The Perfect Guide for the Perfect Start

Replies

• nice @MistSaint :)
    yeah my advice to anyone would be to hoard enough so you can get past lvl50 and into mod stage ahead of most in your shard. gonna do that on my next account for sure.

I was not able to keep top10 with my hoard account for more than 2 days due to influx of spenders
    good luck!
  • @Lekrom1982 I'm hoping with around 15k I can get to 60. You can't really spend your way to top in fleet. If I can break 60 that first day and hold top 5 in arena for just a few days, I think I'll be good. The 4000 crystals lets me buy a Baze or DN and do.a few extra refreshes.

Add my knowledge of previous mistakes and a little luck to get dropped in below 500 and I'll be a happy man.i wouldn't even have tried this if it weren't for 4x speed. I have ALOT of battles ahead of me.
  • Anyone know where the shard is at now?
  • Can you be put in a shard on a guest account? If so, it might serve me well to level a guest account to 28 to find out first.
  • @Billcarson66 my hoard account discussed above is still on "guest account" status - need to link it to a Play account still. So yes, you can
  • @Lekrom1982 Thanks for confirming that...I'm either going live this Thursday or next. I'll run a guest acct to 28 first to test the waters
  • @Billcarson66 I can tell you right now you are not going to be able to hit 60 on day one, unless you have amassed an ungodly amount of SIM tickets.
  • @MistSaint I accept the challenge. I will be moving to third shift when I go live. I will be awake at 8 pm and have to stay up all night(my new day) til my son comes over 12 hours later. 12 hrs and 4x speed....I'll get them done.
  • Are any of these starting chromium pulls worthwhile?
    • Stormtrooper Han
    • Qui Gon Jin
    • Aayla Secura
  • Rifter
    47 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    @MistSaint I accept the challenge. I will be moving to third shift when I go live. I will be awake at 8 pm and have to stay up all night(my new day) til my son comes over 12 hours later. 12 hrs and 4x speed....I'll get them done.

Can you let us know when you do this so I don't end up on the same server against you? lul. What a nightmare, even P2P will have trouble dealing with you with that much prep and hoard.

Incidentally, a new server went live less than a week ago or so, I would think of scouting with an account sooner rather than later as a new server is set to open within the week id imagine.

Totally not telling you this out of self interest or anything. nope nope.

@Azurebane Out of those, STH or Aayla

However if you're really wanting to min/max, Ackbar is the best initial chromium pull. Unlocks at 4* and is farmed using the same currency as STH, who unlocks at 3*. You don't get his shards from fleet events until 50+, which will take a week or two to hit without an extreme amount of hoarding.

Hes also invaluable for GW @ 40 and makes a great support addition to a rebel arena squad until mid 60's. Plus he helps you meet various Rebel necessary criteria.
  • @MistSaint

I went live last night. Since they aren't announcing anything about Thursday, I started a little early because I want to fully participate in whatever may be planned.

I started hoarding January 8th. Final stats:

Cantina 2646
    Reg energy 14,630
    Crystals 4094
    Credits 8.2 million

I got in at a bad time. Rank 17,572

MistSaint, I concede the challenge. Even at 4x speed, I'll never be able to grind all this out. 12 hours in(I am doing other stuff at the same time), I'm level 39 with 11,962 energy left. This is probably a failed experiment as the top guus have Baze, Jyn, DN, SIT, etc....The highest level guy is 47 with top spot at level 45. I could reach mods before these guys, but I won't have the OP toons. No one has any Phoenix, but they aren't good anyways.

All the hoarding in the world can't beat the whales. I'm 8024!in arena now and I haven't bought a refresh yet. My payout is in a little more than three hours away. My crystals have actually increased to 4300 and I've bought some sim tickets.

I'll post my final results.
  • Anyone else try loading into the new shard?
  • Rifter
    47 posts Member
    @MistSaint

I went live last night. Since they aren't announcing anything about Thursday, I started a little early because I want to fully participate in whatever may be planned.

aww **** dude. Shoulda just given it a few days to roll on a new server! :( i was hoping to read about your dominance.
  • Izza
    85 posts Member
    @Billcarson66 **** mate, that sucks!

I went live this morning and got placed at rank 4. I noted one other player there who is either a fellow hoarder or a whale.
  • @Izza You can tell if he was a hoarder if he has Phoenix or not. I had yesterday off of work. I would have waited a week, but I wanted to participate in whatever was planned for the 25th too. That's a shame. Good for you tho. If I can get to mods before them, i can maybe be top ten.

If after a week or so, I have no luck, I will just aboandon it. My main is more important to me. I'm only down the $5 starter pack in that. Once I burn through my 4K crystals, I'll reevaluate. I can buy a Baze with that easily and match them.
  • Izza
    85 posts Member
    @Billcarson66 You're spot on there. There is one hoarder, plus at least one whale.

BTW, you should spend some crystals on arena refreshes to get up there.
  • So, I am new to the game. Just played it today. I followed the guide and on my 3rd reroll I got Lando. Is he still good as my first chromium pull? Or should I reroll?
  • @I bought two yesterday, will do two or three(depending on if I unlock Vader today) and a couple over the weekend. By Memorial Day I should be top20 at least. Especially if I beat these guys to mods.
  • mhadzer wrote: »
    So, I am new to the game. Just played it today. I followed the guide and on my 3rd reroll I got Lando. Is he still good as my first chromium pull? Or should I reroll?

Very good as you need scoundrels early. There are better ones, but I'd roll with that. I got Barriss.
  • I see, thank you. I created another account and got Poe this time. I think I will reroll again. But I will keep the account with Lando.
  • @Billcarson66 sorry to hear about your shard age. I think you can still hold top10 for a while if you hit LvL50 by tomorrow or the day after? Especially given double drops?

@mhadzer I would roll with Lando - he's still leading my hoard acc arena team at LvL 73. Plus then you can use cantina energy to farm another toon than Lando who you would have focused on first.
  • @Lekrom1982 I know...if I wasn't 4 1-2 months in I'd try again. But I have over 4000 crystals and Baze is now 50 crystal a shard, so I think it's totally doable. I won my first GW. On my main, I didn't win one in the first month, and I have the Phoenix ships, which will help.

Like I said, I'll he how high I get when my crystals run out. If I can't stay top 20, I'll abandon it.i got plenty to do with my main.
  • I hear you @Billcarson66
    Those phoenix ships do help when you get into ships - still using mine for now (working on their replacements). Make sure you get all the Phoenix squad to G6 L50 to boost ship power.
  • @Lekrom1982 They do well in GW. I unlocked Vader today and got to level 45. I have 6775 energy left. I think I can hit 50 by double drop mod days. Problem is, everyone going forward bought Shore, or a bunch of chromiums and have Wedge....It will be interesting to see if anyone comes on the forums wondering if someone cheated on a May '17 shard level 45 running Vader under a Tarkin lead.
  • LOL @Billcarson66 - let me know how Tarkin's rework does for you. I think Vader shines under a Palp lead but you have some ways to go to get him. What's your arena rank now?
  • @Lekrom1982 Right now I'm 81 with 3 hours and 4 fights til payout. Not gonna buy a refresh today as I will only hit level 48. Tomorrow I'll hit 50 and get mods. Once I get my team modded, I'll push for one. I'm not gonna up his abilities as I will get Boba tomorrow.

I'll run Lando, Boba, Vader, Barris, and StHan(who I will also unlock tomorrow).

While it's bad I got in late on a shard, I've been able to take full advantage of this series of events. It won't make up for the advantage I would have had being 20+ levels ahead of everyone, it will be nice mod farming with over 1k cantina energy.
  • Lekrom1982
    343 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    @Billcarson66 yeah best to also buy those 3x 100 cantina refreshes once you spent it (as you're above cap for refreshes). I am planning on splurging lots on the mods on both accounts on Saturday and Monday. Good luck with reaching #1...

there's always hope to catch up later. on my main account I am ending up sub100 for first time with regularity after starting over 3000 with poor strategy initially.

on my hoard acc I am now pushing towards top25 now that I have made my Boba and Han super fast under Lando - some more good mods in this weekend and I can push them to fastest in the shard.

I am finding a surprising power combo in Lando, Han, Boba, Palp and QGJ, even though Vader just went G9 the AI doesn't play well with him on defense. So I would switch him in there for specific teams (take out QGJ) but play against Chaze with QGJ and play last battle with him and I can hold within 5 of my rank on defense.
  • Izza
    85 posts Member
    So I got to L43 with my stacked energy (some 5k total). Two days in, and my top 10 is filled with whales running Chaze, Imperial Troopers, Sith and whatnot. I can take #1 at payout, not sure if I'll be able to keep it up though.
  • @Izza Nice! I face the same thing. #1 has a 7* DN. I'm at 47 with all my battle to go today. I hit level 48 this morning. I need to get to 50 by tomorrow. I have 2500 energy left so it will definitlely happen.

Yea...shores, bazes, troopers everywhere.
  • Izza
    85 posts Member
    @Billcarson66 Get to those mods first my man, and you'll be right on top!