The Arena has got so depressing

2Next

Replies

• Teague
    939 posts Member
    Options
    M_L wrote: »
    i see in top 20, rex, maul, vader, wedge, GK, QGJ.... my god this is as diverse as it's ever been....

i don't miss all Maul and I don't miss all Wedge/Lando, or how about all Dooku/Old Ben

been playing since the game came out, and honestly if the current state of the arena depresses you, I'm not sure it'll ever get better....

You assume all shards are as diverse as yours. This is not so. Maul and Rex are probably over 40 of the top 50 in my arena. No exaggeration. It's just not fun.

Right before Maul was the most diversity I've ever seen in this game. There was Vader, Rex, Boba, Lando, Wedge, Palp... I even saw a few Akbar and Phasma from time to time. Now it's just two. Seeing anything but Maul or Rex is amazing. "I'm not the only one!!!"
  • USAmazing
    1157 posts Member
    Options
    Top 10 in my arena at this moment are...
    1. Kenobi
    2. Maul
    3. Rex
    4. Maul
    5. Finn (me!)
    6. Rex
    7. Maul
    8. Maul
    9. Rex
    10. Maul
    "You don't want to sell me death sticks... You want to go home and rethink your life. "
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • Options
    My shard is dominated by rex leads zaul and sometimes wiggs/chaze combi..i hate it but ive just accepted my empire team will never finish top 20 unless i drop serious money in the game.. so in cool with top 50
  • Options
    K_mett1 wrote: »
    As soon as one character is seen as amazing and OP gamers instantly go to farm them and create literally the exact same team! (A few variations of course). Then once a new meta team pops up most people rush to deploy that squad....honestly it won't stop anytime soon. That's why I'm not competitive in the arena.

i wish you were in my shard. finally someone who feels EXACTLY how i feel about arena.

i could honestly care less about arena. it's the same boring teams over and over and over. i just sit back and have a good laugh. i do my battles and take whatever outcome i get and move on. there's more to life than being number one.
  • Options
    So I see we are complaining about nothing here... much diversity we have in the arena now, one must actually look to see it
  • Options
    Ig88isboss wrote: »
    The game was most diverse in the zader meta. The arena was truly varied and actually fun. Then cg was like ' hey how can we completely mess up this good thing we got here'?

• Options
    Bora wrote: »
    RJ__Brando wrote: »
    Valace21 wrote: »
    As opposed to Wedge, Wedge, Wedge, Wedge, Wedge

Could be worse....
    Remember the Dooky meta? Yeah....no one wants to think about it shiver

Poe and the coin flip?

Now it's Nihlus and the coin flip, try again
  • vdub1705
    10 posts Member
    Options
    I really need to borrow a gear 11 General Kenobi. My ally code 469-642-244. Can someone please add me
  • Options
    How can you check how old your shard is?
  • Options
    Why do we define arena diversity by leader?
  • Options

*facepalm*
  • Options

*facepalm*

Thought it was a legitimate question. You can have 5 or 6 different leads in your leader board, but if they're all just different combinations of the same relatively few characters, is it really that diverse? On mine, I have GK, zMaul, Rex, Jyn, but the majority contain a combination of Chaze, R2, DN... Despite seeing new leaders, the top arena is still pretty homogeneous when you relate it to the number of characters actually in the game.
  • Options

*facepalm*

Thought it was a legitimate question. You can have 5 or 6 different leads in your leader board, but if they're all just different combinations of the same relatively few characters, is it really that diverse? On mine, I have GK, zMaul, Rex, Jyn, but the majority contain a combination of Chaze, R2, DN... Despite seeing new leaders, the top arena is still pretty homogeneous when you relate it to the number of characters actually in the game.

well said
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options

*facepalm*

well said

Plus there are unique abilities that do more than some leader abilities nowadays lol.
  • Options
    I started when it launched. All Rex, Zaul, or zqgj leads except for 4 in top 50.
  • K_mett1
    299 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    holyjoe35 wrote: »
    K_mett1 wrote: »
    As soon as one character is seen as amazing and OP gamers instantly go to farm them and create literally the exact same team! (A few variations of course). Then once a new meta team pops up most people rush to deploy that squad....honestly it won't stop anytime soon. That's why I'm not competitive in the arena.

i wish you were in my shard. finally someone who feels EXACTLY how i feel about arena.

i could honestly care less about arena. it's the same boring teams over and over and over. i just sit back and have a good laugh. i do my battles and take whatever outcome i get and move on. there's more to life than being number one.

Lol exactly how I feel. I normally sit around the 300-200 range but I could care less if my rank changes (all I face in these range anyway are any wiggs combo teams) I do admire those who are able to make it into the top tier as they clearly have some awesome toons but for me a few crystals and arena tokens mean little to nothing...

Back to the issue at hand though..the top teams are often comprised of similar toons because it simply works. Once everyone realized how awesomely helpful chirruts/ Rex's cleanses are everyone wanted a team with a cleanser and who better then these two. And ofcourse if you have chirrut then baze is naturally included as well..and so on and so forth...

These characters have such great synergy and that's why they are often topping the leaderboard it's not something that should be nerfed (and it's nothing that can be fixed)..it's just how the game was designed to be played. Some players simply found these great synergy loopholes and have exploited them to the fullest....Nothing wrong with that y'all.
  • Options
    If it wasn't for the crystals, I'd say drop yourself all the way to the bottom then enjoy the variety on your way back up.
  • Options
    I am on an older shard within the first month of launch and in our top 8 we have 6 different leaders. We have 2 Rex, 2 Zaul, DN, Jyn, AA and my GK. That is much better than everyone running Zaul or Rex.
  • Options

Could be worse....

Poe and the coin flip?

xzcwj06ev1dv.gif

If you picked heads instead of tails, you would lose 100% of the time. lol.
    Where is my kitten General Grievous rework at!!??
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    Options

Could be worse....

Poe and the coin flip?

xzcwj06ev1dv.gif

Some coin flips are more fair than others
  • The0n3
    984 posts Member
    Options

Could be worse....

Poe and the coin flip?

xzcwj06ev1dv.gif

Lol nice catch, i didn't noticed untill you said it!
  • CatoNines
    423 posts Member
    Options
    Ah, once again, the Diversity Illusion rears its ugly head.
    As already stated, the moment you create anyone that has any power, everyone else jumps aboard and copies it.
    There is no "diversity" and there never will be, so please stop pining away for it.
    If you created 1,000,000 toons, everyone would be running exactly the same team, once it was shown a winner.
  • EricsonX
    703 posts Member
    Options

Could be worse....

I still take on Dooku lead teams at times, still drives me up the wall.