Nute Nuances Megathread (All things Nute)

Replies

• KeyMan64x wrote: »
    So it's okay to Solo phase 1 with one character. (Zylo)
    It's also okay to Solo Phase 4 with five characters. (Princess Clones)

But now it's not okay to Solo Phase 4 with Nute and two Jawas?

What am I missing here? Hasn't Nute been reworked a couple of times already?
    Whenever we get to have fun with something, the thing gets Nerfed? Hmmm

1 guy has cleared a phase once with clones after months of work. With this it was 3 toons on auto and there were dozens of copycats the same day because it takes almost no investment to build the team. And they could put it on auto. That's the difference.

No one has solod a entire phase with nute and jawa lol.

Where's your proof
  • scuba
    14044 posts Member
    KeyMan64x wrote: »

1 guy has cleared a phase once with clones after months of work. With this it was 3 toons on auto and there were dozens of copycats the same day because it takes almost no investment to build the team. And they could put it on auto. That's the difference.

There were dozens of copy cats so quickly because many already had js and Datcha close to if not raid ready because they were supposed to be good for the Raid.
    Js or Dathca was already good for use with clones in p2 of Haat.

Believe it or not more than you think had nute at close to the needed gear level and 7 * because before his first leader ability fix when paired with lando you could make lando go 2 or 3 times in a row.

They still require 8 omega's, 990 shards, gear, credits, 65 purple mats to get them to do this.
    When I read about it my expenditure to get them from where I had them was raising nute 5 levels and 8 omega mats because I already had the Jawa at g10 and nute at required gear level.
  • scuba wrote: »

There were dozens of copy cats so quickly because many already had js and Datcha close to if not raid ready because they were supposed to be good for the Raid.

Believe it or not more than you think had nute at close to the needed gear level and 7 * because before his first leader ability fix when paired with lando you could make lando go 2 or 3 times in a row.

They still require 8 omega's, 990 shards, gear, credits, 65 purple mats to get them to do this.
    When I read about it my expenditure to get them from where I had them was raising nute 5 levels and 8 omega mats because I already had the Jawa at g10 and nute at required gear level.

It was copied so quickly because you could do it with junk mods and minimal gear.

One required a massive investment in shards, gear, Zetas and mods and still has yet to be done more than once. The other was copied immediately by dozens. Tells you all you need to know.

It was copied so quickly because you could do it with junk mods and minimal gear.

One required a massive investment in shards, gear, Zetas and mods and still has yet to be done more than once. The other was copied immediately by dozens. Tells you all you need to know.

How many copycats were there with Zylo?

And I still haven't seen a **** or a video of a whole phase being cleared yes 6 or 8m damage by one of the best players in swgoh but not everyone is doing it and no one has solod anything and if they did they didn't post it here. There even was a thread saying first to solo can name the team... NO one solod it.

U guys have more fake news than msm
  • I agree nerfs are needed

not working as intended

https://youtu.be/nPnS7kVmVd8

can't wait for this to be addressed, someone keeps closing my discussion when i start it
  • TyloRen
    381 posts Moderator

Where's your proof

XCn1I8h.jpg
  • scuba
    14044 posts Member
    scuba wrote: »

My bad. I missed you were comparing to clones. Yes they are a much bigger investment. I was comparing to zeta Kylo in p1. Sorry but if this nute, js, Dathca isn't allowed neither should zeta Kylo be allowed. Needing a zeta to do the Kylo trick isn't enough to throw out one and not the other.

How many copycats were there with Zylo?

And I still haven't seen a **** or a video of a whole phase being cleared yes 6 or 8m damage by one of the best players in swgoh but not everyone is doing it and no one has solod anything and if they did they didn't post it here. There even was a thread saying first to solo can name the team... NO one solod it.

U guys have more fake news than msm

Maybe do a quick search there are videos and pictures all over the forums.

Second with Zylo you had to actually play, you couldn't put it on auto and you had to get lucky with retreats.
  • Where can I find their album? It has be bluesy with hints of big band. Hope I get to see them when they tour my region!
  • Sfortune
    83 posts Member
    So I just tried it. There is seriously nothing to get super wound up about. It's heavily rng dependent and very hard to set up. I tried 27 runs before the aat obliterated my team when I forgot to turn on airplane mode and the furthest I ever got in was 10%. I recognize that it's possible to get much further in and possibly even solo but it will be rare. By he time I was done playing around with my runs there was only 30% of p2 left. I'm sure with some practice and tweaking it may get easier but my experience right now is that it's hard to use. It's not just pushing auto.
  • Smack
    36 posts Member

Stop already... Stop with the rational thinking. It gets nowhere on the forums. Only rage and CG bashing can occur here.
  • scuba
    14044 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Sfortune wrote: »
    So I just tried it. There is seriously nothing to get super wound up about. It's heavily rng dependent and very hard to set up. I tried 27 runs before the aat obliterated my team when I forgot to turn on airplane mode and the furthest I ever got in was 10%. I recognize that it's possible to get much further in and possibly even solo but it will be rare. By he time I was done playing around with my runs there was only 30% of p2 left. I'm sure with some practice and tweaking it may get easier but my experience right now is that it's hard to use. It's not just pushing auto.

The run I forgot to turn on ap mode in my testing I got a big old goose egg. So never got to test in p3 or p4. :(

PIA5u5t.png

But hey them other people are right just send in those 3 with low gear junk mods and put it on auto and you will demolish it right? No rng needed, never have to retreat it is just auto and go.
  • KeyMan64x
    794 posts Member

Ignoring Zylo? Solo an entire phase with 1 character...that's okay?
  • I am Groot.

Irrelevant. But I didn't ignore him, I already answered that.
  • Sfortune wrote: »

Yes this is exactly what just happened in our guild. Doing this set up requires A LOT of time and RNG. It didn't work out for us

• tRRRey
    2782 posts Member

Isn't it strange how you're the only one who seems to think the Kylo comparison is irrelevant?
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!

So if nute needed a zeta for his leader ability would this team comp work?

Can you address the numerous times people have pointed out this is very difficult to setup properly and get good rng, probably more so difficult than getting lucky with zylo p1 retreats?

This is literally the same instance only instead of a max zylo it's the same credits, ability mats and mostly gear across 3 (or 4 with r2) toons. The argument that zylo is ok because he is zeta and costs more is absurd. The argument the nute trick can run on auto is just as weak since you dont enter p2 and hit auto and it solos the phase.
  • I had a few thoughts on the possible Nute Nerf.

Honestly someone found an OP team that has zero bugs and is WAI in the 8 months after a raid came out.

CG and Devs should leave well enough alone HAAT is an old raid.
    Work on new content not nerfs. ZVADER and ZBARRIS were true bugs those made sense.

OP Nute Gunray and two Jawas really? Congrats here is your easter egg. We just got a nerf to Nute's Leader ability when R2 came out.

There is no talk of nerfing StChirpintine Teams or Kenobi Sink teams why this one?

If we go down this path, it would stand to reason to nerf these other teams and Princess ZCody and others, no thank you WAI.

Half leader ablities in raids or upon death of leader really we are going to change the game mechanics that much now, why?
    No way, no more nerfs, you have zKylo congratulations.

Took you 4 months to get him now go play with him and be awesome.

If they nerf these types of things brought to the forums then people will stop sharing what they find publicly.
    And will instead just tell their friends in private chats and in secret.

Again not something we as a community and the devs should not want.

People like Lugo should be celebrated and cheered not have his stuff nerfed in two days.
    Think he will share his next find on the forums?

Heck no he will keep some OP new team to himself and possibly be reported as a cheater by his guild mates. All of these are terrible possibilities.

Just wanted to share

Look up the cobra effect or the rat effect

Unintended consequences are real.

Cobra Effect:
    The term cobra effect originated in an anecdote set at the time of British rule of colonial India. The British government was concerned about the number of venomous cobra snakes in Delhi.[3] The government therefore offered a bounty for every dead cobra. Initially this was a successful strategy as large numbers of snakes were killed for the reward. Eventually, however, enterprising people began to breed cobras for the income. When the government became aware of this, the reward program was scrapped, causing the cobra breeders to set the now-worthless snakes free. As a result, the wild cobra population further increased. The apparent solution for the problem made the situation even worse.[2][4]

Rat Effect:

A similar incident occurred in Hanoi, Vietnam, under French colonial rule. The colonial regime created a bounty program that paid a reward for each rat killed.[3] To obtain the bounty, people would provide the severed rat tail. Colonial officials, however, began noticing rats in Hanoi with no tails. The Vietnamese rat catchers would capture rats, lop off their tails, and then release them back into the sewers so that they could procreate and produce more rats, thereby increasing the rat catchers' revenue.[5] Historian Michael Vann argues that the cobra example from British India cannot be proven, but that the rats in Vietnam case can be proven, so the term could be changed to the "rat effect".[3]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cobra_effect
    Love SWGOH and want to keep it great! YouTube: Reality Skewed Gamers
  • Why nerf, bug fix is OK

lugo...
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    Smack wrote: »
    It is only meant to grant TM to main attack NOT on assists... smfh

Is it? Don't say so in the description, though. Assist being a basic attack it had always applied effects, benefited from leader abilities etc. That is how they have always worked.
  • TyloRen wrote: »

Where's your proof

XCn1I8h.jpg

@TyloRen that is NOT a solo, FYI. A solo is exactly 12,455,996.

SnakesOnAPlane
  • TyloRen
    381 posts Moderator
    TyloRen wrote: »

Where's your proof

XCn1I8h.jpg

Ok, but they survived, and evidently started with 98.6% left in P4. I'm giving them credit for a solo
  • Yet Zylo can solo an entire phase on his own yet nobody said boo about that... This is simply about money. This 3 toon set up is cheap and easy for just about anyone, god forbid... the elitist cry, EA thinks about potential lost revenue, and action will be taken. But it will cost them something besides monetary value, and that's the trust & respect of the player base. This is not a bug, it's a clever use of otherwise worthless toons. But it's all about the dollar here...
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Things have not been "Nerfed" in a long time and the whole Lugo thing I think was blown out of proportion. Is it really intended for a toon to get TM with Nute Lead attacking outside their turn (AKA assist attacks giving TM) if it was intended then they will have to give a good excuse for nerfing Nutini put if it wasn't intended this will just be the same as the Zader bug fix.

No nerfs are not ruining the game because they are very rare and I appreciate the devs work on this because when I started playing in December 2015 nerfs were the order of the day
  • TyloRen wrote: »
    TyloRen wrote: »

Where's your proof

XCn1I8h.jpg

Ok, but they survived, and evidently started with 98.6% left in P4. I'm giving them credit for a solo

One can't cross a finish line without first starting the race.

SnakesOnAPlane
  • BhMojo
    50 posts Member
    I hope you finally fix Plo Koon seeing as how quick you're reacting to Nute means you could have fixed Plo ages ago
  • Lugo
    417 posts Member
    I had a few thoughts on the possible Nute Nerf.

Honestly someone found an OP team that has zero bugs and is WAI in the 8 months after a raid came out.

CG and Devs should leave well enough alone HAAT is an old raid.
    Work on new content not nerfs. ZVADER and ZBARRIS were true bugs those made sense.

OP Nute Gunray and two Jawas really? Congrats here is your easter egg. We just got a nerf to Nute's Leader ability when R2 came out.

There is no talk of nerfing StChirpintine Teams or Kenobi Sink teams why this one?

If we go down this path, it would stand to reason to nerf these other teams and Princess ZCody and others, no thank you WAI.

Half leader ablities in raids or upon death of leader really we are going to change the game mechanics that much now, why?
    No way, no more nerfs, you have zKylo congratulations.

Took you 4 months to get him now go play with him and be awesome.

If they nerf these types of things brought to the forums then people will stop sharing what they find publicly.
    And will instead just tell their friends in private chats and in secret.

Again not something we as a community and the devs should not want.

People like Lugo should be celebrated and cheered not have his stuff nerfed in two days.
    Think he will share his next find on the forums?

Heck no he will keep some OP new team to himself and possibly be reported as a cheater by his guild mates. All of these are terrible possibilities.

Just wanted to share

Look up the cobra effect or the rat effect

Unintended consequences are real.

Cobra Effect:
    The term cobra effect originated in an anecdote set at the time of British rule of colonial India. The British government was concerned about the number of venomous cobra snakes in Delhi.[3] The government therefore offered a bounty for every dead cobra. Initially this was a successful strategy as large numbers of snakes were killed for the reward. Eventually, however, enterprising people began to breed cobras for the income. When the government became aware of this, the reward program was scrapped, causing the cobra breeders to set the now-worthless snakes free. As a result, the wild cobra population further increased. The apparent solution for the problem made the situation even worse.[2][4]

Rat Effect:

A similar incident occurred in Hanoi, Vietnam, under French colonial rule. The colonial regime created a bounty program that paid a reward for each rat killed.[3] To obtain the bounty, people would provide the severed rat tail. Colonial officials, however, began noticing rats in Hanoi with no tails. The Vietnamese rat catchers would capture rats, lop off their tails, and then release them back into the sewers so that they could procreate and produce more rats, thereby increasing the rat catchers' revenue.[5] Historian Michael Vann argues that the cobra example from British India cannot be proven, but that the rats in Vietnam case can be proven, so the term could be changed to the "rat effect".[3]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cobra_effect

Thanks.
  • EmeraldZx
    176 posts Member
    2 very viable solutions here.

1) Change leader to make it so TM gains are only during attacker's turn and not assist (i.e. Jawa can't call in Leia to assist and Leia gains TM because not her turn)

2) Change leader to give 40% TM instead of 50 (why would they change it to 49? They gain 98% TM each time and will still roll out too much before the Tank can get a say.)