The Policy on Cheaters

Replies

• Triqui wrote: »
    Richkhun wrote: »
    Arijit wrote: »
    Good news, one of the cheaters I reported was languishing around 50s today, other days he/she was taking rank 1. Thanks @CG_LucifersDaddy if you guys have caught the cheater. I will be on lookout for more cheaters. @Richkhun , sure you didint use any moded version - like unlawfully claiming 1st rank using one shots? or cheating in some form?

no i play on my IPhone and don't use any modded my ranking is 200+
    what a cheater???? T__T

They should have messages you sbout it.
    Contact customer support, they'll tell you

How to contact customer? please...
  • i was no cheater and i was banned today, what is a 4* mean to you? what's your programmer thinking?
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Customer support:
    https://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-contact-support-for-star-wars-galaxy-of-heroes/
    About some bans:
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/11366/ban-for-dart-vader#latest

It seems it has been a global ban.

If you think you have been banned without reason, contact Customer support. If you think you might know why you hsve been banned, specislly if it is relsted to Vader, I would not lose my time, as it seems EA's justice has been severe, swift and cold.

• Today I was permanent banned. But I do not know why. I used $1,458 for two months but i was banned also EA didn't know me why. If this was a problem Vader bug, I did't know that bug is a bug before someone tell me about Vader bug. also, i did't use Vader after i realize Vader bug.
    This process is to think that the EA clearly wrong. But EA was not well impose unilaterally, without any explanation about it, they had to suffer the criminal handling.
    In addition, there does not exist even South Korea forums. So I did not know such facts correctly. Because it has the greatest difficulty that I use the forum is in English because i can't speak English well.
    I didn't any wrong except Vader bug (even i didn't know that Vader bug is a bug), feels insulted in such a one-sided action. EA also is like a dictator.
    (This information was used the Google translator, so, I'm not sure about My opinion is that good delivery.)

오늘 나는 영구 정지를 당했다. 하지만 내가 왜 영구 정지를 당해야 하는지 모르겠다. 나는 2달동안 1,458달러를 사용했는데 아무런 이유도 듣지 못한채 정지를 당했다. 만약 베이더가 문제였다면, 나는 그것이 버그인지도 몰랐고 심지어 그것이 버그였었다는 사실을 알고 난후 사용하지도 않았다.
    베이더 버그는 그들이 버그라고 규명하기 전까지 나는 그게 버그인지 몰랐다.
    이러한 과정에는 분명 EA의 잘못도 있다고 생각한다. 하지만 EA는 그것에 대해 아무런 해명도 없이 일방적으로 잘 못을 강요하였고, 나는 범죄자 취급을 당해야 했다.
    또한, 남한에는 포럼조차 존재하지 않는다. 그래서 나는 그런 사실을 제대로 알 수가 없었다. 왜냐면 난 영어를 잘 못하기 때문에 내가 영어로 되어있는 포럼을 이용하는 것에는 큰 어려움이 있다.
    베이더에 관한 문제 외에는 어떤 잘 못도 하지않았고, 이런 일방적인 조치에 모욕감을 느낀다. EA는 마치 독재자 같다.
    (이 내용은 구글 번역기를 이용하였고, 정확하게 나의 뜻이 전달 되었는지 확신이 없다.)
  • ARSjack wrote: »
    Today I was permanent banned. But I do not know why. I used $1,458 for two months but i was banned also EA didn't know me why. If this was a problem Vader bug, I did't know that bug is a bug before someone tell me about Vader bug. also, i did't use Vader after i realize Vader bug.
    This process is to think that the EA clearly wrong. But EA was not well impose unilaterally, without any explanation about it, they had to suffer the criminal handling.
    In addition, there does not exist even South Korea forums. So I did not know such facts correctly. Because it has the greatest difficulty that I use the forum is in English because i can't speak English well.
    I didn't any wrong except Vader bug (even i didn't know that Vader bug is a bug), feels insulted in such a one-sided action. EA also is like a dictator.
    (This information was used the Google translator, so, I'm not sure about My opinion is that good delivery.)

오늘 나는 영구 정지를 당했다. 하지만 내가 왜 영구 정지를 당해야 하는지 모르겠다. 나는 2달동안 1,458달러를 사용했는데 아무런 이유도 듣지 못한채 정지를 당했다. 만약 베이더가 문제였다면, 나는 그것이 버그인지도 몰랐고 심지어 그것이 버그였었다는 사실을 알고 난후 사용하지도 않았다.
    베이더 버그는 그들이 버그라고 규명하기 전까지 나는 그게 버그인지 몰랐다.
    이러한 과정에는 분명 EA의 잘못도 있다고 생각한다. 하지만 EA는 그것에 대해 아무런 해명도 없이 일방적으로 잘 못을 강요하였고, 나는 범죄자 취급을 당해야 했다.
    또한, 남한에는 포럼조차 존재하지 않는다. 그래서 나는 그런 사실을 제대로 알 수가 없었다. 왜냐면 난 영어를 잘 못하기 때문에 내가 영어로 되어있는 포럼을 이용하는 것에는 큰 어려움이 있다.
    베이더에 관한 문제 외에는 어떤 잘 못도 하지않았고, 이런 일방적인 조치에 모욕감을 느낀다. EA는 마치 독재자 같다.
    (이 내용은 구글 번역기를 이용하였고, 정확하게 나의 뜻이 전달 되었는지 확신이 없다.)

Sigh. Hope thise that called a ban are happy.

• The people being banned today are not mod users, they are people who exploited the Vader bug, just in case others were wondering.....
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Mod users should get a worse punishment as they are blatant cheaters
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
  • Kevin_Green
    118 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    J0K3R wrote: »
    Mod users should get a worse punishment as they are blatant cheaters

I guess finding those is a bit more time/effort consuming than writing a few lines of code and running it.

Edit: but I do agree cheaters should get smacked harder than in-game loophole exploiters
    Say no to bugs! Geonosian ones
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    I have no clue how they can thoroughly find mod users. I dont get whats hard about it, though i bet it must be since it takes so long
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    @J0K3R
    Saw A C.o.C vid once where they could by using a mod prerun battles, and since that only happens on the cheaters device, it's impossible to track, and if some mod like this can be used in this game, it would give you the same benefit as the retreat in GW, but if the can see the game is used with another program, I don't think they can see if its something like bluestacks or a cheater emulator.
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Wazlinski
    359 posts Member
    edited February 2016

Sigh. Hope thise that called a ban are happy.

Only problem is someone has to delete their entire ally list (from full) and re add all 35, wash, rinse and repeat. It's a time intensive procedure that only did one thing, re state the achievement of getting allies. Over and over, no way this is "by accident".

John Wayne Gacy and Ted Bundy said they didn't really kill all of those people, it's just not right, evidence contradicting someone's written statement.

Still happy about the ban, except for those people who earned Vader to 5* without doing the exploit. So far, 1 I think according to their statement, contacting support should see this issue fixed, and hopefully a token gift of either energy or crystals for a false ban. Everyone else, that's life.
  • ...tap, tap... this thing on?

Sorry I haven't posted here in awhile. You all have been keeping me very busy with an inbox full of PvP cheaters every morning.

Nonetheless, we did something rather large yesterday on the exploit / cheater front... an official message is being approved and I will post just as soon as I can.

In the mean time I invite anyone with concerns about their accounts to first become familiar with our TOS http://www.ea.com/terms-of-service and then feel free to message me... I will get to you before the end of the week.

That's it... "official" message incoming...

LD
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    ...tap, tap... this thing on?

Sorry I haven't posted here in awhile. You all have been keeping me very busy with an inbox full of PvP cheaters every morning.

Nonetheless, we did something rather large yesterday on the exploit / cheater front... an official message is being approved and I will post just as soon as I can.

In the mean time I invite anyone with concerns about their accounts to first become familiar with our TOS http://www.ea.com/terms-of-service and then feel free to message me... I will get to you before the end of the week.

That's it... "official" message incoming...

LD

Thank u for ur hard work
  • OFFICIAL MESSAGE REGARDING RECENT ACTIONS TAKEN:

Greetings Heroes of the Galaxy!

We’ve recently taken action regarding players who repeatedly used an exploit to gain premium Crystals, Ally Points, and shards of Darth Vader. As noted in our Terms of Service (Sections 9 and 11), usage of cheats, hacks, or exploits can lead to your account being banned.

When we first discovered this exploit, we had hoped to find a way to sequester these players to their own leaderboard. The goal was to let them keep playing, but isolate them from the rest of the community who were playing by the rules.

However, as we keep adding features to the game, we were running into a problem where we would have to keep considering how to keep these players isolated. That development time would be taken directly from efforts to make the game bigger and better for the rest of the player population.

This conflict was brought into sharp relief yesterday. When we posted the update, we were seeing some of these people using their excess Darth Vader shards in the Shard Shop to launder those shards into other characters.

Rather than trying to find a way to deal with this activity, we decided to move to a ban.
    Since we hadn’t spelled out the above thought process, some people have asked how this action relates to prior communication.

In a previous message to the community on 1/7 we said:
    “We have decided to not ban these players, but will be taking additional action in the near future with these accounts.”
    Per the above, we decided to invest our development time in making the game better for legitimate players vs. spending more time accommodating people who used the exploit.

We understand that some players might be saying “I spent money. How can I be banned?” For us the answer is simple. The moment you decided to cheat or exploit the game, you accepted the risk of being banned. [Again this is in our terms of service: Sections 9 & 11]

Of course if you have any questions or concerns please send a private message, I am happy to help you to better understand just why this is occurring.

And as always please keep your tips coming in about possible cheaters and exploiters; we are having great success in clearing the leader-boards of violators.

LD
  • @CG_LucifersDaddy Thanks for clearing the air. That they had shards left after 7* Vader quite says something.

However, I see the two players I reported for possible using modded software and getting top 5 unlawfully are still playing in top 100. Both of them were active today and came in top 5. I thought you had taken care of them but they are still using modded software in Arena to beat players way above their reach. Please take action against them also.

Also please put a official warning for these players, as the above although touches the exploit/cheating stuff mainly concentrate on the Vader exploits.

Thanks
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    @CG_LucifersDaddy

Very reasonable explanation and more detailed than i expected, which is very appreciated

All the best in catching the other abusers who are way worse than the vader exploiters
  • Zetto
    178 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I applaud GC's treatment of cheaters. I'm sure this will be a good deterrent against any cheating in future.
  • Zetto wrote: »
    I applaud GC's treatment of cheaters. I'm sure this will be a good deterrent against any cheating in future.

Let us all hope so. By no means was this something we enjoyed, rather the opposite if truth be told, but it was needed.

Now let us all go forth and play the game as intended (...while ignoring our spouse and shrugging off our responsibilities.)
  • Zetto
    178 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Now let us all go forth and play the game as intended (...while ignoring our spouse and shrugging off our responsibilities.)
    Well, in your case playing this game IS your responsibility! Lucky SOB :blush: Although it might get tedious after a while, I guess :wink:

• Preemo_Magin
    1826 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    @CG_LucifersDaddy one question...how can these users avoid the shards being converted? At least my account didn't ask me what to convert and has no back button. Once you click on the shop icon there is no way back, escape or abort: that's how you designed this.

These actions seem to be like the Dark Ages death sentences. As I read this, dealing with them required work, and banning was just easier. Scapegoat and not honest about CG statement about not to banning them.

Also, what some users did in the Shard (which doesn't ask which char shard you want or do not want to convert), affects those that didn't even peak at the shop shards?

Also, they cannot not laundering anything - you have a log of how many shard each player had and their IDs. Nothing is lost and saving such a file takes 2 mins.

Good luck with your morals against "cheaters", your failure to keep your word and overall this effort to make those that used the in game bug look even worst that they deserve.

Congrats!
  • ARSjack
    5 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I don't want to argument more about Vader's thing. But EA had to know to people about Vader problem before they judged people. EA never warn to me about Vader's thing. also i didn't think that is bug. It was just EA opinion. If EA warned to me about Vader problem i would stop that. If EA want to judge people who use Vader's problem. EA have to pay back their money.
    In my side, EA steal my money. Because i spent $1,458 for 2months but i can't play more also EA never warn to me about anything.
  • ARSjack wrote: »
    I don't want to argument more about Vader's thing. But EA had to know people about Vader problem before they judged people. EA never warn to me about Vader's thing. also i didn't think that is bug. It was just EA opinion. If EA warned to me about Vader problem i would stop that. If EA want to judge people who use Vader's problem. EA have to pay back their money.
    In my side, EA steal my money. Because i spent $1,458 for 2months but i can't play more also EA never warn to me about anything.

I don't know the tos about bans, but you MIGHT be able to start a new account and just play the free way, that is if you want to. And they DID warn, I. E
    “We have decided to not ban these players, but will be taking additional action in the near future with these accounts.”

They said they will be taking additional action in near future, which of course can be anything which obviously includes bans. I'd understand the "anger" if the wording was "we decided we will not ban these players" not "we won't ban these players but expect further action in the future".

It means everything of saying they haven't banned the accounts at the time but there was no comment or promise that they wouldn't ban in future. It would suck for you, but it's like shop lifting or, eating food in a local shop, even if you shop there daily and/or spend a fortune.

Doing something wrong, albeit if you know or not doesn't stop people getting in trouble for it

• Wazlinski wrote: »
    ARSjack wrote: »
    I don't want to argument more about Vader's thing. But EA had to know people about Vader problem before they judged people. EA never warn to me about Vader's thing. also i didn't think that is bug. It was just EA opinion. If EA warned to me about Vader problem i would stop that. If EA want to judge people who use Vader's problem. EA have to pay back their money.

I don't know the tos about bans, but you MIGHT be able to start a new account and just play the free way, that is if you want to. And they DID warn, I. E

They said they will be taking additional action in near future, which of course can be anything which obviously includes bans. I'd understand the "anger" if the wording was "we decided we will not ban these players" not "we won't ban these players but expect further action in the future".

It means everything of saying they haven't banned the accounts at the time but there was no comment or promise that they wouldn't ban in future. It would suck for you, but it's like shop lifting or, eating food in a local shop, even if you shop there daily and/or spend a fortune.

Doing something wrong, albeit if you know or not doesn't stop people getting in trouble for it

It was wrong, completely wrong. I am amazing how prople here can be so deluded and misguided. If they wanted to say what you said, they would just said:

"The only measure we are taking so far is make Vader 5*, and we'll analyze additional sanctions including a possible ban" or something like that.

It's called clarity and the original message was clear. The decided not to ban, but to apply other measures. This is confirmed as correct per the post by Lucifer, which states their were not going to ban but seeing their incredible ill nature by attempting to Launder Shards (are you kidding) they had no option but to ban them.

It's CG house. But why can't they be more civil?

If a shard location gives you 80% drop rates be careful....you may be banned! Be on the lookout for anything that seems at odds to benefit you.

Sloppy programing logic allowed normal use of in game options to award players for filling the Ally rooster. Banning and calling these players cheater and judging them as "launders" is the worst kind of customer service ever.

Why do I care? I care because it could have happened to me or anyone else that found this bug by accident and tried a few times, then stipped tonthink and maybe even reported it. It's wrong. And it's against what they stated they would do. since you can't choose to not convert Vader shards in the shop (you can only press Convert) this tells abiut the lack of respect for what prior tonpeople finding their bug where Respectful Customers....

• J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    This was so obviously an exploit of a bug that it couldnt have been done by accident
  • OptikRUS
    31 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    OFFICIAL MESSAGE REGARDING RECENT ACTIONS TAKEN:

Greetings Heroes of the Galaxy!

We’ve recently taken action regarding players who repeatedly used an exploit to gain premium Crystals, Ally Points, and shards of Darth Vader. As noted in our Terms of Service (Sections 9 and 11), usage of cheats, hacks, or exploits can lead to your account being banned.

When we first discovered this exploit, we had hoped to find a way to sequester these players to their own leaderboard. The goal was to let them keep playing, but isolate them from the rest of the community who were playing by the rules.

However, as we keep adding features to the game, we were running into a problem where we would have to keep considering how to keep these players isolated. That development time would be taken directly from efforts to make the game bigger and better for the rest of the player population.

This conflict was brought into sharp relief yesterday. When we posted the update, we were seeing some of these people using their excess Darth Vader shards in the Shard Shop to launder those shards into other characters.

Rather than trying to find a way to deal with this activity, we decided to move to a ban.
    Since we hadn’t spelled out the above thought process, some people have asked how this action relates to prior communication.

Per the above, we decided to invest our development time in making the game better for legitimate players vs. spending more time accommodating people who used the exploit.

We understand that some players might be saying “I spent money. How can I be banned?” For us the answer is simple. The moment you decided to cheat or exploit the game, you accepted the risk of being banned. [Again this is in our terms of service: Sections 9 & 11]

Of course if you have any questions or concerns please send a private message, I am happy to help you to better understand just why this is occurring.

And as always please keep your tips coming in about possible cheaters and exploiters; we are having great success in clearing the leader-boards of violators.

LD

Why not just take back the Vader shards or Vader? Why permanent banned?
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    To me, people saying that they werent warned, is like those who ewhine about speed radars in the roads in unknown locations. They dont deny they broke the speed limit (and thus the law), just that they want to know when somebody is watching to break the law when they are not going to be caught. It is like those gsngsters in the movies that say "you can't prove it" instead of "I'm innocent".

The exploit needed to be repeteadly used to be an adventage. In order to know about it, you had to research for game exploits.

People knew they were doing something shady, and against the TOS.
  • Timba
    61 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    The tears are delicious.

There IS a difference between something you actively do that is clearly free resources/shards, and something that you cannot control, example:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/4767/multiple-arena-rewards-in-a-single-day#latest

I recieved that day 3 arena rewards.

Thank you for taking action against people that WILLINGLY knew what they were doing and exploited.
    Timba ~ f2p since October ~ on LINE timba_timba ~ [FTB]

• Among the things in the TOS that people agreed when signing for the game, it says:

- Abuse or exploit bugs, undocumented features, design errors or problems in the game.
  • Timba wrote: »
    The tears are delicious.

There IS a difference between something you actively do that is clearly free resources/shards, and something that you cannot control, example:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/4767/multiple-arena-rewards-in-a-single-day#latest

I recieved that day 3 arena rewards.

Thank you for taking action against people that WILLINGLY knew what they were doing and exploited.

But what about people who do not know about the vulnerability of the game? They also blocked
  • Triqui wrote: »
    things in the TOS that people agreed when signing for the game, it says:

- Abuse or exploit bugs, undocumented features, design errors or problems in the game.

But, but, but, I didn't read TOS, you know nobody does! It was an accident I deleted my ally list 230 times and added 35 allies, 7* Vader wasn't that op anyway... I didn't hurt anyone!

This discussion has been closed.