New pack worth it?

Prev1
AbysmalDarkside
316 posts Member
edited February 2016
60$ for a 4* anakin thats currently unfarmable ? QGJ & Ashoka Shards ? couldnt be more of a ripoff & the devs are doing nothing but proving what we already knew its P2W, Now the half Idi0ts are gonna pay for that pack & give the devs money they dont deserve & the devs gonna throw us another pack next time for 100$. First they give us 2 days notice to farm for a jedi only event, 5 jedi werent even available 2 weeks ago QGJ & Bariss just became available so no way anyone got them 5 star without having paid or getting lucky with chromes. Guess the feel & atmosphere of the game will never change. RIPOFF RIPOFF RIPOFF. The Devs dont deserve a penny. They give us 3 days notice to get 5 jedi to 5 stars for a jedi only event, knowing the jedi suck & none of us will be ready for the event then drop a 60$ pack to get us to cave & pay for the jedi. Its a slick cash grab that everyone should be avoiding.

EDIT: changed the title of this thread. Please refrain from calling out EA, CG or the developers in titles. - EA_Jesse
Post edited by EA_Jesse on

Replies

• Anakin *is* farmable.. Why do people keep posting he is not? :/
  • Anakin is farmable.
  • BentWookie wrote: »
    Anakin *is* farmable.. Why do people keep posting he is not? :/

The term farmable comes the connotation of achievable. Hard mode character farms just aren't worth it. The only real use for hard nodes is for characters that can be farmed elsewhere.
  • How do these people function on a daily basis with such a sense of entitlement?
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
    Anakin is farmable.

where ? cantina ? where every other jedi is farmable ? so that means we gotta focus 1 jedi at a time to 5 stars ? Literally Mace Windu, JC, Bariss, & Anakin tell me how we can farm those all at the same time ? they put all the jedi in the same farm location instead of spreading it out between cantina, arena, & GW. so we can actually have a shot at building up a jedi team in a decent amount of time then drop a 60$ to get people to buy it to get it done quicker cash grab ripoff.

• Define "worth it" because you stick as anything long enough and it will become worth it. Hard modes are the perfect example of long term goals. Anakin has 3 HM nodes by the way so that's at least a couple shards every day ;)
  • Findec wrote: »
    BentWookie wrote: »

The term farmable comes the connotation of achievable. Hard mode character farms just aren't worth it. The only real use for hard nodes is for characters that can be farmed elsewhere.

Wait.. By your own admission, He *can't* be farmed elsewhere. Therefore that's what the hard nodes are for.
    Farming him.

Therefore he is farmable.

:#

• FakeRobbo wrote: »
    Define "worth it" because you stick as anything long enough and it will become worth it. Hard modes are the perfect example of long term goals. Anakin has 3 HM nodes by the way so that's at least a couple shards every day ;)

Oh you mean Hard Mode where no Shards drop & you only get 3 chances a day to pull 1 shard if your lucky ? stop with your nonsense

• Don't buy it then, people literally just use this forum to complain and it's quite annoying to see, they gave us almost an entire weeks notice to start farming jedi so you're wrong, I myself was able to gather three 5* Jedi within that time and the Jedi pack actually completed my QGJ and my Ahsoka, thus enabling me to get Yoda. Over 6 Jedi have been available to farm for weeks now too. Just in cantina missions there is Mace Windu, Plo Koon, Jedi Consular, and Barriss Offee in the later stages. That's 4 jedi in one place. You also have Eeth Koth in arena shipments, and Luminara in GW. If you spent a little less time complaining and a little more time grinding characters you would be having an issue.

ARK - Alliance Of Rebel Knights | Editor & Graphics Designer | https://swgoh.gg/u/panna/
    Findec wrote: »

Wait.. By your own admission, He *can't* be farmed elsewhere. Therefore that's what the hard nodes are for.
    Farming him.

you get 3 chances to farm 1 shard if your lucky a day . thats not farmable thats another money grab cause the devs want us to buy crystals to refresh the hard mode chances to keep trying to farm a shard that rarely drops if ever. farmable is cantina, arena, or GW. HM doesnt count.

• This event will go indefinitely. You don't have to complete it today.
  • You are aware this is a business, they provide a service that's free to play.....but we all know if I wanna advance as fast as possible , you gotta pay....yoda is available to everyone, but if u haven't farmed jedi from day 1, or bought alot of cronos, chances are you don't have the toon needed to aquire yoda, much less 7*...... I don't know of any game out there that's not ptw/get a advantage. ....I for one feel a lil better about this event...my hard earned money (that I choose to spend) actually helped me out unknowingly. ....much like those ftp peep (which are probably very gew) who girded jedi early on.....to me very game is a huge money pit , or a huge grind just to compete. ...n yes this bundle is crap...I almost did it just to do it...bUT all I need are 30 ahsoka shards for 7* , so I'll just grid them out in the next few days.....
  • Gonna look again but I don't think that pack does me any good. That being said...you are essentially saying the grind is too hard so you consider that unfarmable? Couple days ago I hit 5* with JC, couple days before that 5* Lumi. Yesterday QGJ 4* and will be 5* in a couple days. You aren't applying yourself smokey.
  • You could have farmed ahsoka,eeth,lumi,JC, jedi guardian, all from launch in november. What's this talk of 5 jedi not being farm able until 2 weeks ago?
  • You could have farmed ahsoka,eeth,lumi,JC, jedi guardian, all from launch in november. What's this talk of 5 jedi not being farm able until 2 weeks ago?

Thanks for the reminder, and I got Ahsoka half way to 5 while I've been farming the rest lol. OP...get off the googles and on your grind!
  • Panna wrote: »
    Don't buy it then, people literally just use this forum to complain and it's quite annoying to see, they gave us almost an entire weeks notice to start farming jedi so you're wrong, I myself was able to gather three 5* Jedi within that time and the Jedi pack actually completed my QGJ and my Ahsoka, thus enabling me to get Yoda. Over 6 Jedi have been available to farm for weeks now too. Just in cantina missions there is Mace Windu, Plo Koon, Jedi Consular, and Barriss Offee in the later stages. That's 4 jedi in one place. You also have Eeth Koth in arena shipments, and Luminara in GW. If you spent a little less time complaining and a little more time grinding characters you would be having an issue.
    You bought the pack your opinion is irrelevant, they got you to waste 60$ on an overpiced back so your p2w this wasnt for p2w players, P2W players are the only ones that benefit from the pack & the jedi only event since they paid there way to 5 star jedi (like you) you didnt farm nothing you paid for em. & I have been farming but a weeks notice isnt enough time to farm they shouldve told us a month ago. Not a week before the event, now the event only benefits airheads like you who pay 60$ on a mobile game to get an edge. I have lumi 7 star & eeth koth almost 4*
    but since they added QGJ & BARISS to the same shipments (cantina) its impossible to farm 5 jedi at the same time. You can either farm QGJ & Ashoka, or JC, Mace, or Bariss. They put all jedi in the same shipment & expected us to farm 5 in a week.

• Findec
    121 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    FakeRobbo wrote: »
    Define "worth it" because you stick as anything long enough and it will become worth it. Hard modes are the perfect example of long term goals. Anakin has 3 HM nodes by the way so that's at least a couple shards every day ;)

AT three shards a day the grind is almost 4 months. And that's one of the better hard grinds.

Put it into context for a minute. The cantina tokens are considered to be extra valuable due to their scarcity. Most players seem to use two cantina refreshes a day which nets them just over 600 tokens a day. That's 7.5 shards over double the best hard mode grinds.

Hard modes grinds just aren't worth considering.
    Findec wrote: »

Farming him.

I wasn't trying to argue that he isn't farmable I was trying to explain why people don't think of him as such.
  • IM_UR_UPGRADE
    223 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I forgot put is there a "you must buy me button" attached to the package. No one is forcing you to buy it

Edit; @AbysmalDarkside , btw im solely f2p and since they announced the jedi event I have farmed mace and eeth koth from scratch and they both will be 5* in the next 2 days hopefully. So if you are complaining because you may not have jedi to unlock yoda thats pretty much your fault for not applying yourself
  • I forgot put is there a "you must buy me button" attached to the package. No one is forcing you to buy it

Edit; @AbysmalDarkside , btw im solely f2p and since they announced the jedi event I have farmed mace and eeth koth from scratch and they both will be 5* in the next 2 days hopefully. So if you are complaining because you may not have jedi to unlock yoda thats pretty much your fault for not applying yourself
    Wrong I have lumi 7* Eeth Koth, JC, Ashoka, & QGJ the problem is they put all the jedi IN THE SAME SHIPMENT. Instead of spreading them out alittle more. So all the jedi are farmable in the same thing & you can only focus one it was slick thinking by the devs & tricks people into buying a 60$ pack. My point is spread the love, Why not put bariss in the GW shipments & QGJ in arena & leave mace windu for cantina so we can farm effectively instead of being forced to farm 1 jedi at a time.

• I believe they said they will have the event up for only about a week but they will also bring the event back again later on and introduce new events. Perhaps a rotation of events. So if our Jedi team is low Star level now don't worry. You will get more chances to get Yoda. The only advantage the people that spend money have is that they will get Yoda faster. Me, heck I'm just having a blast collecting different characters. I understand some of yalls frustration and yeah the devs did a little bit of dirty tricks but the game is free for most of us and these guys put a lot of hard work into this game, they deserve to get paid.
  • We've had about a week or so to prep.
    Just because someone spent their money, doesn't invalidate their opinion, they just decided to speed things up.
    Let's see... Mace, Lumi, JC, Eath Koth, QGJ, Ashoka, and JG are all farmable via various ways, so there are plenty. In the last week I've brought QGJ up to 3, and would have him at 4 if I hadn't detoured. Eath and Mace show up tomorrow for me.
  • I believe they said they will have the event up for only about a week but they will also bring the event back again later on and introduce new events. Perhaps a rotation of events. So if our Jedi team is low Star level now don't worry. You will get more chances to get Yoda. The only advantage the people that spend money have is that they will get Yoda faster. Me, heck I'm just having a blast collecting different characters. I understand some of yalls frustration and yeah the devs did a little bit of dirty tricks but the game is free for most of us and these guys put a lot of hard work into this game, they deserve to get paid.

Can't argue that but its becoming increasingly difficult to defend them. They use cheap tactics that players are too blind to see that I see right off the bat. They clearly put Bariss & QGJ deliberately in cantina alongside ashoka JC & mace because they knew it'd be impossible to farm 3 different jedi at once, then they put 1 jedi in arena & 1 in GW. why would they make 5 jedi deliberately available in the same shipment because they knew we wouldnt be able to farm em in time so they can drop a 60$ jedi pack & players would get desperate to get jedi shards. Its all a slick way of ripping people off, Anakin is only farmable in HM & if you know Hard mode it'll take you about a half a year to max anakin in hard mode.
  • Lol, I do agree with you about the people that say Anakin is farmable. That would seriously take forever in HM.
  • We've had about a week or so to prep.
    Just because someone spent their money, doesn't invalidate their opinion, they just decided to speed things up.
    Let's see... Mace, Lumi, JC, Eath Koth, QGJ, Ashoka, and JG are all farmable via various ways, so there are plenty. In the last week I've brought QGJ up to 3, and would have him at 4 if I hadn't detoured. Eath and Mace show up tomorrow for me.

See thats where your close minded, They made 2 new jedi available for farm & put them in the same shipment which is already stacked with 3 other jedi, its JC, Ashoka, Bariss, Windu, & QGJ all available in the same shipment. Instead of spreading em out & making em simpler to farm they did that so we wouldnt farm em on time, & the players that get desperate pay the 60$ for the pack its an obvious ripoff of a pack & a slick way of getting desperate players to drop 60.

• Not to mention they only made Bariss & Qgj farmable last week.
  • I'm F2P and I don't feel ripoffed. I started farming jedis when this event was announced the 4th and I might be able to unlock Yoda at 5* during this event, with a little luck with the drops. But if not I will definetly unlock him next time at 6-7*, which would make this about 5 weeks grind which is pretty normal imo for a F2P to get a 7*. But here you get one for free while farming other jedis, well after you beat the challenge ofc.
  • this is a business and this is how they make their money. of course they don't want to give u enough time to farm. Of course they put all of the tons in one place. Did u think they did that by accident? This is how the game works. Cmplaining about it won't change a thing. The sooner u realize that the happier you'll be.
  • Xeox
    68 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Not to mention they only made Bariss & Qgj farmable last week.

I don't see barriss in cantina shipments only nodes to farm
  • My argument is invalid because.....

I farm QGJ in cantina shipments, lumi in GW and was farming JC in cantina and am now doing mace there. I did get QGJ in a pack. He unlocked at 2*s. I'm not sure where my toons came from has anything to do with the OPs resistance to grind. I can beat GW some days and can farm up to whatever us right past the first kylo Ren node ( one of my trade offs for mace ) and am somewhere between 200 and 300 arena. I also grind anytime I can. I just ran 3 mace Sims and got nothing ... what else you want to know lol. You have to grind. Was a week a long time? No. Does anyone not want Yoda now? Uhhh I want Yoda. Lol.

I'm sure someone can post the math. If you had any Jedi going, which I did, you could have made something happen. If he didn't make it then he didn't make it. Before you rant about what I do with MY money, let me just throw it out there that I'm more than likely going to miss it as well the first go round. I don't think I can get a 5th in time. But im **** sure going to try.