multiple luke theory

Prev1
Here's my thought on the journey

1st event -flash event farmboy luke
Fast forward to august
2nd event - k2so style event where we unlock ROTJ Luke at 7 stars
Fast forward to Dec
3rd event - marquee event where we unlock TLJ Luke

This would finally give us ROTJ Luke (the ONLY toon missing from the splash page graphic) and completes the "journey" element.

Replies

• I think there will be a Luke between farmer and jedi for sure.
  • Ticfusama
    10 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    I was debating about adding in empire Luke since he's already in the game as a node boss. But I think that four lukes would be asking too much
  • Supercat
    3250 posts Member
    ST luke
    Xwing luke
    Dagobah luke
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Ticfusama
    10 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    ST Luke would be cool. Could have synergy with ST Han and Leia(along with a zeta on PL to bring her into the synergy)

We do have a new hope Leia so this would fit
  • It all comes down to either fixing chewy, or making a new one to continue this story battle scenario. Seriously, could make some really good stuff using people like st han, raid han, Leia, lando, biggs, wedge, ECT. Fighting out the battles as it played in the movie, also involving ships.

But none of it makes sense without chewy.
  • Ticfusama
    10 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    I think they would give us a new chewie before they changed clone wars chewie. Since they have all but proven that there is no aversion to multiple toon versions (sid/palp, ahsoka/fulcrum, St han/raid han, old Ben/GK etc.). This would let them keep CW chewie as the intro tank for new players and give us a OT chewie.
  • I would definitely rock 5 Luke's in a squad, especially if they were all viable.

TLJ Luke (called Grand Master Luke) Tank with a strong leader ability
    ROTJ Luke (called Jedi Knight Luke) high DPS attacker
    ESB Luke (Rebel Luke Skywalker the one in game that everyone calls Bespin Luke, because he's from the Bespin fight) strong erratic AOE attacker (kind of like JKA with the reckless assault)
    X-Wing Luke (reskin farm luke into his X-Wing jumpsuit, change his stats slightly, give him Wiggs synergy) release his X-Wing.
    Stormtrooper Luke solid rebel support.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Don't forget about kung-fu grip Luke!
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • I don't think they'll add multiple Luke's at all. I think the current Luke will transform into empire Luke then Jedi Luke and finally TLJ Luke. We are supposed to be training him right? Why would they add another one when this is Luke we are training.
    When the next event starts, (August?), He will transform to empire to continue his training.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    I demand that CG adds baby luke from ROTS, silhouette luke from Rebels, stormtrooper luke w/out helmet, stormtrooper luke w/ helmet (gotta make @3Cheers4Tyranny happy), and handless luke from the end of ESB. I will not spend a dime untill these demands are met.
  • DatBoi wrote: »
    I demand that CG adds baby luke from ROTS, silhouette luke from Rebels, stormtrooper luke w/out helmet, stormtrooper luke w/ helmet (gotta make @3Cheers4Tyranny happy), and handless luke from the end of ESB. I will not spend a dime untill these demands are met.

Lmbo :joy:

You forgot Dagobah Luke, and electrocuted Luke
    @DatBoi
  • Kane13
    256 posts Member
    I don't think they'll add multiple Luke's at all. I think the current Luke will transform into empire Luke then Jedi Luke and finally TLJ Luke. We are supposed to be training him right? Why would they add another one when this is Luke we are training.
    When the next event starts, (August?), He will transform to empire to continue his training.

This
  • finloq
    6 posts Member
    You forgot: Corvette Summer Luke
  • KyJoe_Cool
    1873 posts Member
    Supercat wrote: »
    ST luke
    Xwing luke
    Dagobah luke
    Ticfusama wrote: »
    ST Luke would be cool. Could have synergy with ST Han and Leia(along with a zeta on PL to bring her into the synergy)

We do have a new hope Leia so this would fit
    I would definitely rock 5 Luke's in a squad, especially if they were all viable.

TLJ Luke (called Grand Master Luke) Tank with a strong leader ability
    ROTJ Luke (called Jedi Knight Luke) high DPS attacker
    ESB Luke (Rebel Luke Skywalker the one in game that everyone calls Bespin Luke, because he's from the Bespin fight) strong erratic AOE attacker (kind of like JKA with the reckless assault)
    X-Wing Luke (reskin farm luke into his X-Wing jumpsuit, change his stats slightly, give him Wiggs synergy) release his X-Wing.
    Stormtrooper Luke solid rebel support.

You all should check out my thread I made about the multiple versions of Luke. It's called "Stormtrooper Luke?".
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • Darax_ren
    363 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Electrocuted Luke:

"Father!" (Basic): Reduce cooldown on Redemption by 1.

"Father please!" (Special): Luke gains evasion up and tenacity down and loses 5% health. Dark Side characters lose 10% turn meter and Light Side characters gain 10% turn meter. This effect can't be resisted.

"Electrocuted" (unique): Luke starts each encounter with minus 50% health and stun. Whenever Luke gains Shock, Daze, Damage over time or Stun, inflict expose on all enemies and reduce the cooldown on Redemption by 1. Luke cannot die whilst there is at least 1 ally alive.

"Redemption" (Special): Immediate victory - starts on cooldown.

• Actually, I'm pretty proud of that. Make it happen CG!
  • In B4 WIGGSUKE, all in red pyjamas.
  • Kane13 wrote: »
    I don't think they'll add multiple Luke's at all. I think the current Luke will transform into empire Luke then Jedi Luke and finally TLJ Luke. We are supposed to be training him right? Why would they add another one when this is Luke we are training.

This

There is no precident in the game for this mechanism. I could see them requiring the current iteration of Luke as a requisite for the next event(hence the "get him trained up"), but I doubt they will ever go full on Pokemon where we are evolving characters. If this is the path that they are intending, it wouldn't make any sense for CG to continue releasing multiple versions of a given character. If they wanted to turn it into Pokemon, why would they release fulcrum ahsoka, not just evolve the current in game version? Even with the argument that luke is the iconic "hero's journey" character in the universe, why not do the same with JKA into Vader? CG would have an avalanche of complaints that they removed a given character(even if said character had no current in-game role) that people had spent time and money leveling.
  • Luke will not "evolve" into another version. I geared up my farmboy Luke and I want to keep him. Don't take my young Luke, he still has hopes and dreams for adventure and excitement.
  • Bobby777
    614 posts Member
    You can never have enough Luke's. Let's not forget the Luke dagobah version carrying yoda on his back.
  • Bobby777
    614 posts Member
    Luke will not "evolve" into another version. I geared up my farmboy Luke and I want to keep him. Don't take my young Luke, he still has hopes and dreams for adventure and excitement.

So many hopes and dreams feelsbadman :disappointed:
  • Ticfusama wrote: »
    Kane13 wrote: »

This

There is no precident in the game for this mechanism. I could see them requiring the current iteration of Luke as a requisite for the next event(hence the "get him trained up"), but I doubt they will ever go full on Pokemon where we are evolving characters. If this is the path that they are intending, it wouldn't make any sense for CG to continue releasing multiple versions of a given character. If they wanted to turn it into Pokemon, why would they release fulcrum ahsoka, not just evolve the current in game version? Even with the argument that luke is the iconic "hero's journey" character in the universe, why not do the same with JKA into Vader? CG would have an avalanche of complaints that they removed a given character(even if said character had no current in-game role) that people had spent time and money leveling.

Good points but those characters are drastically different time periods and they're all viable. Farmer Luke is not viable and his time frame is a few years, not like 20+ years. The closest arguement you can make is the two Han Solo toons but both of those are viable.
  • Star Wars Galaxy of Lukes! Different toon for each outfit Luke ever had.

I would play that. Wouldn't even mind the cost of leveling and gearing up each one
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Bobby777 wrote: »
    You can never have enough Luke's. Let's not forget the Luke dagobah version carrying yoda on his back.

Yeah! "Yoda backpack Luke".
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • CandymanJML2
    528 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Star Wars Galaxy of Lukes! Different toon for each outfit Luke ever had.

I would play that. Wouldn't even mind the cost of leveling and gearing up each one

Yeah don't forget about "Realized Leia is his sister after he kissed her a few times Luke"
  • KyJoe_Cool
    1873 posts Member

Yeah don't forget about "Realized Leia is his sister after he kissed her a few times Luke"

Yeah and "Aren't you a little short to be a Stormtrooper" Luke! Lol
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    They're gonna focus on bespin Luke and ROTJ luke. Main hero's journey lukes. Of course there's always older the last Jedi Luke.... But more would be so redundant and overkill
  • Liamtbqh
    620 posts Member
    You forgot baby Luke from ep 3!
  • KyJoe_Cool wrote: »

Yeah and "Aren't you a little short to be a Stormtrooper" Luke! Lol

Don't forget Hoth Rebel Skywalker (because we desperately need another toon with HRS as its acronym).

He can have synergy with Han Solo who stealths him by stuffing him into a tauntaun.
  • Ticfusama wrote: »
    Kane13 wrote: »

This

Good points but those characters are drastically different time periods and they're all viable. Farmer Luke is not viable and his time frame is a few years, not like 20+ years. The closest arguement you can make is the two Han Solo toons but both of those are viable.

That is not necessarily true...not to belabor the point but Jka into Vader would not have had to be a 20+ year stretch. It is not really indicated to which time period Vader is mapped to. We only assume that it is OT Vader. Maybe the reason he hits like a wet noodle on his basic is because he is secretly prequel Vader just after mustafar and isn't used to his suit yet. ;P

But honestly...if there was any toon that would be a candidate for "evolve" it would be jka into Vader. To your other point...when has CG really put "viability" at the forefront? There is a strong habit in this game of release toon "A" with a neat kit, then release 5 toons a week later that totally invalidate toon "A's" neat kit.

I still think it will be more likely that we see multiple versions, but I digress.