Consular gear bug

This piece of gear in tier V requires epic(purple) materials for a part of non-epic (blue) piece. The tool tip says "requires Lv 43" to equip but the materials aren't available to find until Lv 49. That is when dark side 5 unlocks.

Furthermore, the piece of equipment is Tier IV and it requires Tier V materials. That can't possibly be right.

Screenshot_2015-12-13-21-48-45_zps2r0dbq35.png
Screenshot_2015-12-13-21-48-58_zpsbsflhdkv.png

Replies

• Had this piece of gear on one of my droids also, very annoying farming all those pieces haha. Consular is on the back burner because of it.
  • He just takes longer - but actually after that he's much easier to gear up at 6/7/8 than others. There's like an early penalty on him compared to others, but he's not even level 60 cap locked to go to gear 8 like most toons are now that are stuck at gear 7. There are a few others that are like this with the early purple hurdle.
  • It's hurting pretty bad atm. Most of my guys are 1 piece from VII and Consular is sitting at V.
  • Yea 20 pieces of purple mk 5 to make 1 blue piece of mk 4 doesnt make sense. mk5 making an mk4
  • HavokTrigger
    897 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I'll be 49 at reset so I'm going to blast through the DS missions to get it, but I still think this is wrong. Gotta do what you gotta do though.

Can we get some kind of response from @EA_Jesse or another admin? This is a pretty serious error and it would bring some ease of mind to know that it's being looked in to.
  • I'll be 49 at reset so I'm going to blast through the DS missions to get it, but I still think this is wrong. Gotta do what you gotta do though.

Can we get some kind of response from @EA_Jesse or another admin? This is a pretty serious error and it would bring some ease of mind to know that it's being looked in to.

He has a clearer path later though - either you bite the bullet now or later. Chewy actually needs 80 purple pieces just to get to gear 7. I think it seems this is not a bug - some toons just have different paths than others. Ben for example I see needs a 50 piece purple unit to get to gear 8. JC doesn't need a 50 piece purple to get to gear 8.
  • Im pretty sure this is a bug. Its saying it needs material for the tier above it to make the tier below, tier5 to make tier4, doesnt make sense. I have stopped leveling his gear for now until its sorted out.

This would also make consular the only character Ive come across to need a purple to advance to the next gear level beyond that. Im sure this wasnt intended.
  • AdamW wrote: »
    Im pretty sure this is a bug. Its saying it needs material for the tier above it to make the tier below, tier5 to make tier4, doesnt make sense. I have stopped leveling his gear for now until its sorted out.

This would also make consular the only character Ive come across to need a purple to advance to the next gear level beyond that. Im sure this wasnt intended.

JC is definitely not the only character in this situation, and really he is comparatively easy to gear up vs most of my other characters. The only issue here is that mk5 purple gear is being used to make mk4 blue gear - which is, obviously, a bit back-to-front.
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    AdamW wrote: »
    Im pretty sure this is a bug. Its saying it needs material for the tier above it to make the tier below, tier5 to make tier4, doesnt make sense. I have stopped leveling his gear for now until its sorted out.

JC is definitely not the only character in this situation, and really he is comparatively easy to gear up vs most of my other characters. The only issue here is that mk5 purple gear is being used to make mk4 blue gear - which is, obviously, a bit back-to-front.
    Agreed.
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • Ive brought this up b4 also. But like someone else pointed out...once you do the gear for the next level is pretty ez. So it balances out a bit.
  • They actually fixed this. You still have to get 20 laptops, but they are blue now. And you can acquire them in 3-E DS normal. Before it was only available in 6 or 7
  • They actually fixed this. You still have to get 20 laptops, but they are blue now. And you can acquire them in 3-E DS normal. Before it was only available in 6 or 7

they must reduce the number too, 20 pieces too much for blue gear. Normally is 5pieces in lvl5 gears.
  • They did fix the item pieces that were swapped now, but they still haven't fixed the count requirements. The Mk IV Chiewab Hypo Syringe Prototype should only require 5 pieces of salvage to craft since it's blue(it takes 20), and the Mk V Nubian Security Scanner Prototype should require 20 pieces of salvage to craft since it's purple(it takes 5).
  • Great for them...sux for the rest of us that had to soak 2k in energy to basically get it....sigh.
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Great for them...sux for the rest of us that had to soak 2k in energy to basically get it....sigh.
    Not to mention the time to wait for those missions to unlock to be able to farm it lol.

Big deal though. Glad they are fixing stuff. A good functioning game means the time spent won't be waisted because the game dies. I'm happy.
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • I notice when gearing that it really hoses you on what you need. For instance you go to a mission sim it you get like 1 of 4 or 5 drops what you need, but another piece lands every time. You go back later for that piece that dropped like cr5azy, it reverses. It just took me an entire energy fill to get 4 MKiv's, seems a bit steep. Been noticing this a lot lately.
  • madridistaman1
    51 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    @keaven ...agreed
  • I notice when gearing that it really hoses you on what you need. For instance you go to a mission sim it you get like 1 of 4 or 5 drops what you need, but another piece lands every time. You go back later for that piece that dropped like cr5azy, it reverses. It just took me an entire energy fill to get 4 MKiv's, seems a bit steep. Been noticing this a lot lately.

haha it totally does, but I noticed on the lower levels it spits em right out usually, and seems to drop better on hard missions but its always good to check the shard on Hard see of you need it and then decide to sim it for gear or take your chances on normal. Kind of a gamble.
  • The worst is when you need 1 more...haha.
  • The gear requirements were a bit weird before the update but there were many fixes. My resistance trooper used to require a piece of gear from the end of stage 5 at gear level 3... Was impossible to gear him up early on. They changed that too.
  • I find Mk IV in shipment and then, to gear lvl 8 so easy
    lol, i'm very lucky , hahaa
    This world is not of those who have money , nor of those who have power !