Punishment For Mod Exploiters?

Prev1345
3Cheers4Tyranny
2084 posts Member
edited May 2017
If so, I request not to be ba- well would you look at that? It's time to go, um, I wasn't exploiting anything!
10m credits for selling mods :love:

Replies

• Haha what?
  • There was about a 45 minute window where the mod upgrade feature was not subtracting credits for upgrades. People were upgrading every mod they had for free, and selling the ones with stats that they didn't need, resulting in crazy amounts of credits and high power mods.
  • If so, I request not to be ba- well would you look at that? It's time to go, um, I wasn't exploiting anything!
    10m credits for selling mods :love:

wow.

lol
  • How fast will they address this issue? Oh wait, they quietly fixed it.
  • nskowyra
    144 posts Member
    Upgraded mods sell for more. . . I did not know that

Mod shop time
  • ABNRAS
    564 posts Member
    Nutes revenge. Lol
  • Probably by letting you keep the credits you earned by selling them, but subtracting the total amount they would have cost to upgrade.
  • Well that sure happened quickly. Hahaha
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Hiya!
    We're currently reviewing this situation and will post any updates when applicable. Thanks!
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • I figured it was working as intended.
    Empire Relic
  • Ain't it always? Lol
  • Wives and financial advisers all across the land are hoping for a lot of game bans.
    Empire Relic
  • nskowyra
    144 posts Member
    I wonder what the chain of events​ are that have to happen in order for a bug like this to make it live
  • I started upgrading as usual, then realized that it didn't take any credits. Who wouldn't continue on? Zader was working as intended right? So we're these jawa in aat too right?

Finding something not working right is what gamers do, it's not a hack, and just the same exploit as those soloing with zader. . .

If punishment is what ea is looking for, consistency would have to be the key. Is that the policy?

It's fixed, move along, these aren't the droids your looking for.
  • anonidude
    702 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Oh wow that's just great.

So those who knew it was a bug and didn't take advantage - because you know it's the right thing to do - are now at the mercy of those that did upgrade all their mods, cherry picked the best onto their arena gw and raid sqauds and sold the rest for mega profit.

How is that fair? What a fiasco
    | ANZGC | Exile |
  • WAI baby :)
  • Demagol
    41 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    I will be honest, I "exploited" expecting a rollback which I've seen in many games just to see what the stats were. I've spent no energy, bought anything, sold mods or moved mods around because I was just expecting the rollback. If they ban me I will be really upset, I would be more than willing to let them roll back my account or take all the mods I upgraded away as opposed to lose my account in which I have spent a decent amount of money on... I guess we will see.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    People pay attention to credits when leveling mods? I never do.
  • Kissycat
    410 posts Member
    They suspended people in the past for taking advantage of rancor raid rewards exploit.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/49835/raid-reward-exploit-discussion#latest

And banned people for the Vader achievement exploit. Don't take advantage of exploits.
  • JJBagger
    331 posts Member
    scuba wrote: »

I'm the same scuba
  • Kissycat wrote: »
    They suspended people in the past for taking advantage of rancor raid rewards exploit.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/49835/raid-reward-exploit-discussion#latest

And banned people for the Vader achievement exploit. Don't take advantage of exploits.

I thought they didn't ban Vader exploiters but made the stats on 6-star and 7-star the same for a bit?
  • Waterdog01
    133 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    I say ban everyone that upgraded more than 3 mods today! Surely they were all cheating!
  • nskowyra
    144 posts Member
    Supercat wrote: »
    #snakeslivesmatter

+1

They didn't ban me when they screwed GW. I did 3 in as many minutes :)

What happened to gw
  • Zipped
    105 posts Member
    Most fun I've had in ... Well... Months ... Couldn't care less if they punished me.

Better to ask forgiveness than permission.

• Bulldog1205
    3573 posts Member
    scuba wrote: »

If you upgraded 10 or 20 mods you wouldn't notice that you had and extra 5-10 million? Or when do you upgrade that many mods at once anyways? If you only did a few you will get away with it, but if you did this dozens of times you obviously cheated.
  • theBOBofBobs
    10 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Anyone who exploited this knew exactly what they were doing. At the very least it should either be reverted or their credit balance should reflect the actual cost of the upgrades even if it puts them in the negative.
  • Kissycat
    410 posts Member
    Kissycat wrote: »

I thought they didn't ban Vader exploiters but made the stats on 6-star and 7-star the same for a bit?

If I remember correctly, they were first banned. Then sent to a 'cheaters shard' where it was full of people who did the same thing. Then, once everyone had access to 7* Vader, allowed back into general population. When this happened, the max you could get Vader was 5-6*.
  • How long was the exploit open?
    I don't see where anyone received any unfair advantage. The result of this is a credit heist reward. Nothing game breaking.
  • nskowyra
    144 posts Member
    How long was the exploit open?
    I don't see where anyone received any unfair advantage. The result of this is a credit heist reward. Nothing game breaking.

~1hr
  • Bulldog1205
    3573 posts Member
    How long was the exploit open?

I'm not naming name, but There were people getting 30 million+ credits. That's pretty significant.
This discussion has been closed.