Speed Changes and Poe Dameron

Replies

• Poe is still usable people, calm down. He was kind of OP and everyone kept saying just wait for the nerf so it came and now you are all mad? They admitted they made a mistake and it is over so take some nyquil and get some rest
  • It was not intended to be not what it is not but not that is wasn't not for sure maybe not not intentional

until tomorrow when we double negative that with another not
  • I'm getting a refund, bye.
  • >We’re going to let all of his balance changes remain as they exist today but will keep a close eye on how he’s performing and address accordingly.

TRANSLATION:

Here's what we're going to do: nothing. Literally nothing.

We're not going to revert the changes, and we're not going to mail you back your cantina shipments spent on Poe over the last 7 days.

• Thanks for the details on this matters, including the precise details on the Poe stats changes.

But further more thanks for this details:
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Speed and how this version has affected it across the board:
    • Speed, prior to this update, was not incredibly precise (hence the grouping of units of close Speed characters into a Tier).
    • Speed is now very precise and 1 point of Speed over another character guarantees the initial turn order.
    • Only in the case of an exact tie is it a coin toss.

And if you changed how the speed works, I guess 1 point of difference in Poe's won't make much difference now anyways, is this right?
    548-145-651 | Playing since Dec 28th (:
  • Tak
    352 posts Member
    Great change for game balance @EA_Jesse
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    my 7* dooku just became even more useful :smiley:
    mighty chlorians
  • disappointing.
  • cosmicturtle333
    5004 posts Member
    edited February 2016

We value the developer and community relationship but mistakes will happen on both sides when it comes to communication. We’re in this together to make Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes the best game it can be.

Sorry, but how many mistakes has the community made in regards to communication?

???

When you're trying to apologize to people here are a couple of tips:

1: It helps if you actually say that you're sorry.
    This was our mistake and we own up to that. It was not intended to be a stealth nerf.
    That is not an apology.

2: It also helps if you don't blame the community for the 'communication issues' you are having.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • I'm disappointed in the lack of intelligence put into gameplay mechanics by EA/CG.

This update/nerf is just going to pidgeonhole players into a ridiculous speed/high dps meta.

Poe, love him or hate him, performed the tank role well and allowed the use of a variety of slower glass cannon types.

The sly, underhanded truth is that this has been deliberately done to ensure that certain speedy, game breaking, Chromium characters will be a necessity to maintain high ranks in arena. QGJ + Ben, Leia, Tarkin etc.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Chico wrote: »
    +1 what's the point in releasing patch notes early if you're not going to follow it. I guess "official" posts aren't so official after all.
    They made a mistake. What do you want, ritual suicide? :) It's a big software product, the team is probably pretty new, things get messed up.
    I also think CG seriously underestimated the impact of going to true speed AND allowing speed leaders to work round 1. The meta hasn't just shifted, it has been thrown on its ear. People will adjust. And Poe is still useful.
    I still think the same thing about balance that I did weeks ago: speed is still too important. If anything, it's now even more important than before. Someday this will get addressed. :)
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Gurley30
    175 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Anyone know how the refund process works for Apple?
  • If any of you are that stupid that you think this won't happen to your precious characters now that you're farming when they release the new character monthly and want you to spend more money on a new character you're insane
  • Good communication, now, that it has been a mistake made. Owning up to it is all fine and dandy, but we took your word on it. Actions speak louder than words. "We will be monitoriong it" was what you said before when people complained you were not lowering speed or TM manipulation. You monitored nothing because you made this "extra" change. It is good timing though just as a Pack with QGJ whose leader ability makes himself and 6 other Jedi faster than Poe, 2 of which by that 1 point you dropped Poe, and another = to him. Pretty good timing for a $60 QGJ 2* plus 55 shards pack to roll out I'd say.
  • Mistakes were made. On both sides.

But mostly yours.

Really, almost entirely yours. The only mistakes others made were believing what was told to us here.

You put out a lengthy patch notes a week ago giving people false certainty, without including the most major change that was occuring in the update.

But hey, you did warn us that word-wrapping issues with some languages was being fixed. Clearly, that was more important than changing the essence of the game play.
  • @EA_Jesse First of all, thank you for your quick response to all the kneejerk reactions about Poe on the forum. I am confused by this part of your statement:
    Due to the missed communication of Poe, here’s what we’re doing:
    We’re going to let all of his balance changes remain as they exist today but will keep a close eye on how he’s performing and address accordingly.

So does that mean his abilities etc are reverting back to how they were? What it sounds like is "Since we messed up this is what we are doing is... We are keeping all the changes everyone is upset about". I hope this can be cleared up so no further confusion continues. Overall I think the update is a good step forward and some kinks are to be expected. Thank you.
  • Really like the changes but, it would be nice if you guys make the character changes as detail as this one next time. Really cant blame all the hate from those people who allready invest on poe, this nerf was really too sudden. Anyway, thanks for at least clarifying things out here.

Now, waiting for all the hate comment to come. Hahaha
  • puru
    161 posts Member
    OmarFPG wrote: »
    Thanks for the details on this matters, including the precise details on the Poe stats changes.

But further more thanks for this details:
    Speed and how this version has affected it across the board:
    • Speed, prior to this update, was not incredibly precise (hence the grouping of units of close Speed characters into a Tier).
    • Speed is now very precise and 1 point of Speed over another character guarantees the initial turn order.
    • Only in the case of an exact tie is it a coin toss.

And if you changed how the speed works, I guess 1 point of difference in Poe's won't make much difference now anyways, is this right?

Thats right. Even if Poe speed was unchanged he would still be behind a whole bunch of other toons given how speed calculation works now.
  • @EA_Jesse i appreciate how you deal with the community, you are great at what you do. But you have the definition of "owning up to a mistake" backwards my friend. If I tell you "hey I will pay you $100 in my pocket for doing a job" and I later find out I only have $50, If i own up to my mistake I will give you the $100 I said I would.

Similarly I like many others continued to spend money and time farming Poe based on what you told us in the release notes. And now you come up with this?? I can take you saying "this is the way its going to be, but dont say you are owning up to the mistake unless this gets rolled back or people get their cantina coins back.

And by the way... there is a very thin line between caving to the demand of whiners who ask for anything good they dont have to be nerfed and ruining the game... Be mindful of that. You guys have two strikes already on my book with Bariss and Poe... How can i be confident to invest on any powerful characters if maybe in the future you will decide to make them useless?? Slowly ruining the game
  • Thabk you Jesse. This overall update has been really good, im really liking the way this game is headed
  • Bariss and Poe are far from useless.
  • Since they nerfed his gear doesn't that mean any other character that uses those same pieces got the nerf too? Does anyone know who shares the same affected pieces of gear?
  • What people are not reading is that by him having that +1 speed it makes no difference anymore at all.

"Speed, prior to this update, was not incredibly precise (hence the grouping of units of close Speed characters into a Tier).
    Speed is now very precise and 1 point of Speed over another character guarantees the initial turn order."

He will not be "turn 7" or "turn 8". He will be 142 speed in line behind ALL others faster than him.
  • Man, CG is so dirty with how they treat their playerbase. Really turned off. At least they buffed the key card events like they said they would.

Lol.
  • Cecton wrote: »
    @EA_Jesse First of all, thank you for your quick response to all the kneejerk reactions about Poe on the forum. I am confused by this part of your statement:
    We’re going to let all of his balance changes remain as they exist today but will keep a close eye on how he’s performing and address accordingly.

So does that mean his abilities etc are reverting back to how they were? What it sounds like is "Since we messed up this is what we are doing is... We are keeping all the changes everyone is upset about". I hope this can be cleared up so no further confusion continues. Overall I think the update is a good step forward and some kinks are to be expected. Thank you.

It sounds like that, because that is what he is saying.
  • Cecton wrote: »
    @EA_Jesse First of all, thank you for your quick response to all the kneejerk reactions about Poe on the forum. I am confused by this part of your statement:

Exactly! Did @EA_Jesse mean to say that they are REVERTING the speed nerf?
  • If those who had invested in Poe were allowed to fully dissolve him, getting back their i) Cantina tokens, ii) Credits and Droids used to train them, iii) Gear, and iv) Ability Mats, I would be perfectly happy with this. I would even go buy that Jedi pack. But this really bad communication, on the part of EA/CG, has left a bad taste in my mouth.
  • Qeltar wrote: »
    Chico wrote: »
    +1 what's the point in releasing patch notes early if you're not going to follow it. I guess "official" posts aren't so official after all.
    They made a mistake. What do you want, ritual suicide? :) It's a big software product, the team is probably pretty new, things get messed up.
    I also think CG seriously underestimated the impact of going to true speed AND allowing speed leaders to work round 1. The meta hasn't just shifted, it has been thrown on its ear. People will adjust. And Poe is still useful.
    I still think the same thing about balance that I did weeks ago: speed is still too important. If anything, it's now even more important than before. Someday this will get addressed. :)

Lol i'm not asking for the extreme over here. I'm not talking about balance changes as these things are normal for games like these. But rather telling people one thing and doing another. This seems to happen quite often and it seems they aren't learning from it. Paying customers have a right to expect more from them.
  • Since they nerfed his gear doesn't that mean any other character that uses those same pieces got the nerf too? Does anyone know who shares the same affected pieces of gear?

They didn't nerf the gear, they changed it to other similar gear, because...I don't know, that's not a good way of doing balance...yolo I guess
  • Yeah I was starting to star up poe because he was still going to be op even with the new patch but now it seems like a waste lol oh well time to go for qgj.
This discussion has been closed.