On a serious note, thank you

Prev1
js4
129 posts Member
edited May 2017
On a serious note (you won't get very many of them from me), regarding the whole nute-related fix, I'd really like to thank you on behalf of all long term players in this game for addressing the bug IMMEDIATELY instead of sitting on it for days/weeks. I really do hope this is a sign of better QA and faster response to game-changing/strategy-shifting bugs. Let the haters hate, it's much better to be doing this now than to let this slide for a month while everyone maxes out nute et al to stay with the competitive curve then taking it away. Props

Replies

• And thanks for the forthcoming response on the recent modgate too.
  • E00N
    147 posts Member
    when "repair" escape reset by Kylo.. than bb my Visa to EA/CG
  • PearlJam
    72 posts Member
    Ok save your I'd like to thank you on behalf of all long term players speech. Not all long term players will agree with you. Some will, some won't. I for one don't.
  • tkl
    295 posts Member
    PearlJam wrote: »
    Ok save your I'd like to thank you on behalf of all long term players speech. Not all long term players will agree with you. Some will, some won't. I for one don't.

+1
  • PearlJam wrote: »

+1
  • This is a poor display of inequity. Bad for the developers image all around. Quite sad.
  • Smack
    36 posts Member
    js4 wrote: »
    On a serious note (you won't get very many of them from me), regarding the whole nute-related fix, I'd really like to thank you on behalf of all long term players in this game for addressing the bug IMMEDIATELY instead of sitting on it for days/weeks. I really do hope this is a sign of better QA and faster response to game-changing/strategy-shifting bugs. Let the haters hate, it's much better to be doing this now than to let this slide for a month while everyone maxes out nute et al to stay with the competitive curve then taking it away. Props

+1
  • tkl
    295 posts Member
    @js4 ur troll posts are not that bad but could use a little work
  • Barmuka_1
    602 posts Member
    E00N wrote: »
    when "repair" escape reset by Kylo.. than bb my Visa to EA/CG

+1
  • He's thanking them for their improved communication? Why would you all disagree with that? They told us they'd be nerfing it within 8 hours, on a Sunday. In the past we'd have heard nothing for a week then a change would come and people would have spent that week farming and levelling those characters... Massive improvement, and communication has been improving steadily in recent weeks. Great to see it.
  • js4
    129 posts Member

I'm confused, you're appreciative of the historically long wait for bug fixes?
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member

On behalf? Ok bro.

635776302422523799-579945347_im-in-a-frat-o.gif

• PearlJam
    72 posts Member

It's the lack of consistency regarding communication from the devs to the community is my biggest issue. My main point though regarding OP post was don't lump all long term players into your own opinion. I'm a long term players and don't agree with everything you say.
  • js4 wrote: »

Long term player, Jan 2016. I totally hate the way they delt with nute. Don't think to speak for all of us. Many of my guild feel the same, some are day 1 players. We have haat on farm also.
  • @js4

I agree. Swifter action taken is better.
  • Calbion
    140 posts Member
    While I appreciate them fixing these issues, there is a lot to be desired as a consistent process is lacking.

We have had various issues such as the challenge bug and now the credit bug exploited with little acknowledge past the acknowledgment of it being a big.

Any topic then based on these issues are moved to the bugs forum away from the main communities eyes. Frankly this looks bad and sends the wrong message to the community. It's a sure fire way to lose our respect.
  • Barhebraeus
    620 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    DarthMauly wrote: »
    He's thanking them for their improved communication? Why would you all disagree with that? They told us they'd be nerfing it within 8 hours, on a Sunday. In the past we'd have heard nothing for a week then a change would come and people would have spent that week farming and levelling those characters... Massive improvement, and communication has been improving steadily in recent weeks. Great to see it.
    +1

Most didn't think nute was a bug, but a great strategy that didn't need fixing. There was a poll, and by like 85% to 15% to keep nute as is.
  • @js4 don't ever speak for all of something. Your a giant butt kissing troll, this fix was not wanted or needed. I and many other long term players completely disagree. Speak for yourself.
  • "Addressing" does not mean correcting. They addressed geargate, protection, mods, and pre-crafting, and I'm not exactly joyous with the outcome of any of those.
    Intergalactic space slugs are recruiting. Pm me if interested in entering the slug life. ~°° ♡

Most didn't think nute was a bug, but a great strategy that didn't need fixing.

You can't really keep a straight face when you say that. Why would anyone think that soloing any part of a guild raid (that requires maxed toons, deep rosters, guild cooperation) is working as intended? That's simply ignorant. Of course they don't want people to solo any raid. Rancor is different, that raid was pre-mods and pre-zetas, it's out of date. Power creep avalanche killed Rancor.
  • I agree with GlitterOutlaw.

Most didn't think nute was a bug, but a great strategy that didn't need fixing.

You can't really keep a straight face when you say that. Why would anyone think that soloing any part of a guild raid (that requires maxed toons, deep rosters, guild cooperation) is working as intended? That's simply ignorant. Of course they don't want people to solo any raid. Rancor is different, that raid was pre-mods and pre-zetas, it's out of date. Power creep avalanche killed Rancor.

According to all the save nute topics on Reddit, yes, the majority thought so
  • Muaddib
    563 posts Member
    ...I'd really like to thank you on behalf of all long term players in this game for addressing the bug IMMEDIATELY instead of sitting on it for days/weeks.....

I guess you missed the part where NRAJ mentioned they'd known about the bug for a very long time but didn't address it because it wasn't a huge issue (because Nute was generally a terrible toon before lugo dug up this strategy) because no one was using him.
    That said, I'm all for swift action. There is another certain issue from this weekend I'm keen to hear more about soon in fact. B)
  • ABNRAS
    564 posts Member
    Muaddib wrote: »
    ...I'd really like to thank you on behalf of all long term players in this game for addressing the bug IMMEDIATELY instead of sitting on it for days/weeks.....

I guess you missed the part where NRAJ mentioned they'd known about the bug for a very long time but didn't address it because it wasn't a huge issue (because Nute was generally a terrible toon before lugo dug up this strategy) because no one was using him.
    That said, I'm all for swift action. There is another certain issue from this weekend I'm keen to hear more about soon in fact. B)

You believed that?
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    Best developer.. EVER!! :smiley:
  • pharp1010 wrote: »
    @js4 don't ever speak for all of something. Your a giant butt kissing troll, this fix was not wanted or needed. I and many other long term players completely disagree. Speak for yourself.

He's egomaniacal, he can't.
  • Muaddib
    563 posts Member
    ABNRAS wrote: »

You believed that?

Did you do a search? Because people have been talking about his leader ability being bugged for a year or more. It just didn't make a team seem better till now.