STORMTROOPER LUKE COMING OUT???

KyJoe_Cool
1873 posts Member
I was wondering... (and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one)... but in Star Wars episode IV, both Han and Luke were both dressed like Stormtroopers. So shouldn't there be...(if there is a St Han on the game [who I already have]) a Stormtrooper Version of Luke as well??? They could have certain synergies like Wiggs (Wedge and Biggs [who I already have and love]) or like Chaze (Chirrut and Baze [don't have them yet]). Han could taunt and Luke could use an ability similar to geo spy or leia to stealth and he could have another ability like boba on his basic ability, to have a 50% chance to attack again against empire characters. What is your opinion? Wouldn't that be a great duo? Post your comments here. Thank you :)
Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ

Replies

• KyJoe_Cool
    1873 posts Member
    KyJoe_Cool wrote: »
    I was wondering... (and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one)... but in Star Wars episode IV, both Han and Luke were both dressed like Stormtroopers. So shouldn't there be...(if there is a St Han on the game [who I already have]) a Stormtrooper Version of Luke as well??? They could have certain synergies like Wiggs (Wedge and Biggs [who I already have and love]) or like Chaze (Chirrut and Baze [don't have them yet]). Han could taunt and Luke could use an ability similar to geo spy or leia to stealth and he could have another ability like boba on his basic ability, to have a 50% chance to attack again against empire characters. What is your opinion? Wouldn't that be a great duo? Post your comments here. Thank you :)

It could be called "St Huke" or "St Lan". (Stormtrooper Han + Stormtrooper Luke).
    :wink:
  • KyJoe_Cool
    1873 posts Member
    Btw this is besides the fact that ROTJ Luke needs to come out as well! :sweat_smile:
  • ArtooSW
    181 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Although I can't stand Luke in Episodes IV and V but I love Episode IV and would love ST Luke to go alongside ST Han. I'd prefer it to Jedi Luke tbh.
  • Only if we get a dark side Dianoga!
    "When the dust settles, the only thing living in this world will be metal."
  • Oh, please...not another Rebel :(
  • I prefer garbage Luke
  • Xetal
    218 posts Member
    I prefer garbage Luke

It'll be Baby Luke.

His basic is "cry" and his unique is "Orphan dumped on a god forsaken desert planet"
  • KyJoe_Cool
    1873 posts Member
    Xetal wrote: »
    I prefer garbage Luke

It'll be Baby Luke.

His basic is "cry" and his unique is "Orphan dumped on a god forsaken desert planet"

ha! Ha! HA!!! Funny! Lol :bawling:
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    SkyeLeonne wrote: »
    Oh, please...not another Rebel :(

+1
  • Farmer Luke
    ST Luke
    Bespin Luke
    RoTJ Luke
    Old Luke
    Baby luke

sheesh, next thing you know we can have a Luke squad. RoTJ Luke (L) Bespin Luke ST Luke Farmer Luke and Old Luke...
  • KyJoe_Cool wrote: »
    I prefer garbage Luke

It'll be Baby Luke.

Old Luke

Basic: Stand On a Mountain

Special: Grow A Beard

Unique: Can't Be Found Easily
  • KyJoe_Cool
    1873 posts Member
    I prefer garbage Luke

It'll be Baby Luke.

Old Luke

*(APPLUASE)* lol u should be a comedian you had me crying laughing for a moment there! :wink:
  • CameronD
    150 posts Member
    I prefer garbage Luke

It'll be Baby Luke.

Old Luke

Synergies with R2
    Unique: R2 your such a snitch
    I prefer garbage Luke

It'll be Baby Luke.

Old Luke

You forgot his 2nd unigue: Stare

Once it is zeta'd it causes another person to Stare.
  • This has nothing to do with Stormtrooper Luke, because...why? But I'm wondering if there will be any carryover between 'farm boy Luke' and whichever Jedi Luke they decide to come out with. We can probably assume this will be a completely separate character, because it would be silly to take 'farm boy Luke' away from players who use him and evolve that character into something else, especially since we have multiple toons of other characters (Old Ben & General Kenobi, Anakin & Vader, etc.)

Thoughts on this are....

1) There's been a lot of language used in discussions with the devs about this Hero's Journey that eludes to an evolution of character, and gearing our current 'farm boy Luke' to be ready for these challenges. But then if we aren't actually using the same character for all of the coming events it seems like a waste to go all in on this first iteration.

2) How many Lukes are we gonna see? Farm Boy, Hoth (Blue Saber), Jedi Luke (Green Saber), Old Luke? Are we gonna see Last Jedi (Old Man Luke) at all in this evolution of the character? Seems like a very main character to leave out when Last Jedi content starts coming out, but also doesn't seem like it's necessary to have 3-4 variations of a single character...even Luke.

Last thought...if this character will be evolving, are we gonna get a new Kylo with no helmet or a Rey with a lightsaber?

Curious to see what you guys think. My guild mates (WookieCookieAlliance) and I have been bouncing this conversation around a bit, but it'd be nice to discuss in the forums.
  • I'd take any of these ridiculous Lukes over Phoenix squadron.
  • KyJoe_Cool
    1873 posts Member
    This has nothing to do with Stormtrooper Luke, because...why? But I'm wondering if there will be any carryover between 'farm boy Luke' and whichever Jedi Luke they decide to come out with. We can probably assume this will be a completely separate character, because it would be silly to take 'farm boy Luke' away from players who use him and evolve that character into something else, especially since we have multiple toons of other characters (Old Ben & General Kenobi, Anakin & Vader, etc.)

Thoughts on this are....

1) There's been a lot of language used in discussions with the devs about this Hero's Journey that eludes to an evolution of character, and gearing our current 'farm boy Luke' to be ready for these challenges. But then if we aren't actually using the same character for all of the coming events it seems like a waste to go all in on this first iteration.

2) How many Lukes are we gonna see? Farm Boy, Hoth (Blue Saber), Jedi Luke (Green Saber), Old Luke? Are we gonna see Last Jedi (Old Man Luke) at all in this evolution of the character? Seems like a very main character to leave out when Last Jedi content starts coming out, but also doesn't seem like it's necessary to have 3-4 variations of a single character...even Luke.

Last thought...if this character will be evolving, are we gonna get a new Kylo with no helmet or a Rey with a lightsaber?

Curious to see what you guys think. My guild mates (WookieCookieAlliance) and I have been bouncing this conversation around a bit, but it'd be nice to discuss in the forums.

I thought the same thing. I have a feeling they are preparing us for the release of ROTJ Luke. Why? I don't know. If it's a separate character, it seems like a waste to spend credits, training droids, gear, mods, ability mats, etc on a character (farmboy Luke) that's going to be benched later on. I for one would hope that since other characters get reworked like Grand Moff Tarkin getting a new ability, that they'd change our current farmboy Luke into ROTJ Luke as a reward for you completing an event coming up later on. Or as a change to the game. And the result would create hype for STAR WARS THE LAST JEDI. I think we as the players should be able to choose which versions of the characters we want and/or if there's more than one version to a character we should be able to toggle thru the character screen under the same character and only be able to use one version at a time to avoid confusion and having an entire squad of only one character.
  • KyJoe_Cool
    1873 posts Member
    Dave011679 wrote: »
    I'd take any of these ridiculous Lukes over Phoenix squadron.

There have been rumors on the forums actually there's gonna be an event for Phoenix characters and you'll be able to unlock Grand Admiral Thrawn, so I've read at least. :confused:
  • JinSaotome wrote: »
    Only if we get a dark side Dianoga!

My sister dated a guy in high school.....
    Intergalactic space slugs are recruiting. Pm me if interested in entering the slug life. ~°° ♡
  • KyJoe_Cool
    1873 posts Member
    JinSaotome wrote: »
    Only if we get a dark side Dianoga!

My sister dated a guy in high school.....

What? Lol :open_mouth:
    This has nothing to do with Stormtrooper Luke, because...why? But I'm wondering if there will be any carryover between 'farm boy Luke' and whichever Jedi Luke they decide to come out with. We can probably assume this will be a completely separate character, because it would be silly to take 'farm boy Luke' away from players who use him and evolve that character into something else, especially since we have multiple toons of other characters (Old Ben & General Kenobi, Anakin & Vader, etc.)

Thoughts on this are....

I thought the same thing. I have a feeling they are preparing us for the release of ROTJ Luke. Why? I don't know. If it's a separate character, it seems like a waste to spend credits, training droids, gear, mods, ability mats, etc on a character (farmboy Luke) that's going to be benched later on. I for one would hope that since other characters get reworked like Grand Moff Tarkin getting a new ability, that they'd change our current farmboy Luke into ROTJ Luke as a reward for you completing an event coming up later on. Or as a change to the game. And the result would create hype for STAR WARS THE LAST JEDI. I think we as the players should be able to choose which versions of the characters we want and/or if there's more than one version to a character we should be able to toggle thru the character screen under the same character and only be able to use one version at a time to avoid confusion and having an entire squad of only one character.

We're on the exact same page. I loved using power converter / farm boy Luke...in my first squad. He rides the bench so hard for me already, but I still just spent millions of credits and other resources getting him above lvl 80 for this event. The last thing he was useful for for me was unlocking Emp. Palpatine, and now he's 7* so all those bonus shards landed right in my shard shop.

I'd gladly surrender rebel Luke for a more powerful Luke.

Somewhat Related (and worth checking) there's a Capital Games trailer floating around that has Luke with his blue lightsaber in it multiple times using an attack (actual gameplay) where he jumps into the air and slashes an enemy. I'll reply with a link if I find it.
  • KyJoe_Cool
    1873 posts Member

Thoughts on this are....

We're on the exact same page. I loved using power converter / farm boy Luke...in my first squad. He rides the bench so hard for me already, but I still just spent millions of credits and other resources getting him above lvl 80 for this event. The last thing he was useful for for me was unlocking Emp. Palpatine, and now he's 7* so all those bonus shards landed right in my shard shop.

Somewhat Related (and worth checking) there's a Capital Games trailer floating around that has Luke with his blue lightsaber in it multiple times using an attack (actual gameplay) where he jumps into the air and slashes an enemy. I'll reply with a link if I find it.

Cool. I'd love to see it!

Thoughts on this are....

This announcement trailer on youtube has one shot of it at the end https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSxYUZrwlvk

Granted that trailer is pretty old, but at least we're seeing Luke with a saber and a move that he can potentially use. If we do go through all of the iterations of Luke, this one is likely next.

There's a longer trailer with more Luke in it somewhere, but it's really just more shots of the same attack.

This (not that great) analysis of a recent trailer makes some good points about his abilities https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6FqXbskmGU

We do see him jump and slash in this one, in the same outfit (Bespin) as that announcement trailer I linked to above, so it's possible that what we see in here could be hinting some of his abilities. The jump slash, and maybe a force push.

The only big counter argument to us potentially seeing Bespin Luke is that in the new splash screen we have Return of the Jedi Luke right up front in black with the green saber. Considering how old some of the Bespin evidence is, a Return of the Jedi Luke may be more likely next up, but who knows at this point.

One other little thing: I was reading a very recent interview with some of the devs and they were talking about how they have so much content ready to go and so many ideas they want to implement (and they're nerding out about it) that at this point they're having trouble practicing restraint and holding back huge character releases and upgrades but EA is making sure to keep them on a strict release schedule.

I'll post anymore Luke rumors that I stumble upon.

• KyJoe_Cool
    1873 posts Member

Thoughts on this are....

This announcement trailer on youtube has one shot of it at the end https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSxYUZrwlvk

Granted that trailer is pretty old, but at least we're seeing Luke with a saber and a move that he can potentially use. If we do go through all of the iterations of Luke, this one is likely next.

There's a longer trailer with more Luke in it somewhere, but it's really just more shots of the same attack.

This (not that great) analysis of a recent trailer makes some good points about his abilities https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6FqXbskmGU

We do see him jump and slash in this one, in the same outfit (Bespin) as that announcement trailer I linked to above, so it's possible that what we see in here could be hinting some of his abilities. The jump slash, and maybe a force push.

The only big counter argument to us potentially seeing Bespin Luke is that in the new splash screen we have Return of the Jedi Luke right up front in black with the green saber. Considering how old some of the Bespin evidence is, a Return of the Jedi Luke may be more likely next up, but who knows at this point.

One other little thing: I was reading a very recent interview with some of the devs and they were talking about how they have so much content ready to go and so many ideas they want to implement (and they're nerding out about it) that at this point they're having trouble practicing restraint and holding back huge character releases and upgrades but EA is making sure to keep them on a strict release schedule.

I'll post anymore Luke rumors that I stumble upon.

Thanks so much for posting the videos! And absolutely yes! Please post any new news about Jedi Luke. :wink: