Nute Nuances Megathread (All things Nute)

Replies

• Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    Nuuuuuuuuu, I spent considerable crystals today powering up this awesome combo, a combo that was built in to the game! How am I supposed to work towards something, something you developers built into the game, and then have all that wasted effort for nothing. The jawas suck so bad and yet they require so much gear. I wasted effort on them before I realized it, now that they finally have a use, I tried to build them up more, but you take it away? Wow. Just, wow.
  • Oh please, comparing putting in the effort to gear clones compared to a naked Nute Gunray and 2 g8 jawas is utterly absurd.
  • Kane13
    256 posts Member
    Oh please, comparing putting in the effort to gear clones compared to a naked Nute Gunray and 2 g8 jawas is utterly absurd.

This
  • xanderxman wrote: »
    Shame they can't respond to other issues that quickly.

Could you become a dev? They don't seem to think like you and they really need to.
  • @CG_Kozispoon so let me get this straight:
    "While we always enjoy seeing different strategies formed by Players to use in the raids, this most recent discovery disrupts our intent for the Tank Takedown Raid, which is to work together as a guild to overcome normally insurmountable foes."

A member of a guild finds a way to overcome a normally insurmountable foe WITHOUT exploiting a bug, but instead cleverly figuring out how to use three (working as intended and as abilities describe) characters to defeat a phase, the community spreads it like wildfire, many people investing resources into these three characters, EA gets wind of it and decides to punish everyone due to their own limited foresight and in game testing? That about sum it up? Just want to be clear.
    Lugo wrote: »
    @CG_Kozispoon so let me get this straight:
    "While we always enjoy seeing different strategies formed by Players to use in the raids, this most recent discovery disrupts our intent for the Tank Takedown Raid, which is to work together as a guild to overcome normally insurmountable foes."

A member of a guild finds a way to overcome a normally insurmountable foe WITHOUT exploiting a bug, but instead cleverly figuring out how to use three (working as intended and as abilities describe) characters to defeat a phase, the community spreads it like wildfire, many people investing resources into these three characters, EA gets wind of it and decides to punish everyone due to their own limited foresight and in game testing? That about sum it up? Just want to be clear.

Better now then ajusted 3 weeks from now.

Sure, but tell that to the people that just spent a ton of resources on characters they normally wouldn't have. (Props for the idea by the way, too bad it was short lived)
  • Drax_77
    1076 posts Member
    Oh please, comparing putting in the effort to gear clones compared to a naked Nute Gunray and 2 g8 jawas is utterly absurd.

True, but if mechanics are in fact working as intended, the devs should he happy someone figured it out instead of scrambling for the nerf hammer.
  • Good team building. All it is.
  • gatormatt
    304 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    "If it doesn't make money, it doesn't make cents."

Amirite CG, am I ?
  • Cry more dude. You are so quick to cry if it's something you don't have.

It's little weak comments like this that got your previous account named shut down in the first place. Talk about someone that doesn't learn from their mistakes..people that don't learn from their mistakes are destined to repeat them. At least make another account that doesn't fit the same name if you wanna troll. It reminds me of the dumb criminals that don't think while committing a crime. Talk about wasted brain cells.
  • CleverWes
    648 posts Member
    Gotta admit, this is a pretty despicable decision.

They don't care about balance for arena, but balance on a raid is a priority now.
  • Ender22 wrote: »
    Nuuuuuuuuu, I spent considerable crystals today powering up this awesome combo, a combo that was built in to the game! How am I supposed to work towards something, something you developers built into the game, and then have all that wasted effort for nothing. The jawas suck so bad and yet they require so much gear. I wasted effort on them before I realized it, now that they finally have a use, I tried to build them up more, but you take it away? Wow. Just, wow.

This ^^^^^^ @CG_Kozispoon . You've always been great to the community, please take this into account when you "fix" (nerf hammer) this "problem"
  • ABNRAS
    564 posts Member

So farm Nute and then you can use Nute AND Clones
  • kerwyn
    144 posts Member
    That's what it looks like to me. I'm not a troll nor am I close minded. I see a lot of people saying it's a bug with no explaination...
    What is the bug ?
  • ABNRAS
    564 posts Member
    There isn't one
  • wearywarrior74
    760 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    edit: deleted
  • TMK
    700 posts Member
    There is no bug. They just don't like the fact, that the strategy doesn't require any highly geared toons to be effective.
  • zhtd17
    948 posts Member
    'Nerfed' is the proper name
  • Lugo
    417 posts Member
    zhtd17 wrote: »
    'Nerfed' is the proper name

So true
  • Look at the bright side. Maybe it will take as long to fix this as it did to fix Teebo.
  • Do I need to warn my guild that zylo may not be worth it for phase 1 soon?
  • I'm expecting to see a 1-2% tm gain on hit get added during topple. That would leave these two Jawa as solid toons for HAAT under a Nute lead but would prevent massive damage with gear 8 toons. It would also help prevent potential OPness with the updated expose mechanic for resistance.

While it would be nice to see smaller guilds able to beat HAAT easier I can see how there would be problems if this was left as is. A lot of people put a lot of money and zetas into Princess/Zody teams for Phase four, so suddenly having people able to solo it with minimal investment has the potential to really annoy a lot of the games biggest contributors.

I just hope they don't go overboard and change the tank so much that people who invested a ton of money to help their guild be able to do HAAT suddenly find their guild failing because of it, because that would cause a lot of outrage as well.
  • Broulan
    374 posts Member
    TMK wrote: »
    There is no bug. They just don't like the fact, that the strategy doesn't require any highly geared toons to be effective.
    I mean the two Jawas have to be decent. Critical hits have to be on point.
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    What about clones? Nerf them too while your at it
  • MadMalgusReturns
    670 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    xanderxman wrote: »
    Look at the bright side. Maybe it will take as long to fix this as it did to fix Teebo.
    Lmao
    Doubtful but funny
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    Might as well take away all tm reduction from Zader and just get it over with
  • Lugo wrote: »
    I'm quite sure their intent of The Pit wasn't for a 1 man solo either, but apparently they don't care about that anymore.

They can make the pit hard again just by making it where all bosses are immune to TMR.

I like this idea, just pay out mk3 stun cuffs and mk5 stun guns for that raid style.
  • CleverWes
    648 posts Member
    Ender22 wrote: »

This ^^^^^^ @CG_Kozispoon . You've always been great to the community, please take this into account when you "fix" (nerf hammer) this "problem"

They'll do what they did for people who zeta'd Vader after their first fix... which is absolutely nothing.
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Kane13 wrote: »

This

That's NOT their argument. Their argument is "to work together as a guild to overcome normally insurmountable foes". Are you telling me that's what 1-2 folks with Zylo or Clones do? Or even Resistance, for that matter. That's NOT a guild working together. Regardless, only 2% each by 50 players is needed, and a weak guild can do that.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • What's going on in the forums lately. What's the sit rep folks?
  • Byakuya
    392 posts Member
    Cg made nute like this??????????