First Ever Perfect, Truly Arena-Breaking Team Incoming?

13Next

Replies

• ProximaB1_
    1093 posts Member
    Given the potential for Luke to finally be in the game, and with what heroes we have in the game at this time, I believe we have the real possibility to actually break arena and have the first perfect team. Please note I do not think arena has ever been truly fully broken where there was one perfect team that was unbeatable at a 60% rate or higher. Even Poe had counters, but they were very uncommon.

Let's assume Luke is released and let's also project the following:

1. He has a tremendous leader skill (cause why not it's Luke) that covers at least Jedi and Rebels and is considered among the best leaders in the game if not the best
    2. He has great ability generally as a character (again, Luke)
    3. He has buddy synergy with R2 (maybe the lowest chance of these 3, but possible)

Given those assumptions, what comp is going to stand a chance against the following team:

Luke (L) buffing rebels and Jedi with great leaer skill and bringing a nasty overall kit with Chaze-like synergy with R2
    R2Z2 - pushing out sizable health and offense to rebels and Jedi
    Chaze - what perfect team wouldn't involve Chaze right?
    GK - Mr. do it all - elite arena stud - 2nd highest usage on GG

What's beating that theoretical comp aside from a mirror team or a team that also features that same core of heroes?

He will probably have synergy with old Ben which would be cool to bring old Ben back into arena.
  • Luke will be given at 3*...pay to upgrade. That's my guess anyway.

You're wrong. He will be released from a event like Yoda, Palpatene and R2. Period! How do I know this you may ask? Because Jedi Luke is iconic. Yoda, Palpatene and R2 are iconic. It make more sense that the most iconic toons in the game have been released this way and will continue to be released this way.

Which factions will be needed you may be also asking yourself?The answer is quite obvious...it's gonna be the Sith Faction. You have 6 months to get them ready. Jedi Luke is coming on the release of Epsode 8. Mark my words, this is exactly how and when he will become available in the game.

Vader is iconic. Han Solo is iconic. Princess Leia is iconic. Achievement reward, Raid reward, Arena shop.

As far as the faction, that doesn't make a ton of sense. The other factions all had a connection to the character -- for Yoda, he trained Jedi, for Palpatine, the rebels brought about his downfall, for R2, the empire was trying to capture him to reclaim the plans. The only sith who were after the iconic versions of Jedi Luke (ESB or ROTJ) were Palp and Vader. He was far more hunted by empire than by sith.

+1000000
  • STRIKEBOMB
    1232 posts Member
    Grievous rework will destroy that team
  • xReDeMpx wrote: »
    I'm still waiting for darkside to catch up in toon viability and synergy like the light side toons...

Darkside has no chaze
    Darkside has no GK
    Darkside has no R2

All toons who are plug and play and all but R2 have already been present in multiple meta.

I would prefer holding off on luke until darkside gets some actual toons to be able to plug and play with synergy.

Closest thing darkside has is

DN
    Palp

Wait for episode 8... im thinking there is alot of evil coming our way...
  • ZephimyrAC wrote: »
    xReDeMpx wrote: »
    I'm still waiting for darkside to catch up in toon viability and synergy like the light side toons...

Darkside has no chaze
    Darkside has no GK
    Darkside has no R2

All toons who are plug and play and all but R2 have already been present in multiple meta.

I would prefer holding off on luke until darkside gets some actual toons to be able to plug and play with synergy.

Closest thing darkside has is

DN
    Palp

Wait for episode 8... im thinking there is alot of evil coming our way...

You mean the resistance? I can see them being the new rebels, maybe. FO definately not. They are bad. Disney doesn't like bad people. Or at least the devs.
  • To everyone out there who thinks luke isn't a leader he helped leia and they lead the rebellion together with the help of han and in the expended universe he rebuilt the jedi academy and he became a jedi master and lead a new generation of jedis so at least he could have a jedi leadership
  • To everyone out there who thinks luke isn't a leader he helped leia and they lead the rebellion together with the help of han and in the expended universe he rebuilt the jedi academy and he became a jedi master and lead a new generation of jedis so at least he could have a jedi leadership

I'm hoping his leader / unique is amazing for Jedi and he's more relevant to Jedi - I'd much rather run Jedi with lightsabers than be forced to build a lightside team with rebels. I think most would be happy if Jedi > semi-irrelevant Rebel duos.
  • If Yoda isn't lights out good why would Jedi Luke be? They seem to over power the less popular characters and rely on your love for the toon to spend on the well known ones.