Another GW thread

I just want to thank all of the uninformed players out there. Yes, that's right! Because of you the GW is by and large very easy. You put Talia as a lead for anyone but nightsisters. You still think that at lvl 85 lumi and mace are rockstars. I can't imagine what it would be like if everyone read the forums and understood what synergy was.
From the bottom of my heart, thank you ;)

Replies

• ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    Not sure I'm understanding the intended direction of this thread correctly.

Do you know how GW is structured, and by which means the teams within it are selected? If so, please enlighten me. I thought every theory was just speculation at this point. Maybe I'm just uninformed.
  • The opponents are real players. It's like a trans shard arena. Therefore I thank those players that build such crappy teams. If everyone actually built solid teams, GW would be much harder
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    The opponents are real players. It's like a trans shard arena. Therefore I thank those players that build such **** teams. If everyone actually built solid teams, GW would be much harder

So are the teams in GW based on the last team you use to complete GW? Or based on their arena squad?
  • My assumption is current arena team.
  • The opponents are real players. It's like a trans shard arena. Therefore I thank those players that build such **** teams. If everyone actually built solid teams, GW would be much harder

One example of my typical node 12 (yesterday)
    GK lead
    Baze
    Chirrut
    R2 (zeta)
    DN (zeta)

Fully maxxed modded (and I didn't even know there were mods with +21 speed secondaries, this guy had several). All fully geared.

Let's trade!!! :)

• Lol, I'm sure I'll be singing a different tune when I turn 85
  • Well obviously nodes differ in difficulty, but I understand the OP's point. Until level cap I regularly saw Vader lead with no Empire, Luminara lead with one other jedi and surprisingly frequently Jedi Consular lead.

Even at level 85 I got a node with maxed toons lead by Royal Guard. I'd like to know who these people are that make it that far without figuring out how leaders work.
  • @tharduskafka exactly my point. If these are, as I assume, real squads in arena shards, bless those silly players. Makes it easier for the well informed.
  • Would have to be arena players since that's what it keeps up with. 99% of the time it looks like random toons thrown together. I auto most gw battles. Really one of the best parts of the game
  • I just want to thank all of the uninformed players out there. Yes, that's right! Because of you the GW is by and large very easy. You put Talia as a lead for anyone but nightsisters. You still think that at lvl 85 lumi and mace are rockstars. I can't imagine what it would be like if everyone read the forums and understood what synergy was.

can i get in on your shard?

i have yet to see talia or nightsisters. mace and lumi have yet to make an appearance as well.

all i see is rebel sc um with the last few nodes being all sith.
  • h0lyj03_36 wrote: »
    I just want to thank all of the uninformed players out there. Yes, that's right! Because of you the GW is by and large very easy. You put Talia as a lead for anyone but nightsisters. You still think that at lvl 85 lumi and mace are rockstars. I can't imagine what it would be like if everyone read the forums and understood what synergy was.

can i get in on your shard?

i have yet to see talia or nightsisters. mace and lumi have yet to make an appearance as well.

all i see is rebel sc um with the last few nodes being all sith.

Yeah I just started in January. Only lvl 82. Hopefully I'll have GK and a wicked ahsoka before it starts getting real ;)
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    It's random enemy generated i think. Nightsister Acolyte as leader at lvl 85 with gear 11? c'mon.. once i faced SRP before he even launch into the game?
  • Today I had someone with erg lead and zader in the squad. How do you not make zader your leader?!?!?!
  • tharduskafka
    474 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    I'm pretty sure it's not just random squads, otherwise they would all be Star Wars style names i.e. Mol Eliza
    UKFYKNi.png
  • Drazz127
    770 posts Member
    The opponents are real players. It's like a trans shard arena. Therefore I thank those players that build such **** teams. If everyone actually built solid teams, GW would be much harder

GK lead
    Baze
    Chirrut
    R2 (zeta)
    DN (zeta)

Fully maxxed modded (and I didn't even know there were mods with +21 speed secondaries, this guy had several). All fully geared.

If the GK lead had +120 speed, I played that team. I couldn't beat it, he was just too fast... I've beat slower versions of that team, but this guy had insane mods...
  • ProximaB1_
    1093 posts Member
    I believe it's squads that have beaten a node. It could be that there was just one character enemy left. so they just went with the top 5 characters on the roster to finish node. Not worrying about what characters they were because it basically was already beaten.
  • Drazz127 wrote: »

GK lead
    Baze
    Chirrut
    R2 (zeta)
    DN (zeta)

If the GK lead had +120 speed, I played that team. I couldn't beat it, he was just too fast... I've beat slower versions of that team, but this guy had insane mods...

I just got the exact same team...again...

Thought I'd have better luck with my zQGJ...
    Nope!

• If you see a player with a unique name in GW, try looking for them on swgoh.gg and see if they have a profile showing their character collection. I tried that a couple of times and found that the characters really did exist in the player's collection, but they comprised neither the player's arena team nor their 5 highest power rating.

As far as I could tell, the system simply selected 5 characters that fulfilled the power rating requirement for my GW (i.e. they possessed a certain percentage of the power rating of my 5 highest rated characters) without necessarily any relationship to that player's arena team.
  • If you see a player with a unique name in GW, try looking for them on swgoh.gg and see if they have a profile showing their character collection. I tried that a couple of times and found that the characters really did exist in the player's collection, but they comprised neither the player's arena team nor their 5 highest power rating.

As far as I could tell, the system simply selected 5 characters that fulfilled the power rating requirement for my GW (i.e. they possessed a certain percentage of the power rating of my 5 highest rated characters) without necessarily any relationship to that player's arena team.

Best theory so far
  • ProximaB1_
    1093 posts Member
    That's not right someone tried to break there node 11 using a tank team to get higher arena power and people with a broken node 12 all of a sudden got his squad over and over because it was the only squad that fit the requirements. It's squads you use in GW.