Speed Changes and Poe Dameron

Prev13456716
Speed and how this version has affected it across the board:
  • Speed, prior to this update, was not incredibly precise (hence the grouping of units of close Speed characters into a Tier).
  • Speed is now very precise and 1 point of Speed over another character guarantees the initial turn order.
  • Only in the case of an exact tie is it a coin toss.

Poe Dameron’s balancing changes were made by changing equipment pieces at Gear Lvl II and Gear Lvl III. This was done to avoid as much disruption as possible for players working toward completion of higher Gear Lvls. We aim to make targeted changes such as this as to not directly change the statistics of Gear items as that affects numerous characters who share it.

Due to this targeted approach, the goal was to address his high amount of Tenacity, additional stats were affected – both positively and negatively. These totals are provided at the end of this post.

We value the developer and community relationship but mistakes will happen on both sides when it comes to communication. We’re in this together to make Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes the best game it can be.

With that said, the following are all very important aspects to developing the game:
  • Balance changes will happen. Some popular, some not. It’s a double-edged sword where one side of the fence is pleased and the other is upset.
  • Going forward, if we make a targeted change like this, we will aim to detail out the full and complete change to all statistics. This was our mistake and we own up to that. It was not intended to be a stealth nerf.

Due to the missed communication of Poe, here’s what we’re doing:
  • We’re going to let all of his balance changes remain as they exist today but will keep a close eye on how he’s performing and address accordingly.

The following statistics breakdown is the entirety of changes that affected Poe Dameron at level 70 and his absolute maximum gear level:
  • -23 Strength
  • +15 Agility
  • -7 Intelligence
  • -1 Speed
  • -444 Health
  • +5% Health Steal
  • -15% Tenacity
  • +31 Physical Damage
  • +9 Armor
  • +6 Physical Critical Rating
  • -29 Special Damage
Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz

Replies

• Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Just wow. So complete difference from the "official" post of two weeks ago. Very sad. All those resources wasted because we believed what was actually posted.

I'm sorry, but "owning up to it" would be rolling him back to what you said you would do, or refunding all resources spent on him since the official patch notes preview.
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • I wish you had given no early update rather than the incomplete one you gave that was horribly misleading. Shame on you for tricking us.
  • YAY. +1 for diversity. Down with Poe. B)
  • Gurley30
    175 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    The Poe nerf was not in the patch notes?????????

The WHOLE point of releasing patch notes is that this game requires an immense amount of time and planning!

So when you release the patch notes you are signaling to people HOW they can plan!

I dumped ALL my Cantina Resources into Poe based off of information YOU gave us! This is unbelievable - I spent MONEY on this and now it gets pulled out from under us without notice! Worse yet- it was pulled out from under us with a FALSE PRETENSE

I am done with this game if I don't get my cantina shipments back that I spent over the last 7 days on this character. This is unbelievable

EDIT: Nice. Suspend people who criticize you.
    Post edited by Gurley30 on
  • That's pretty cool. I like the general changes to speed so there aren't arbitrary break points, and thanks for all the detail this go around.

Any thoughts on allowing in game refunds (in game appropriate currency like cantina credits) for characters changed in a significant way?
  • I spent all of my Cantina energy on Poe because you guys mislead us.
  • Was his expose chance diminished as well?
  • Barrok
    1753 posts Member
    So no rng on speed...interesting, or at least mild rng.
  • Rolf wrote: »
    Just wow. So complete difference from the "official" post of two weeks ago. Very sad. All those resources wasted because we believed what was actually posted.

I'm sorry, but "owning up to it" would be rolling him back to what you said you would do, or refunding all resources spent on him since the official patch notes preview.

Agreed. Either roll back or refund the resources we spent.
  • Nick316
    32 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    haha let the salty tears fall
  • Gurley30
    175 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I feel really bad for everyone (F2P especially) who dumped their resources into Poe under the false pretenses of the patch notes released last week, only to have this snuck in under their nose.
  • Thanks Jesse! <3:*
  • Petition... This is absolutely bad customer service. You have dynamically changed his use. A huge amount of resources used on a benched character. You need to be accountable. If you keep bending to the crybabies, then this game is doomed.
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    even if he didn't lose the 1 speed, i'm glad the whole speed mechanic was re evaluated. more skill is involved now that coin tosses are out the window.
    mighty chlorians
  • medetec wrote: »

Any thoughts on allowing in game refunds (in game appropriate currency like cantina credits) for characters changed in a significant way?

Love this idea since so many spent so many resources on Poe (who is now useless) BUT...

How in the world could they do that? Refund cantina currency to everyone that has Poe?!?! I would love it, but it would then all go to everyone having a max QGJ immediately.
  • Rolf wrote: »

By "all those resources" do you mean mean a few days worth of energy and some cantina tokens?
    Guide to Beating Galactic War from Team Instinct
    TeamInstinct.net -- Community Site and Home to Team Instinct
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Gurley30 wrote: »
    I feel really bad for everyone (F2P especially) who dumped their resources into Poe under the false pretenses of the patch notes released last week, only to have this snuck in under their nose.
    That would be me. And many others, I'm sure.
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • Well that just sealed the deal. I'll be on my phone with my credit card company within 20 minutes.

Terrible job of managing a game. Great way to chastise your player base when you completely dropped the ball.

So very nicely done trying to quietly get rid of all of the posts about these changes and how much of your player bass does not agree with them or how they were conducted.

I'm going to make sure to post a guide on how to get a refund in the Reddit something you don't have control over.
  • The speed nerf on Poe was needed so thanks for that. But I really hate how you handled it and basically just lied to us. Not cool!
  • Gurley30 wrote: »

+1 what's the point in releasing patch notes early if you're not going to follow it. I guess "official" posts aren't so official after all.
  • BillyBeans wrote: »
    medetec wrote: »

Love this idea since so many spent so many resources on Poe (who is now useless) BUT...

How in the world could they do that? Refund cantina currency to everyone that has Poe?!?! I would love it, but it would then all go to everyone having a max QGJ immediately.

Well, ideally when a character was changed, you would have a window (say a week?) to disassemble the character, ie you no longer have the character, but you are given the appropriate amount of relevant currency and and gear.
  • BillyBeans wrote: »

They should either rollback that change or offer refunds for misleading us.
  • Am I understanding this correctly: He loses 444 health also? So he loses speed, he loses tenacity, he loses expose, AND he loses a huge chunk of health?
  • medetec wrote: »
    BillyBeans wrote: »

Well, ideally when a character was changed, you would have a window (say a week?) to disassemble the character, ie you no longer have the character, but you are given the appropriate amount of relevant currency and and gear.

That would be awesome. Chance of it happening is slim to none.
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    Makes sense overall for the balance of the game. Understood why certain people are upset but Poe still is useful - most of any toon with taunt.

The humility on the lack of communication shows empathy and hopefully adjustments are made to explain updates better in the future. In fairness, if a 1 point adjustment to speed was announced last week it wouldn't have changed a thing. This string is about to be full with flames. Then or now.
  • I like the change. Good job on making the game fun again.
  • puru
    161 posts Member
    Thanks for clearing up the issue. *Sigh* . Time to dust up my 3* Dooku and level him up until he gets nerfed ..again
  • Poe is still a completely viable character. He just isn't an lol coin toss iWin button anymore.
This discussion has been closed.