Nute Nuances Megathread (All things Nute)

Replies

• Kane13
    256 posts Member
    Roadburn12 wrote: »
    Kane13 wrote: »
    Roadburn12 wrote: »
    its not a bug so i dont see why they would nerf this combo.
    If they are really not wanting this they will likely just buff the raid in some way similar to how they changed health immunity and gave it to the raid once it enrages. Alternately they can completely rework nute in a future separatist faction pass and make this strategy unusable but making nute better in the process

Uh you don't see why they would nerf this combo? Well let's see....you can use 3 bad toons with low level gear to solo a phase of the raid. A raid the devs made for the masses to spend money for gear and toons to be able to complete it. I'd guess 75% of guilds can't complete haat still but that will change quickly if they let this continue. Which would mean less money for EA...which is the only reason why EA makes games. For money. Cheers to Lugo for finding it but it needs to be nerfed.

I never said i dont see why this combo could be nerfed, i was more getting at the fact that EA/CG rarely outright nerfs toon combos unless there is a bug involved with the characters (except OG barris, rip) which currently there isnt

On another note if they really cared about 3 toons soloing a phase why did they make it so that you can solo a phase of the raid with only 1 toon? True that needs a zeta and takes longer but its still really easy to do once you've got the pattern down

Hate to say I told you so but well. It's getting nerfed
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    I think the fact you don't need to zeta or gear anyone is what's concerning for them. Stupid decision but their decision.
  • @CG_Kozispoon , Just read your post about unintended behavior. The words that caught my attention are "work together as a guild to overcome normally insurmountable odds". If that is the intended behavior, then it is pretty clear that Nute, a zeta'd Cody and zKylo and the new 'expose' are among toons / actions that are not behaving as you have intended in the raid. These can do large amounts of damage in phases.. above normal limits and circumvent the 'work together as a guild' statement.

I truly hope that your concern is over the function of the raid, not the fact that another team, that is easy to farm for a F2P player, is highly viable for the HAAT raid. And if your concern is over function and intended behavior, then I hope you look at all teams that can do damage large amounts of damage and prevent the entire guild from working together.

If you do the math behind the process, it is still highly RNG dependent (depending on base assumptions of damage, the chance that you solo a raid is 0.15%) because Datcha will come out of stealth at some point (there is about a 2.6% chance of that, which over the number of attacks you need to do, provides the near certainty stealth will break several times). It takes a lot of work to set up the team right in HAAT. It's certainly harder than using zKylo to solo P1.

All I am saying is that if this is considered an issue then other teams and methods that produce 'significant damage' should be treated the same.
    Do or Do not.

DarthBarron (Kevin, aka KevWalker)
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    RIP
    Nute Gunray Lead Being Useful
    May 20th 2017-May 21st 2017
  • Mfish wrote: »
    sL_Spinoza wrote: »
    Anyone can see that I have always been against NERFS, this case is different. Different Cuz the only investment that needs to be done is an Omega.

It is very discouraging we invest in teams with 2 or more zetas, gear, and learn strategies to have a team with only 2 toons on the G10 or G9 with MODS that any one has doing 9M damage on auto.

Ps: I Leave the applause for those who found the team

Get over the fact that someone used their brain to compose a team instead of their wallet. And I say that as a p2p player.

Marvelous point!

This is cool, fun, and should stand. Past zetas on past teams are sunk costs and have no relevance on this particular setup.
  • Drax_77
    1076 posts Member
    Each person will do 2% in each phase then be locked out, this way we can "work together as a guild"
  • xanderxman
    505 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    If you don't need to spend to get the result it is an issue. If it potentially costs you money they are fine with it.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Drax_77 wrote: »
    Each person will do 2% in each phase then be locked out, this way we can "work together as a guild"

Guilds with 49 players or less might be a little upset, don't ya think?
  • Bnorth86
    125 posts Member
    Drax_77 wrote: »
    Bnorth86 wrote: »
    Work together as a guild.....lol.

I suppose that means all members of my guild should be getting equal scores right? Haha

That's coming next, each person is only allowed 2% in each phase, once you reach that it kicks your team out, so we get the rancor tie rewards in haat too...

Spot on. I can see them doing this to the raid as well. Guess that means we'll have to kick out some of our lower tier players since they can't get 2% on each part of the raid.
  • ABNRAS
    564 posts Member
    Mfish wrote: »
    sL_Spinoza wrote: »
    Anyone can see that I have always been against NERFS, this case is different. Different Cuz the only investment that needs to be done is an Omega.

It is very discouraging we invest in teams with 2 or more zetas, gear, and learn strategies to have a team with only 2 toons on the G10 or G9 with MODS that any one has doing 9M damage on auto.

Ps: I Leave the applause for those who found the team

Get over the fact that someone used their brain to compose a team instead of their wallet. And I say that as a p2p player.

Marvelous point!

This is cool, fun, and should stand. Past zetas on past teams are sunk costs and have no relevance on this particular setup.

Agreed! Let it stand!
  • scuba
    14047 posts Member
    How is 1 player using 1 character to clear a phase of the Raid meeting the intent of "work together as a guild to overcome normally insurmountable foes."
    Yet this team that can only solo (haven't seen proof that it can solo p2) the final phase, which you have to work together to get there, doesn't meet the intent?
  • Drax_77
    1076 posts Member
    Do you think they care if a guild can finish or not? I don't mean to sound negative towards them but someone figures out a strategy that works well and "oh that's broken we have to fix it" isn't this supposed to be a strategy game?
  • then think ahead when you create a character mechanic? lol? what's with the nerfs, assume responsibility Jesus!

btw super excited for Asoka great job there!
  • Vertigo wrote: »
    RIP

Hahaha
  • I'm quite sure their intent of The Pit wasn't for a 1 man solo either, but apparently they don't care about that anymore.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • ABNRAS
    564 posts Member
    How many guilds just merged instead of working together as a guild? Lol
  • USAmazing
    1157 posts Member
    Vertigo wrote: »
    RIP

Nutered...
    "You don't want to sell me death sticks... You want to go home and rethink your life. "
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    It's quite amusing to me that they literally designed the raid for Jawas, but are considering nerfing them the moment they start doing well.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    On a quick brush, you are right. But in essence all the current other working strategies need way harder work and investment with somewhat lesser results. At any time cg would have decided one of them was going over board. They didn't and those became legitimised methods of doing huge damage. This one got addressed right away.

I know this topic will be about whether it's a bug or feature discussion. But at the end of the day, it's a logical dev decision.
  • MadMalgusReturns
    670 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    @CG_Kozispoon so let me get this straight:
    "While we always enjoy seeing different strategies formed by Players to use in the raids, this most recent discovery disrupts our intent for the Tank Takedown Raid, which is to work together as a guild to overcome normally insurmountable foes."

A member of a guild finds a way to overcome a normally insurmountable foe WITHOUT exploiting a bug, but instead cleverly figuring out how to use three (working as intended and as abilities describe) characters to defeat a phase, the community spreads it like wildfire, many people investing resources into these three characters, EA gets wind of it and decides to punish everyone due to their own limited foresight and in game testing? That about sum it up? Just want to be clear some people spent millions of credits and a bunch of omegas on characters they otherwise wouldn't have
  • Drax_77
    1076 posts Member
    I'm quite sure their intent of The Pit wasn't for a 1 man solo either, but apparently they don't care about that anymore.

3 guys cleared haat, so if more guilds start pulling this off are they going to overhaul the entire raid?
  • ABNRAS wrote: »
    How many guilds just merged instead of working together as a guild? Lol

Just all the top guilds. They "worked together" in the spirit of the game. ;)

• scuba
    14047 posts Member
    I'm quite sure their intent of The Pit wasn't for a 1 man solo either, but apparently they don't care about that anymore.

And that was possible as soon as dengar was available and made much easier 3 months after release of the Raid with the addition of mods.
  • This might be the worst thing the devs have ever done. Let the guilds set rules for themselves as for whether they'll allow this, don't just take a sledgehammer to it. My guild, for example, only allows Zylo players to go in once and had a system for rancor solos until the recent Zader fix. No excuse for the devs to "fix" something that's working perfectly fine according to game mechanics.
  • ABNRAS
    564 posts Member
    They only care about nerfing a team that doesn't increase revenue
  • xanderxman wrote: »
    If you don't need to spend to get the result it is an issue. If it potentially costs you money they are fine with it.

THAT's a bingo!
  • Lugo
    417 posts Member

They can make the pit hard again just by making it where all bosses are immune to TMR.
  • tmntguy86
    446 posts Member
    @DarthBarron I was thinking this exact thing. They say it's not intended bc it disrupts the idea of the guild working together. This isn't broken. It's not a bug from the looks of it.

So are we really going to need this setup bc it's not a heavy paywall and gear investment of clones, Zylo and resistance? With resistance you can nearly Solo P2. Clones can nearly Solo P4. While Zylo can solo P1. This at least gives another option for players who don't have the money or resources to farm and gear those other 3 teams. Those teams disrupt the balance just as much imo.
  • kerwyn
    144 posts Member
    I'm confused as to the "quick" response of a fix to something that is not a bug from what I understand.
    Nute was buffed. People saw his use for once and built a team where he can be used ... now it's a problem because it can be used ?
    Where else is Nute viable?
    Is it really a bug ? Exploit? Or just good team building ?
  • Lugo
    417 posts Member
    @CG_Kozispoon so let me get this straight:
    "While we always enjoy seeing different strategies formed by Players to use in the raids, this most recent discovery disrupts our intent for the Tank Takedown Raid, which is to work together as a guild to overcome normally insurmountable foes."

A member of a guild finds a way to overcome a normally insurmountable foe WITHOUT exploiting a bug, but instead cleverly figuring out how to use three (working as intended and as abilities describe) characters to defeat a phase, the community spreads it like wildfire, many people investing resources into these three characters, EA gets wind of it and decides to punish everyone due to their own limited foresight and in game testing? That about sum it up? Just want to be clear.

Better now then ajusted 3 weeks from now.