5/23/2017 Update *MEGATHREAD*

Replies

• Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    keep retrying

with good mods and luck you'll win it
  • hw13
    2 posts Member
    So you only have 5 min to log in to catch the flash event?! I log in 6 min after the hour of when my counter said events starts and now it shows i have 2 hours and 54 min left til starts...
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Boo wrote: »
    Dhoey321 wrote: »
    DoomeyEyes wrote: »
    Dhoey321 wrote: »
    Where in this description does it say it's 1 battle per event?

NEW! Trouble on Tatooine Flash Event
    May sees the introduction of a new type of event- Flash Events! Unlike other events, Flash Events only last one to four hours in each instance and repeat several times a day, so be sure to catch them when they launch! Flash Events difficulty and rewards are based off your account level. All initial runs of a Flash Event have more generous rewards, so be sure to participate early and often!
    Our first Flash Event Begins MAY 25th and takes you to the harsh desert planet of Tatooine. This lawless world holds many dangers and mysteries, especially for moisture farmers. To participate in this multi-tiered event, task Luke Skywalker with inspecting the perimeter of the farm as you join forces with Jawas to square off against marauding Tusken Raiders.

Why does it say to participate early and often? That makes it seem like we can attack multiple times instead of saying. "All initial runs of a Flash Event have more generous rewards so be sure to attack each tier before attacking the same one twice."

Except we can't attack the same one often because we only get 1 attempt....

It said it in game, on the info page for the event that attempts were shared across all tiers... it pays to read... "The More You Know"

Regardless, when the event relaunches, pick a different tier... you should be going to a diff tier every time.

I started with the hardest tier and got 1 zeta material... can anyone confirm that your only get 1, or is it like a get 1-3 situation and the RNG kicked me in the junk?

i understand that but again why does this description say participate early and often? I'm only complaining about this description. It shouldn't say often if you only get 1 attack.

I agree. I think the fact that you can only play one tier should be read from the description itself - not the notification we all got a few days ago. It just makes communication and understanding that much more clear - clear communication never hurts.

But not that big a deal - i'll just pick another tier later today.

This. It's always been this. I've been playing this game for 17+ months - been on the forums for over 15 months - and since that time up and through the present the single largest complaint has consistently been the lack of consistent clear communication. Sadly, most of us have simply learned to tolerate it as "WAI" - which is, not well.

They want the community to understand their intent as a whole. Can't have one person knowing every little thing they are trying to say!

Sounds like WAI
  • The event starts every 4 hours from my understanding. So it's open for one hour every 4 hours.
    Intergalactic space slugs are recruiting. Pm me if interested in entering the slug life. ~°° ♡
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    edited May 2017
    Jokes aside, the event occurs multiple times throughout the day and every tier has very generous rewards so its not a big deal if you ended up tackling a tier that's not the best one for you.

EDIT: accidentally double-posted. No option to delete own posts?
  • As soon as I saw I managed to just catch it I saw how this was going to go. It's an event for the hyper-active user.

Also, devs, if you're reading this, don't take any complaints too hard. I mean, I did get 30 cuffs.... so, efff it. THANK YOU!!!!!!
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Mc_Iavell
    240 posts Member
    Bathroom break, 1 minute to play.

Personally I liked the requirements: having jawas (lvl 1, no equip) and being able to complete is GREAT.
  • Vorgen
    254 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    I did it with a 6* lvl85, gear8 Luke with so-so mods. Took me 3 tries. If u can't do it at gear7, it doesn't take much to bring him to gear8. Definitely stop at gear8 though. Gear9 would probably make the fight auto but not worth the mk5 furnace needed.
  • Eh wait, does this mean that I can't participate anymore, because i am on holidays amd I only have my account on my iPad which I don't take everywhere I go. I thought I could do it easily when I get back to the hotel?
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    I understand the limited timing....but if it's truly only 5 minutes to get in, that's pretty bad. At least give a 30 minute window. Or just a long cool down between repeat attempts. 5 minutes is pretty tight to get in. I mean, can the servers even handle everyone jumping on in the same 5 minute stretch?
    Also, I'm surprised I didn't get a notification for when the event was activated. I get notifications for everything else in the game.
  • hw13
    2 posts Member
    I haven't even gotten it once yet (east coast) and my counter showed 12pm starts but now timer changed.
  • Isaah
    56 posts Member
    About taking breaks for 5 mins....
    Some of us actually have important jobs that "taking a break randomly would work. I am on vacation this week, so no effect on me. If I was at work, I would not risk my career for a game. Not to many 100k+ jobs out there. Besides, my "job" is NOT to play games at work. My "job" is to well, do my job.
  • Take a dooku break!
  • I've really enjoyed this, for me it's been fun to have an opportunity to put my favourite character to the centre of attention for the first time, so thank you @CG_Kozispoon and the rest of the gang.
  • Morpheus
    279 posts Member
    You have an hour. About the same window as mod gate 2, except this one recycles every few hours and has a timer to tell you when the next one is up.
    Seems to last for a couple of days, and you really only get good rewards for the 1st time each tier, so overall, pretty decent event.
  • Morpheus wrote: »
    You have an hour. About the same window as mod gate 2, except this one recycles every few hours and has a timer to tell you when the next one is up.
    Seems to last for a couple of days, and you really only get good rewards for the 1st time each tier, so overall, pretty decent event.

Was it that long? When I logged in I only had 5 minutes left, so I can't say. It's fine -- #LearningCurve
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Morpheus
    279 posts Member
    You're not missing much if you miss it. Unlike mod gate 2. Several windows throughout the day, so unless you work for 18hrs, then it's not too bad.
    And if you work 18hrs straight, I hope you're getting paid enough to just whale your way through and not have to worry about the rewards on offer.
  • PremierVenoth
    2285 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Isaah wrote: »
    Some of us actually have important jobs that "taking a break randomly would work. I am on vacation this week, so no effect on me. If I was at work, I would not risk my career for a game. Not to many 100k+ jobs out there. Besides, my "job" is NOT to play games at work. My "job" is to well, do my job.

People do not understand. If you have a 2 hour presentation... then you're presenting.... that's it. There is no 5 minute negotiation. You do your sh**, you do it well, and you get paid.

However, I'm not sure business professionals are CG's target user base....

edit: grammarzzz
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • I agree that jobs are more important than a game. But if you can't take a "bathroom" break to auto play for 1 minute, then you shouldn't complain about the event at all. Like you said your jobs is more important.
  • SlyGambit
    1246 posts Member
    You need crit damage/crit chance mods. May not be possible at G7 but is pretty easy at G8. Lvl 85, 6s, G8 Luke with crit damage/crit chance mods and a crit damage primary triangle is able to one shot brutes and raiders. Makes it very manageable.

Also highly recommend his basic is omega'd for the extra 10% TM on crit hits.
  • Arkham
    275 posts Member
    ... make it easier to login.

4G works. Wi-fi usually works. 3G never works. (1X works better than 3G, if slowly).

Trying to play on the subway? Really hard when logging in takes 2 minutes, and the train is in each station (where there's service) for 1 minute.

Even when riding in a car--going through 3G areas makes battles not register, etc.

This is not a mobile game. Stop treating it as such (flash events, 2 hour window for bonus cantina energy, etc). Or, make it actually mobile.

Thanks!
    Enthusiast of undervalued toons, general dismisser of trends,
    https://swgoh.gg/u/arkham/, A Team
  • My Luke is seven stars, level 73 g9, I put an arena set of mods on him and it was easy.
    Empire Relic
  • DoomeyEyes
    264 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Boo wrote: »
    Spyda wrote: »
    ... and it will be available OFTEN. So start early (so you don't miss any) and attack often because the event will reappear multiple times throughout the day. So if you start early, and log in often, you'll have lots of chances to complete each tier

If your Luke is up to snuff - mine aint. I think i'll be at an impasse at tier 3 anyays, lol

My fault though. I always new at the back of my mind I should work on Luke, but there was never a reason to for years!

My Luke is pretty much the absolute minimum you need to complete the bonus tier... 7* g8.5 lvl 85... I threw my fastest mods on him (about 224) and barely made it through with some decent RNG... maxing protection may give you a little extra wiggle room.
  • Isaah wrote: »

to step away for literally 2 minutes? guess I am lucky to have a job that pays 6 figures and allows my to use the restroom for 5 minutes when i want
  • Terror
    50 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Every other part of the game works around a nine to five job if you play in the same time zone. I'm going to miss the first two events because of this flash event because I have a job. I'm an adult. With money that I could potentially give to you... so why not continue doing the brilliant thing you have been doing by giving we adults a chance to play a game between work, kids, and every other thing we do? This flash event is poorly thought out and only makes adults mad by punishing the people with day jobs by keeping VALUBLE zetas out of ours hands because we have to WORK. What kind of sense did this make in board room or wherever your ideas are pitched? Even the kids should be in school and not on their phones!! Who was this flash event for?
  • Iwells911
    364 posts Member
    It's summer and schools out ;-)
  • I saw it started at 11, I jumped in to do it to find out it only last 1 hour. Annoying.
    I am on enough that I will make sure to do it quickly during the hour it's up, but just annoying. Even those of us addicted to this game can't be on 24 hrs a day or we won't make any money to spend on it.
  • Terror
    50 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    But what abo when school starts again? Kids don't have jobs? They weren't alive when episode four was released..
  • Kane13
    256 posts Member
    Terror wrote: »
    Every other part of the game works around a nine to five job if you play in the same time zone. I'm going to miss the first two events because of this flash event because I have a job. I'm an adult. With money that I could potentially give to you... so why not continue doing the brilliant thing you have been doing by giving we adults a chance to play a game between work, kids, and every other thing we do? This flash event is poorly thought out and only makes adults mad by punishing the people with day jobs by keeping VALUBLE zetas out of ours hands because we have to WORK. What kind of sense did this make in board room or wherever your ideas are pitched? Even the kids should be in school and not on their phones!! Who was this flash event for?

You sound like a kid with your little rant ;)
  • BigSillyPanda
    41 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Terror wrote: »

^ This. Completely agree. I missed the first event because of a meeting. The second event, I was able to play it only because I took a short break to get some coffee (played it while walking to the coffee machine).
    Whoever thought of this hasn't realized that people have jobs that _do not_ involve playing the game every hour of the day.
    Post edited by BigSillyPanda on
This discussion has been closed.