Tarkin + Empire Review = Don't Waste Your Zeta

Replies

• The problem is that he is so squishy. He needs a health buff
  • Has his fleet ship been tweaked at all?
  • bitmoji
    143 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Retribution for reinforcements is a fairly big deal. Cool down AOE fixed which is like a buff. Tarkin getting more ability slots should also boost ship via crew power.
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    Josh_K wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/VwjSCIEuMqc

Liking this comp a lot. Will see how it holds overnight.

How many stars and gear does Krennic need to be? Assuming all others maxed
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Lugo wrote: »
    Try Dk lead, Tarkin, DT, TFP, and SnowT

Give tarkin 250+ speed "make him the fastest"
    TFP 250+ speed "make sure he has less then tarkin" give him lots of crit rate and potency.
    Rest with 200+ speed but not more then TFP.
    Have Tarkin use Intimidation Tactics debuff all
    Then have TFP use aoe and buff immu all. Any crits will apply ability block as well.

With this as starting set up you can keep all ability locked for 3 turns and buff immu for 2.

The only problem is 250+ still can't win against Jedi. Tarkin rework is bad in arena, he is just OK as a non leader, if he is carried by other characters. If you can't win against all on offense, the rework is bad.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • SpeedRacer
    1037 posts Member
    No offense here, but i'm still trying to understand what's the trick on you guys shard. Your nihilus or DT going first before enemy rex or chirrut? That doesn't reflect how things are on arena, i mean your whole squad goes first and rex leadership seems useless? Maybe you just recorded the very best rng fight.

Saw tons of videos, even from my guild mates and none of them with tarkin comps are even close to beat the triple cleanse meta.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    SpeedRacer wrote: »
    No offense here, but i'm still trying to understand what's the trick on you guys shard. Your nihilus or DT going first before enemy rex or chirrut? That doesn't reflect how things are on arena, i mean your whole squad goes first and rex leadership seems useless? Maybe you just recorded the very best rng fight.

Saw tons of videos, even from my guild mates and none of them with tarkin comps are even close to beat the triple cleanse meta.

I may have to recant my previous statement. I was able to beat a Rex lead triple cleanse with proper speed mods with the same team posted in some videos in this thread. Zader, DN, DT, Gk, Tarkin. Even against a team where DT (my only cleanser other than DN) was ability blocked for 2 turns, preventing zader's dots sticking,I still won. The only problem is that is still has zero chance of beating QGZ jedi which means it is still worthless. Again, if you can't beat everyone for 1st on offense in arena, its a horrible rework.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • SpeedRacer wrote: »

I could see that. Most triple cleanse teams were built to deal with Zaul. Against Zaul, there's no going first, nor is there against zQGJ. So stacking speed above all else is less important, so I might sacrifice some speed for set bonuses and/or more appropriate primaries. If I were going to run one of these empire teams, having someone go first would be as important as the fastest Biggs was back in the Wiggs meta, so I would stack every bit of speed I could on the person I wanted to go first, screw the set/primaries.
  • DarthTaral wrote: »
    Release Grand Admiral Thrawn and give him a unique cleansing ability that also simultaneously removes Buff's from enemy toons. Problem solved.

And it procs every turn, regenerating protection! :P
  • Moicaliss
    992 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    @SnakesOnAPlane

It's obvious that Tarkin lead work whit veers and troopers....defense down and expose...

I know that's not arena; but i have clean my gw whit this setup: Tarkin, veers, dt, snow, tfp

Tarkin g9, veers, g10, dt g9, snow g11, tfp g11
    Modded poorly

For tarkin to work, you must think outside the box

No zeta on my team and not full omega
  • Jedi_Reach_
    1337 posts Member
    BulYwif wrote: »
    Still seems trash. Big surprise. Dark side needs a good cleanser.

Cleansers are part of Lights side since light side represents the defense, so more buffs, cleanse but less debuffs.
    Dark side are the bad guys who puts a lot of debuffs but not a lot of buffs. They're offensive and don't need any cleanse. It's not the strategy of the dark side to protect themselves, this is why I don't think there will be any group cleanser in the dark side.
    While I agree on that design philosophy, this is a game, and cleansers are a huge part of the game's balance. Dark side needs cleansers.
  • BrtStlnd
    1094 posts Member

Cleansers are part of Lights side since light side represents the defense, so more buffs, cleanse but less debuffs.
    Dark side are the bad guys who puts a lot of debuffs but not a lot of buffs. They're offensive and don't need any cleanse. It's not the strategy of the dark side to protect themselves, this is why I don't think there will be any group cleanser in the dark side.
    While I agree on that design philosophy, this is a game, and cleansers are a huge part of the game's balance. Dark side needs cleansers.

They either need a cleanser or at least some debuffs that are immune to being cleansed.
  • Jedi_Reach_
    1337 posts Member
    BrtStlnd wrote: »

They either need a cleanser or at least some debuffs that are immune to being cleansed.
    Good idea, particularly the latter.
  • RAYRAY wrote: »

I may have to recant my previous statement. I was able to beat a Rex lead triple cleanse with proper speed mods with the same team posted in some videos in this thread. Zader, DN, DT, Gk, Tarkin. Even against a team where DT (my only cleanser other than DN) was ability blocked for 2 turns, preventing zader's dots sticking,I still won. The only problem is that is still has zero chance of beating QGZ jedi which means it is still worthless. Again, if you can't beat everyone for 1st on offense in arena, its a horrible rework.

Oh wow, this is an absurd standard to hold reworked characters and new releases
  • Moicaliss wrote: »
    @SnakesOnAPlane

It's obvious that Tarkin lead work whit veers and troopers....defense down and expose...

I know that's not arena; but i have clean my gw whit this setup: Tarkin, veers, dt, snow, tfp

Tarkin g9, veers, g10, dt g9, snow g11, tfp g11
    Modded poorly

For tarkin to work, you must think outside the box

No zeta on my team and not full omega

But why is there a need to think outside of the box in Arena? There isn't. Just brute force and OP toons and we are all good to. ;)
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    RAYRAY wrote: »

I'm running Tarkin but I didn't even know it was possible to lose to ZQGJ teams. Do you even have any in your top 30 that don't hack? We have one but he hacks. It's hilarious. ZQGJ yoda Anakin Lumi and Gun Di.

Just a note Tarkin doesn't need his zeta's. But he needs mods. Tarkin in the new whale meta. If you don't have a couple sets of mod lying around 20 or 25 speed faster than your opponent then he is pretty beatable.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member

How is it absurd? The AI in this game is laughably bad on defense, so of course someone like reworked Tarkin should be able to win against every team on offense.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    BrtStlnd wrote: »

A cleanser with unique mechanics like Zavage would be greatly appreciated for the Empire faction.
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    As for beating zQGJ just put in B2 and hit auto
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • tRRRey wrote: »

How is it absurd? The AI in this game is laughably bad on defense, so of course someone like reworked Tarkin should be able to win against every team on offense.

Every team has weaknesses though. I run zQGJ and sometimes I'll lose to a full first order team if the rng isn't in my favor. Does that mean my team is worthless? No, it's something I enjoy running and I can run it in top arena with the right team built around him
  • tRRRey wrote: »

Every team has weaknesses though. I run zQGJ and sometimes I'll lose to a full first order team if the rng isn't in my favor. Does that mean my team is worthless? No, it's something I enjoy running and I can run it in top arena with the right team built around him

Take out FOTP before everyone gets advantage and you're good.
  • bitmoji
    143 posts Member
    It is not absurd to hope, if not exactly expect, that these rework will result in arena viability. There are many precedents for this, and I can only think that CG has intentionally put the brakes on the viability of all new characters and character updates in recent months with narrow exceptions. What i don't quite understand is the underlying logic. Why was it acceptable for zaul to define a new meta lineup but not the trooper updates? Why r2? Why not Phoenix, the like 3000 dollar team?

• MadMalgusReturns
    670 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Lugo wrote: »
    Try Dk lead, Tarkin, DT, TFP, and SnowT

Give tarkin 250+ speed "make him the fastest"
    TFP 250+ speed "make sure he has less then tarkin" give him lots of crit rate and potency.
    Rest with 200+ speed but not more then TFP.
    Have Tarkin use Intimidation Tactics debuff all
    Then have TFP use aoe and buff immu all. Any crits will apply ability block as well.

With this as starting set up you can keep all ability locked for 3 turns and buff immu for 2.

I could set that up. I can zeta 3 abilities as well. Don't know if it's worth it though. What ability does AI Tarkin use first?

Just checked, it's intimidation tactics
  • DarthTaral wrote: »
    Release Grand Admiral Thrawn and give him a unique cleansing ability that also simultaneously removes Buff's from enemy toons. Problem solved.
    Suggestion:

Grand Admiral Thrawn

Superior Tactics (Unique)
    While this unit is active, all Empire and Imperial Trooper allies gain 30% Offense, and whenever they inflict damage on an enemy with Tenacity Up, dispel the buff and inflict Ability Block. Whenever an ally scores a Critical Hit, dispel all debuffs from that ally and apply Heal Over Time for 2 turns.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member

Getting buffed and removing debuffs = LS.

Giving debuffs and removing buffs = DS.

But, that is not true. LS Buffs, cleanses and removes buffs.

DS debuffs.

There is a disparity here. Not only does LS perform more functions, they have plug and play toons...GK, R2D2, Chaze...

DS gets Nihilus but nearly every high-end LS player will run Chaze and Nihilus, most likely under a Rex lead w/ the only difference being the 5th member...most likely GK.

DS can't hope to combat it, regardless of comp.

If u wanna beat that, u run zQGJ, Aayla, Ezra, GK, R2D2...wait, those r LS as well.
  • MayAddy622 wrote: »
    Has his fleet ship been tweaked at all?

Yrs it now gives retribution instead of potency
  • BulYwif wrote: »

This happens in other games with this simple view of good / evil - dark side like EP get lesser stats to balance that out - but LS heroes with cleanse / ten up don't - so when no one can inflict debuffs (good because they don't have them and bad cause LS is immune) than it's a stat battle...but guess which side loses a stat battle when their stats are balanced down because of having powerful debuffs. Ten up probably shouldn't be 100% and cleanse is to plentiful on characters that are overloaded with skills.
  • SpeedRacer
    1037 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Just saw another video of new ahsoka and its **** op!!

Really don't understand why devs deceive us so much with this empire talk, they always release another better rebel toon to overshadow.

So far after rework, tarkin and veers/troopers are just another GW toons. Yes they can be usefull on raids but we already have lots of combinations squads to fight there.
    Post edited by SpeedRacer on
  • the update on tarkin was way beyond disappointing.

now, they even decided to release the new op ahsoka. but, i'm keeping my hopes up & try to use him later in the pit. i'll see if w/ his potency stacking, he'll be able to ensure a 20% tmr every hit w/ zeta vader in the lead. i'll stick in tfp & dooku to double up on maximized potency toons.

still, to ea & the devs, it's way too disappointing.

:disappointed:
  • @SnakesOnAPlane is right. Tarkin is a dud, and doesnt work in arena. He's still not fast enough, and his AOE is very very weak in comparison to others. takign 3-4 turns to set up a 10K AOE is awful. Many characters hit for more than 10K on basic.
    Tarkin dies fast too. But with all the cleanse and tenacity up, the rest of your team can't do anything anyway so there's no chance. Maybe the problem is with Tarkin, maybe it's with Chaze. Either way, not arena relevant.