Nute Nuances Megathread (All things Nute)

Replies

• Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Well said. It's amazing how many people miss this key point. They can't build us cool new stuff if they can't pay the bills.

You can't possibly believe that just because people jump over and farm Nute and this team for 2 of the four phases in the raid that EA/CG's money is going to dry up. That's the most ridiculous statement I've read on these forums.
  • NacciPerse
    80 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    J0K3R wrote: »
    CG will look at responses that are respectful and productive.

Ahahaha they must pay you well! Your nick goes with your statement.

giphy.gif
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    NacciPerse wrote: »
    J0K3R wrote: »
    CG will look at responses that are respectful and productive.

Ahahaha they must pay you well! Your nick goes with your statement.

giphy.gif
    giphy.gif

Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • Kane13
    256 posts Member
    Varlie wrote: »
    Kane13 wrote: »
    Ok. For the people that keep posting "I don't u.... They didn't make the raid for 3 undergeared toons to solo a phase with very little effort to get them to gear 8. This lame.....

Well, TECHNICALLY, they did make the raid for 3 undergeared toons to solo a phase or we wouldn't be having this conversation

Well, TECHNICALLY they screwed up when they messed with nutes leadership ability. My point with that comment was the devs are going to nerf because THEY screwed up. They don't want under developed guilds clearing Haat. You do realize this wasn't possible until about a month ago? But whatever. You win.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Ok. For the people that keep posting "I don't u.... They didn't make the raid for 3 undergeared toons to solo a phase with very little effort to get them to gear 8. This lame.....

Well, TECHNICALLY, they did make the raid for 3 undergeared toons to solo a phase or we wouldn't be having this conversation

Well, TECHNICALLY they screwed up when they messed with nutes leadership ability. My point with that comment was the devs are going to nerf because THEY screwed up. They don't want under developed guilds clearing Haat. You do realize this wasn't possible until about a month ago? But whatever. You win.

Under developed guilds will still not clear HAAT, P3 is a killer for unprepared guilds
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • ABNRAS
    564 posts Member
    Ztyle wrote: »

Under developed guilds will still not clear HAAT, P3 is a killer for unprepared guilds

And they will still need help in P2. Most people, if any, will not solo that phase
  • Sfortune
    83 posts Member
    Agreed. P2 and P4 were never an issue and no one had to farm anything specifically for them. Nothing thst wasn't ftp anyway since most people already had a rebel squad for EP. All p3 teams require some sort of mega grind and even then it's tough to have an amazing score. The zylo thing on p1 was far more disruptive because that was another phase where it was hard to pull down a big score. But this falls into a zylo camp, again, in thst it is heavily rng dependent and kind of tough to get to the topple. And in any competitive guild people will have killed most of the phase before you even start a good run. At least with zylo you can take it in chunks and you just have one toon to escape.
  • Clanomadd
    122 posts Member
    Forgive me if this has been said already, but I am not going to read all 39 pages of this thread.

If you ask me, it is perfectly believable and within lore that a small band of Jawas hiding in the rocks could disable and destroy a lone AAT. More especially if they had the expertise of Nute Gunray (having survived in an escape pod) providing intel on the tanks weaknesses.
  • KeyMan64x
    794 posts Member
    We meed new content! That's the solution here. Stop focusing on old easy stuff. HAAT can be finished by my guild in LESS THAN 1 hour...and this was BEFORE the Nutinni thing. Phase 1 can be finished in less than 2 minutes, by the way....there is no time for people to play games with Zylo.

EA needs to MOVE ON and give us new content. That's the ONLY proper solution. We are way past due for new content. HAAT has been out for 7+ months. It's old content. Ships were released in December I think. It's old content. Let's all move on and get some new freaking content. PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
  • TlMMEH
    60 posts Member
    Hiya Holotable Heroes!
    Recently, a way to do significant damage to the AAT in phases 2 and 4 of the Tank Takedown raid have been discovered in the community. While we always enjoy seeing different strategies formed by Players to use in the raids, this most recent discovery disrupts our intent for the Tank Takedown Raid, which is to work together as a guild to overcome normally insurmountable foes.
    We will be looking into this issue further this week and will announce any changes we plan to make. Cheers!

Is this unintended behavior targeted specifically at the Nute Combo, or does it include the Zylo p1 solo, and various Zader, Zody, Chirpatine, Rebel, and other teams that can post multi-millions in damage in various phases?
  • KeyMan64x
    794 posts Member
    Clanomadd wrote: »
    Forgive me if this has been said already, but I am not going to read all 39 pages of this thread.

If you ask me, it is perfectly believable and within lore that a small band of Jawas hiding in the rocks could disable and destroy a lone AAT. More especially if they had the expertise of Nute Gunray (having survived in an escape pod) providing intel on the tanks weaknesses.

Lol, that's pretty awesome! Well said!
  • PR01Zeus
    61 posts Member

TlMMEH wrote: »
    Hiya Holotable Heroes!
    Recently, a way to do significant damage to the AAT in phases 2 and 4 of the Tank Takedown raid have been discovered in the community. While we always enjoy seeing different strategies formed by Players to use in the raids, this most recent discovery disrupts our intent for the Tank Takedown Raid, which is to work together as a guild to overcome normally insurmountable foes.
    We will be looking into this issue further this week and will announce any changes we plan to make. Cheers!

Is this unintended behavior targeted specifically at the Nute Combo, or does it include the Zylo p1 solo, and various Zader, Zody, Chirpatine, Rebel, and other teams that can post multi-millions in damage in various phases?

It's Nute I'm pretty sure Zody and Zader and Chirpatine don't do as much with so little gear and characters the Nute thing requires less characters and no zeta and chirpatine doesn't do as much damage although it would be funny if they were talking about some other unintended behavior and all this post did was show the devs about Nute. They already knew though
  • I still struggled with Team Nute today. I just think it sucks that a different team became exciting and is now being nerfed.
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    first time i hear the devs say something is broken
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    I understand their explanation in the announcement for what specifically the problem is. What I have trouble understanding is why Kylo Ren soloing phase 1 is considered low priority. This tactic has been abused for a long time by many people and helped lower level guilds get through the raid. It took the devs just 1 or 2 days to fix Nute, which makes me wonder why some other bugs have existed for so long.

• Sfortune
    83 posts Member
    Congrats complainers. Sounds like we may be getting a universal nerf.
  • ajh6037
    22 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    I understand the logic that "The Heroic Tier of any Raid should be difficult and require players to have a broad roster to overcome the challenge." https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/112414/this-is-nute-the-leader-ability-you-re-looking-for But then why did it take so long to fix Zader for the H Rancor?
  • indyflip
    30 posts Member
    Can I get my 3 omegas refunded?
  • sjkerhfgdjhd
    1009 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Mzee wrote: »
    I understand their explanation in the announcement for what specifically the problem is. What I have trouble understanding is why Kylo Ren soloing phase 1 is considered low priority. This tactic has been abused for a long time by many people and helped lower level guilds get through the raid. It took the devs just 1 or 2 days to fix Nute, which makes me wonder why some other bugs have existed for so long.

Probably because it did require a zeta, and gear 11, and because the first phase has much lower health than the others. Also, it doesn't disrupt the whale guilds that are the primary source of cash, as it takes a long time and a lot of battles to do a Zylo solo. Also, people will still be able to do a Zylo solo after the fix, it will just take twice as long because you will have to retreat every time the escape fails on the first try.

Edit, probably also because they really didn't want to do a nerf when they said they wouldn't, until Nute kind of forced their hand. Because after looking at various other abilities I have to agree that what was happening with Nute was in fact WAI and the change is a nerf, not a bug fix.
  • Aarcher
    138 posts Member
    Gotta say this is pretty annoying that Nute is targeted and 'fixed' in 3 days when Zader broke the Rancor for months and Zylo breaks phase 1 for months....

Not really understanding this at all.
    942-122-371
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    It's great Kylo is getting nerfed too

Can you consider reworking nute so he isn't back to being an entirely worthless toon? Or give him a great ship so there is some purpose for gearing him?
  • ABNRAS
    564 posts Member
    A gear 6 toon shouldn't what?? Where's Chirpa? Come here you cute little guy. WHy stop with zylo? Burn it down! LOL
  • Asic wrote: »

Can you consider reworking nute so he isn't back to being an entirely worthless toon? Or give him a great ship so there is some purpose for gearing him?

A separatist rework would be nice. Maybe with release of the armadillo droid.
  • gorki
    31 posts Member
    Pathetic
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    Asic wrote: »

A separatist rework would be nice. Maybe with release of the armadillo droid.

Droideka I think you mean and yes agree.
  • Morgolta
    8 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Wohoo *gives out somewonderful wookie cookies*

I like that simple solution, that doesn't affect any other heroic squad :) Thanks a lot
  • Clanomadd wrote: »

This is absolutely true. Agile and light dismounted infantry are a tank's worst enemy.
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • OK so they nerf nute, nerf jawa, nerf zylo...

Can we nerf clones and Droids and resistance too?

Honestly it would be great if damage was capped at 1% max per player per phase.

Then we will finally have something that's WAI because no one will be able to beat the raid and we will all have to buy the gear to level up out toons with diamonds. That's the intent of haat, it's just another catch 22 pay wall.

Feel the greed
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    OK so they nerf nute, nerf jawa, nerf zylo...

Can we nerf clones and Droids and resistance too?

Honestly it would be great if damage was capped at 1% max per player per phase

Then we will finally have something that's WAI because no one will be able to beat the raid and we will all have to buy the gear to level up out toons with diamonds. That's the intent of haat, it's just another catch 22 pay wall.

Feel the greed
    No guild could finish p1 then let alone the raid.
    1% x 50 = 50%
  • mossi
    6 posts Member
    Lots of leaders provide turn meter on AOE and assists. HK, wedge...... if they had to nerf Nute the others must be broken also.

I think it was brilliant game plays and they should have left nute alone.