Is Rogue One viable in arena without Wiggs?

HighThere
8 posts Member
edited May 2017
Jyn Leader
Cass
K2SO
Baze
Chirrut

My question is at gear 10 is this team viable to make top 5?

(Check me out)
HighThere
Guild- JediMindTrickers (looking for HAAT team members)
(Check me out)
HighThere
guild: jedimindtrickers (looking for HAAT members)
Post edited by Mageduckey on

Replies

• Yes, only if Jyn has a zeta on her leader though. No Wiggs needed.

Change your titles from all caps to something less noticeable (all caps is against guidelines)
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    Not very . It lacks dps
  • thanks for the heads up and reply
    (Check me out)
    HighThere
  • That was my fear and I am far away from gearing and staring wiggs
    (Check me out)
    HighThere
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    They're better without Wiggs actually.
  • Zooey wrote: »
    They're better without Wiggs actually.

I do find the K2SO and cass duo is a ton of fun to play but in arena I cant break top 20, tips?
    (Check me out)
    HighThere
  • Brainsym
    127 posts Member
    The wigs combo adds tons of damage and they are very fast... Wedge gets +9 speed for every Ally and if Biggs is present he gets the same. So if they are present you would have tons of damage dealt, not to forget Biggs has retribution whenever he is critically hit...
    Cassian and K2SO are a good combo, but wiggs is a better one in my opinion.
  • Brainsym wrote: »
    The wigs combo adds tons of damage and they are very fast... Wedge gets +9 speed for every Ally and if Biggs is present he gets the same. So if they are present you would have tons of damage dealt, not to forget Biggs has retribution whenever he is critically hit...

Thanks for the reply :) and as much as I want to agree I'm a few months away from having wiggs and I really don't want to wait that long to break top 20
    Wedge LEADER?
    Jyn LEADER?
    which would be better above?

(Check me out)
    HighThere
  • Arcaver
    317 posts Member
    I got stuck at a GW Node going against a Rogue One squad. It was a dead lock tie. I was using a team of Nihilus, Vader, Dooku, EP, and Savage and couldn't get past them, but they couldn't beat my squad. The tendency buff kept me from being able to block their heals or buffs with shock or stun and my squad would heal with each attack they did, rendering the enemy attacks pointless. After about 5 minutes and neither one of us at any lost health or toons I just closed out and waited until the next day to restart the GW. They need like a draw feature for situations like this. If it's been 5 minutes or longer in battle on that node, you have to option to skip it, but not get the rewards and it doesn't count as a complete GW achievement.
    #ReworkCaptialGamesPeopleSkills #StopIgnoringUsCG #CGCustomerSkillsWeakerThanAnakinsPowerAgainstTheHighGround
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    Top 5 if u zeta-ed all of them, yes?

k2so have zeta, he is annoying with prot restore.. also cassian with his zeta buff. Assist, , buff, debuff, expose everywhere.. chaze, k2so-cassian. I fight them and barery made a scratch. My team wedge lead, biggs, chaze, palp (last spot should be jyn, but she's not ready yet). All G10, my enemy all G11.

Not matching fight.. but it's scary enough. :(
  • Just need a Jyn Zeta to be viable on offense. The kit's too complicated to do well on D. Better without Wiggs—the Cassian-K combo is key to beating fast debuff teams, as you're almost guaranteed to keep your tanks up for a long time. Cassian dishes out lots of damage with the exposes.
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    Brainsym wrote: »

I concur.
    There is quite nice variant zJyn(l), Chaze, Cassian, R2 (with zeta on number crunch). Unfortunately, k2so i bit underwhelming.
  • Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    HighThere wrote: »
    Jyn Leader
    Cass
    K2SO
    Baze
    Chirrut

My question is at gear 10 is this team viable to make top 5?

(Check me out)
    HighThere
    Guild- JediMindTrickers (looking for HAAT team members)

This can vary greatly depending on your arena server, and what the top 10-50 are running.
  • R2d2 was in rogue one movie so you could sneak him in
  • A guy on our shard who hits 1 has that exact team, all maxed of course. A few people can't beat him but the majority can, it just takes a very long time without a dispeller.

That team really lacks DPS but he says he can beat most but sometimes is RNG dependent.
  • Arcaver wrote: »
    I got stuck at a GW Node going against a Rogue One squad. It was a dead lock tie. I was using a team of Nihilus, Vader, Dooku, EP, and Savage and couldn't get past them, but they couldn't beat my squad. The tendency buff kept me from being able to block their heals or buffs with shock or stun and my squad would heal with each attack they did, rendering the enemy attacks pointless. After about 5 minutes and neither one of us at any lost health or toons I just closed out and waited until the next day to restart the GW. They need like a draw feature for situations like this. If it's been 5 minutes or longer in battle on that node, you have to option to skip it, but not get the rewards and it doesn't count as a complete GW achievement.

This makes no sense. If that was the case you would of killed at least 2 with annihilate in 5 minutes. I smell ......
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    R1 happens to be be most enjoyable comp to play, IMO. Do you have R2?! I prefer him over K2 or Bistan. DPS isn't really an issue if you have some good Offense mods. Plus, spamming Cass's Shock Grenade, when able, is brutal.

See my R1+R2=R3 videos below. Keep in mind, I do not have Omegas on Jyn or Cass's Basics, and these videos were before I did R2's second Zeta (Combat Analysis). I'll try to make some more since then.

https://youtu.be/zYeGgsqlWRw
    https://youtu.be/Rm5wbkw5Kng
    https://youtu.be/mboBWCUSm48
    https://youtu.be/W5YVlK6fUo8
    https://youtu.be/BCHRX7fm8_w
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Ljaat
    86 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    I suppose it depends on your shard. I run a full RO team (tho lately been swapping R2 for K2) and finish 1 all the time. All g11 (not maxed tho) and omega'd.. only zeta is jyn leadership atm. Can I be beat and drop overnight.. of course.. but that's everyone at the moment. On offense, I very rarely (if ever) lose..

I am on a pretty young server tho.. Nov '16.. with only one zeta Maul team and one GK team.
  • fascizio
    572 posts Member
    People that say this team lacks DPS apparently don't understand what this team is about. Cassian drops an absurd amount of debuffs that result in multiple exposes and high damage.

The team can beat anyone on Offense if played correctly. Yes. Anyone.

The issue they have, that is not at all unique to them, is that they do not hold on D. They have to be played well with a mind for when cleanses are going to come, and foresight on the part of the player to account for needed clearance of any problematic buffs, especially the prolific TenUp. The AI simply can't do that.

But again, no team can truly hold on D currently. With R1 however I consistently perform, and maintain, above where I should with my mods as they are. I've climbed as high as 4th (though not at payout) on a launch shard. I have Wiggs (and most other rebels), and the only thing that might get me to shelve this comp is R2 plugged in for K2...
  • Dmac
    22 posts Member
    I run Rouge One team in Arena, it can destroy any team offensively. Problem is you have to have the time and energy to fight your way back. They seem to be a target for people climbing the ladder. As everyone is running basically the same teams
  • Veritasum
    754 posts Member
    you can break top 20 with your team. you simply need to keep gearing into 11 and always try for better mods. Once you're at G11 with decent mods, you shouldn't have an issue getting into top 20. But as stated above, R2 is prob better than K2SO.
  • Thanks for everyone who commented. I think I will keep my K2SO because of the synergy with cass. I only started in Feb 2017. Been a grind to catch up
    (Check me out)
    HighThere
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    It shall dependeth upon thine shard....yea it may indeed be favored regardless.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • So I run R1 in my shard
    zJyn G11
    K2 G10
    Cassian G10
    Chaze G11

And I finish 1st pretty regularly on the days I'm not working during my payout.
  • Saritoss
    103 posts Member
    zJyn
    Cassian/BF/K2 (depending who i fight)
    R2 (zeta on CA)
    Chaze

Working perfect.
  • Arcaver wrote: »

This makes no sense. If that was the case you would of killed at least 2 with annihilate in 5 minutes. I smell ......

If not omega'd, that could be two or more Annihilates wasted on Baze while he taunts, followed by an equal number of Jyn resurrections. I'll agree that it shouldn't be happening that way, though.
  • scuba
    14042 posts Member
    Jyn L, cassian, Chirrut, Baze, b2.. Yes b2 unfortunately. Runs through Rex lead triple cleanse team which is the one I found the most difficult using R1 against.
  • I fight both full R1 teams and Wiggs/Chaze teams, and it doesn't seem like there is much to choose between them. A full R1 team starts with tenacity up on K2 and Baze, and has an annoying resurect on Jyn which is a real pain, but Wiggs gives a ton of extra damage output.

As for the guy claiming he couldn't either win or lose with Nihilus vs. R1, either omega annihilate, or save it until you get a clear shot at Jyn and you can't lose, unless of course he is exaggerating about being able to heal all the damage he takes.