Utility of fives vs boba fett? (Esp for defenses)

I am wanting to add a tank to my arena team for utility and defensive abilities. Aka to help on arena defenses.

Trying to decide between fives and boba fett. Any feedback as to which would be more disruptive to an attacker?

Rest of my team would be luminara, Sid, jawa, and one TBD (currently bariss but looking to replace her).

Thanks in advance for any ideas.
Guide to Beating Galactic War from Team Instinct
TeamInstinct.net -- Community Site and Home to Team Instinct

Replies

• Boba works awesome with Lumi and Sid. Another good one for that group is Leia and/or tie pilot. All that crit is lovely. I have fives, and he's ok, but I think he's better suited with aayla/kit/ima for a counter team.
  • SiriTa wrote: »
    Boba works awesome with Lumi and Sid. Another good one for that group is Leia and/or tie pilot. All that crit is lovely. I have fives, and he's ok, but I think he's better suited with aayla/kit/ima for a counter team.

Thanks for the feedback. You can see based on my lineup that I don't really have anyone with counter attack. That's why I wasn't sure if fives would be much help as the only one countering.
  • Any other ideas?
    @WhipiT @Subzero @Slushie @JoraMDarkblade

Calling all my role models :-)
  • That's a tough one.

I don't have Fives so I can't really say how good he is from experience but from what I've seen levelled up, his Tactical Awareness gives him 70% counter chance and +25% counter damage. Coupled with his Combined Fire which essentially gives you a double attack when he calls an assist means he can dish out a lot of damage regularly. He also has utility with his speed down debuff.

Fett on the otherhand has an 80% chance to apply Ability Block on the whole team since it's an AoE which some may argue is more useful than bonus damage since a blanket ability block can completely mess up a team at the right time. Not to mention he has a 30% chance to revive which I've noticed happens a lot when I'm fighting against him.

Going from my own experience in fighting against these two characters in PvP I'd say I probably rate Fett a higher threat than Fives, but that's just me.

You'd need to get feedback from the others who I'm sure have more experience than me with the these two.
  • Max skill lv, Fives has a 70% counter rate I believe. His assist skill+counter means he can potentially do a lot more damage than Boba.

Boba can revive himself,has aoe ability block, and has better stats than Fives.

• 5s! All the way. You wouldnt really want 5s on a counter attack team anyway. I know.. he has counter attack, but heres the thing. 5s basic attacks a 2 turn slow. When he counter attacks, he uses his basic attack to spread this slow. Once 5s has the entire enemy team slowed, you just crush, kill, and destroy with whatever else your team is made of.

"There is no 'try'." - Master Yoda
  • Pilot wrote: »
    5s! All the way. You wouldnt really want 5s on a counter attack team anyway. I know.. he has counter attack, but heres the thing. 5s basic attacks a 2 turn slow. When he counter attacks, he uses his basic attack to spread this slow. Once 5s has the entire enemy team slowed, you just crush, kill, and destroy with whatever else your team is made of.

Somehow missed that when reading tooltips. Good to know. :)
  • I've had a lot more difficulty taking down fives when he's on defense (this is at level 60 and I'm assuming they're 6+ stars). You can try and take him down, but he'll counter with slows and slow your whole team. You can ignore, but then he'll dps and slow you down quietly. There's a team in the top 50 on my soft-launch server with a 4* Obi Wan as leader (evasion and turn meter on dodge) plus a fives. Only managed to beat him with 3seconds to spare.

Offense though Boba definitely makes things easier for me.
  • Rutank
    409 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Rheen wrote: »
    I am wanting to add a tank to my arena team for utility and defensive abilities. Aka to help on arena defenses.

Trying to decide between fives and boba fett. Any feedback as to which would be more disruptive to an attacker?

Rest of my team would be luminara, Sid, jawa, and one TBD (currently bariss but looking to replace her).

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

I mean jawa is one of my favorite chars from Star Wars, but really it's making your team lineup?
    I hear that bobba is OP late game and all but fives slow speed chance is legit too man, you basically can slow someone from attacking this turn

• Rutank wrote: »
    I mean jawa is one of my favorite chars from Star Wars, but really it's making your team lineup?
    I hear that bobba is OP late game and all but fives slow speed chance is legit too man, you basically can slow someone from attacking this turn

Thanks for your feedback.

Based on everyone's comments it sounds like maybe boba fett is a little better on offense and fives is a little better on defense. Now I just have to decide which is more important to me :smile:

Also, yes--jawa is one of my main 3. He doesn't have the utility of sidious or luminara (except occasionally against droids), but he does decent damage. I know he's not anything special--just happened to be the char I picked to level up.

My team isn't perfect but it still gets me to the top 10 (for now!)
  • Slushie wrote: »
    That's a tough one.

I don't have Fives so I can't really say how good he is from experience but from what I've seen levelled up, his Tactical Awareness gives him 70% counter chance and +25% counter damage. Coupled with his Combined Fire which essentially gives you a double attack when he calls an assist means he can dish out a lot of damage regularly. He also has utility with his speed down debuff.

Fett on the otherhand has an 80% chance to apply Ability Block on the whole team since it's an AoE which some may argue is more useful than bonus damage since a blanket ability block can completely mess up a team at the right time. Not to mention he has a 30% chance to revive which I've noticed happens a lot when I'm fighting against him.

Going from my own experience in fighting against these two characters in PvP I'd say I probably rate Fett a higher threat than Fives, but that's just me.

You'd need to get feedback from the others who I'm sure have more experience than me with the these two.

Thanks for responding. Sorry to pull you away from all of the "Bariss OP" threads. I know how important it is that we all carefully read every one someone creates :wink:
  • Five hit quite hard if you invest and max out...but mediocre if not fully upgraded... bobais more to disable skill and his leader crit..other than that he is normal.
    My Ally Code -813-329-945
    LVL 60
  • the two of them work well together.. got them since day 1.. n they r always my last 2 survivor