Death trooper grenade

BrtStlnd
1094 posts Member
I've been running the new trooper rework in GW a lot the last couple weeks and death trooper's grenade does not remove all debuffs. At first I figured it was dodging or resisting but it misses even when neither of those things happen.

Replies

  • crzydroid
    4534 posts Moderator
    Some characters gain buffs upon taking damage, so he could've removed something that came right back. What was the enemy team comp?
  • Vertigo
    4352 posts Member
    crzydroid wrote: »
    Some characters gain buffs upon taking damage, so he could've removed something that came right back. What was the enemy team comp?

    Most likely this. Dispels happen before damage in this game (It's one of the very few things that is actually consistent across all characters). Many characters then gain buffs/effects after receiving damage or critical damage. If you remove GK's taunt with DT's grenade for example, it will dispel his taunt, and all other current buffs (unless it is dodged) on any enemy, and then it will deal damage. If it deals critical damage to anyone on the team GK's unique will give them crit immunity and he will taunt again. Because the dispel happens before the damage, the effects that occur from damage will happen after the dispel and make it appear as though not all buffs were removed.
  • Vertigo wrote: »
    crzydroid wrote: »
    Some characters gain buffs upon taking damage, so he could've removed something that came right back. What was the enemy team comp?

    Most likely this. Dispels happen before damage in this game (It's one of the very few things that is actually consistent across all characters). Many characters then gain buffs/effects after receiving damage or critical damage. If you remove GK's taunt with DT's grenade for example, it will dispel his taunt, and all other current buffs (unless it is dodged) on any enemy, and then it will deal damage. If it deals critical damage to anyone on the team GK's unique will give them crit immunity and he will taunt again. Because the dispel happens before the damage, the effects that occur from damage will happen after the dispel and make it appear as though not all buffs were removed.

    yH9J87y.gif
  • jpi5k
    15 posts Member
    Yes, this has happened to me when facing General Kenobi specifically. I do believe Death Trooper is bugged however because I've had Rebels resist being stunned during the double tap despite already having daze applied.
  • Vertigo
    4352 posts Member
    jpi5k wrote: »
    Yes, this has happened to me when facing General Kenobi specifically. I do believe Death Trooper is bugged however because I've had Rebels resist being stunned during the double tap despite already having daze applied.

    The Stun and Daze are not unresistable, even against rebels. Both debuffs can be resisted.
  • BrtStlnd
    1094 posts Member
    It's failed to remove the chaze multitude of HoTs many times. I would assume those should go away unless I'm missing some unique (there are just too many between the two to keep track of).
  • BrtStlnd
    1094 posts Member
    crzydroid wrote: »
    Some characters gain buffs upon taking damage, so he could've removed something that came right back. What was the enemy team comp?

    The issue seems to happen more with baze and chirrut.
Sign In or Register to comment.