay, Tarkin will got a bad AoE such as Lando did before Shore appeared, but Zeta on his lead is ridiculous... Clearly this is not good at all.
    And who's gonna pay for it ?

Why don't we have a Cleanse on RG ? This is also a possibility, but we don't. And yet, we've got another promising chars... And this is... Ahsoka from Star Wars Rebels. This is just a big joke, all this "Empire" Pass is not. We got two useless chars (Gar and ISC), then we got a trooper rework, which is good but it's not that much for Empire, this is something more specific to them, and then we got this "big" rework which is not.

RG still laking of many things, why doesn't EP have a Zeta ? Why don't we got a Cleanser ? Why no one as Empire as a synergy such as Wiggs or Chaze ? This is exclusively high synergy and we don't have any chance to get as much love as them, so we can just play chars that have little things together.
    Just to say it, Chaze combine all roles together : Heal, Support, Damage, Debuffs, Buffs, Counter, Speed down, Assists, AoE, etc....

And yet, do we have that much or at least a part of that ?

I'm just so **** that I'm thinking of going for FO / Resistance, something funny and worthy.

And now LS got R2 who provides another cleanse upon crit if you zeta'd that ability. Sith have Savage which isn't bad, but that's about it really. DS need something else. Something like Daze or Shock is killer for a squad like Empire.
  • You ask when an arena worthy empire toon will be released...there are some already. Palp, shore, RG, TFP! OK, they lack the synergy of sith and rebels vet each one is usable in a range of squads.
  • Banth
    158 posts Member
    EP is one good leader zeta away from making empire totally arena viable
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    Veers lead, shore, snow, death, and GK can rock the arena. Very difficult for any team to hold on defense. The best holders are bigger investments than this team.
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    Most of the reason people have no faith in Tarkin's kit is because they are thinking of the worst squads for him here are 5 very good possibilities of an actual good Tarkin squad.

1) DT Tarkin(lead) EP Krennic DN.
    2) SA Zader(lead) DN Zid Tarkin
    3) Gar lead Tarkin
    4) Hide the Tarkin ( Tanky taunts with Tarkin.) GK lead Zarris Baze 5's Tarkin
    5) Zarkin lead EP SA SIT Savage. (Least likely but may kill under protection effectively enough.)

The problem is people want to put him with TFP, ShT, EP and 2 meta ago empire toons. Nobody actually has tried to find squads for him outside of the older comps.