Who to attack first in high-level GW and Squad battles

Like many of you, I've been playing every day for a few months now. Doing this, I see a lot of the same enemies in matches, so familiar attack patterns arise. This will vary for your squad, and many of you might have different of course, but in general, the strategy I go for is as follows.

Keep in mind: this is mostly in reference to level 60+ battles where 6 and 7 star characters are the norm.

(Although if you are regularly fighting level 60 and 70 level characters, you probably have your own strategy by now!)

TL;DR: Kill Sid. Then kill high-damage dealers. Then Daka/Dooku/Barriss. Then everybody else.
  1. Kill Sid first: His hit points aren't very high (at least, he's not a tank), and his anti-healing single attack can devastate you in the long run. A healthy Sid is almost always my biggest fear. I don't worry about his AOE nearly as much as I do the anti-heal. Kill him quickly (anything later than the 2nd round and you're dead). Kill him with fire.
  2. Kill the super killers second: After Sid is gone, take out First Order Tie Pilot, Rey, IG-88, Kylo Ren, or Darth Maul. A high-ranking Rey, Luke, Tie figher Pilot or Darth Maul can ruin you in 1-2 shots. Get these people out of there.
  3. Old Daka: OD isn't very dangerous by herself, but she can resurrect older dead enemies. Nothing more annoying than to have her bring back Rey or Sid.
  4. Dooku: Dooku needs to be treated carefully because of his counter-attack. I usually hit him with some of my tanks until he's at 50% health, and then hit him hard with my high-damage people. The trick is to weaken him with people who can take his counter-attacks (Chewie, Vader if you have him, etc), and then finish him off with Rey or Luke or Tie Pilot w/out giving him a chance to counter. On some occasions, I can finish him off with a single attack from a buffed Rey (and Tie Pilot, although I personally don't use him)
  5. Barriss: Barriss is the most dangerous healer IMO because her heals work even if your enemy has anti-healing. I don't know if this is by design or a bug, but the fact remains that when she heals, she heals ANYONE in any condition. Take her out.
  6. Kill the remaining healers
  7. Kill the Tanks
  8. Kill anybody left

This works for me, pretty much every time. Thoughts?

Replies

• if i can, i focus poggle first, then i'll probably have to go for poe. I usually don't focus Daka until the third or fourth person left, but its not a bad idea to pay more attention to her (Depends on the risk/reward situation). Dooku is only deadly if you need to use Aoe moves. I use my Geo Soldier to burst him down in 1 turn.
  • Pretty accurate guide, I'd say, I usually act almost in the same way. Sometimes, I believe, there are some other less risky ways, though.
    For instance, when your foe has the team with Phasma leader or/and 2+ enemies who use to call for assist, it might be even more important to start with Dhaka instead of Sid. Especially if you have 2 or more jedies in your team. She is an easy target, and her stuns hurt, and great risk to miss attacking Sidious by your jedies, and risk to get Sid back... Up to you.
    Personally, I don't have Poe, but if someone has, I don't see a necessity for them to begin with Sid if you start your battle with Poe's taunt. Sid is hardly to cast his Heal Immunity against Poe's tenacity, and actually who cares about that in Arena battle? You should start straight from the cannons: FOTP, Rey, Droids... Or even Dooku if you succeeded to expose him.
    There is also some specific in GW. In this case I also try to left characters like Chewie or Barris for the end and it's better not to place Heal Immunity on them letting them heal themselves. Their damage is insufficient and while my damagers are slowly going through enemies' huge HP and self-heal with their ordinary attack, my healers do their work for future fights and reset their cooldowns.
  • The killers gotta go first. I'll take a heal immune over a 1 shot kill. Rey, FOTP, *^, GS, Leia can all 1 shot most any toon at high level play.

Sid after them

Daka

Then decide based on your preference. I take Lumi and Buffers.

I then take counter hitters like 5's, Secura, Dooku

Barriss last always to help reset cooldowns, plus she does no damage.
  • I usually hit Sid first, then second target is depend on their team. If they have stunner, I will go after them right away. After that is damage dealer.

but sometimes I'll go Daka first because her stun is too annoying.

Only counter attack char is a bit different. GW they'll be my second target. Arena is last.

In GW after those counter end with dead, I like to have some turn left to heal my team up and ready again. But in arena if I hit them first my team will have a really low hp, so better hit them last.
  • btw, sometimes killing order depends on some other situation. If my Dhaka hits Sid and has stunned Dooku, why not to focus on the latter right now while it doesn't cost you HP?
  • Irrlicht wrote: »
    Pretty accurate guide, I'd say, I usually act almost in the same way. Sometimes, I believe, there are some other less risky ways, though.
    For instance, when your foe has the team with Phasma leader or/and 2+ enemies who use to call for assist, it might be even more important to start with Dhaka instead of Sid. Especially if you have 2 or more jedies in your team. She is an easy target, and her stuns hurt, and great risk to miss attacking Sidious by your jedies, and risk to get Sid back... Up to you.
    Personally, I don't have Poe, but if someone has, I don't see a necessity for them to begin with Sid if you start your battle with Poe's taunt. Sid is hardly to cast his Heal Immunity against Poe's tenacity, and actually who cares about that in Arena battle? You should start straight from the cannons: FOTP, Rey, Droids... Or even Dooku if you succeeded to expose him.
    There is also some specific in GW. In this case I also try to left characters like Chewie or Barris for the end and it's better not to place Heal Immunity on them letting them heal themselves. Their damage is insufficient and while my damagers are slowly going through enemies' huge HP and self-heal with their ordinary attack, my healers do their work for future fights and reset their cooldowns.

Agree with you and OP, that is the general case.. However, based on my unlucky experience, I actually prioritised Dhaka more! Her potency is quite high, meaning she stuns frequently.. And although her passive and active revive is quite low percentage, i just hate that possibility.. So personally I aimed her first in 90% of the time.. Old dhaka in a Phasma lead team? Oh the nightmare!
  • it really depends on the team I am facing. but this strategy pretty much mirrors my own most of the time.

Like DarthMasterShawn said; I will actually focus a Rey, or IG88 over sid. that is about the only time I don't start with Sid. 90% of my loses of characters in GW is due to the heal immunity. the rest are to the "super killers" like a Rey getting their best abilities off on my lower HP characters.

Daka is annoying for the revive, but typically the revived character has low enough HP to be 1 shot. many times any revived characters don't live long enough to actually attack; the just take a blow that could have gone to another of the enemy team.
  • I started out focusing on Sid, but as I leveled up and started one shot capabilities of Rey, FOTP and IG-88 I started focusing on them first. All three of them can do serious damage if left alive
  • Djbz
    251 posts Member
    Backdragon wrote: »
    [*] Barriss: Barriss is the most dangerous healer IMO because her heals work even if your enemy has anti-healing. I don't know if this is by design or a bug, but the fact remains that when she heals, she heals ANYONE in any condition. Take her out.

Bariss doesn't exactly "heal" through the heal immunity.
    She averages out the health percentage of all the characters on her team (I'm pretty sure this ignores any dead characters) and then does a tiny heal on top of that (which is prevented by the heal immunity debuff)
    This makes her dangerous because everyone's basic strategy is to kill one character at a timeso to get attacked back less.
    If the character you're focusing on doesn't die and the rest of her team are at 100% they end up back to (pretty much) full.
    So against Bariss you either need to be sure to kill the character you want dead before her turn, or to spread your attacks out to lower the amount she set's people on.
    Due to the averaging out the percentage she can actually reduce the Hp of some of her team members,
  • My main thought is that Bariss is godsend. You HAVE to kill her last as she does close to zero damage, isn't fast and has plenty of health to check your team's cooldowns.
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride