How rare are 4* from chromium packs?

Hi guys,

Was thinking of dropping a hundred on the data packs but then wondered how good are my chances to actually get a 4*? Anyone dropped that money before and if so what did you get? I really am hoping for Lando after I got demolished by him in the arena..

Replies

• Time
    293 posts Member
    Very rare. I believe 75% you get shards and lower star heros are more common the 4. You might get lucky, but id rather wait and see if they make him farmable. Even if you get him he will be 4 star until you can farm him or drop a lot more money. Remember once you have him you will only get 32 shards even if you pull him again.
  • If you drop $100 I would invest in your current heroes and farming missions for shards. You could upgrade your main teams gear and upgrade them to the next star level. You won't get the same investment if you buy packs.
  • RAMifications
    189 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    You will most likely get a 4* if you spent $100. But you won't have any idea what it is... You will likely get enough shards to level something to 4 star, but the question is what? If you got the $$ I say do it and hope you get lucky. You might get 4x4*! You never know.

With 6 8x packs you'll get something. But then again, maybe you won't! This is why the starter packs they sold were such a good deal.

The problem with Reddplague's suggestion is you don't have any better of a chance farming. I needed one shard to complete an achievement and get my Vader. 400 gems later I still didn't get the one stupid shard and had to wait till the next day cause I was done spending Gems!!!
    --Nud Stark--
  • It you buy packs with your $100 post what you get.
  • I got a 4* Barriss from the 8x pack. The first week of release.
  • Thanks for the info! I will post the results...
  • I would buy a real game that gave you real value.
  • Drop almost half of that on Fallout 4 and get 100+ of play time. lol
    With these games the smart thing to do is spend $$ on guaranteed character packs for Dooku and Offee. Otherwise you are gambling and could throw that money away and get nothing.
  • Well I dropped it and I'll just give the highlights.
    Darth Maul
    Nute Gunray
    Cad Bane
    Ima Gun Di
    Various 2 stars and a lot of Kit Fisto, Leia, Qui Gon tokens
    If you hit a four star again you get 32 tokens if you already have him. Happened with Ima Gun Di.
    Did get 30 Lando Tokens and other various ones for four stars and that's about it.. Now I need to hire a divorce lawyer after my wife finds out... ;p
  • Cad Bane and Ima are solid drops
  • Xyxus
    15 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Really happy with Ima.. I have Baris and Luminara and now have to decide who I should use for their leader skill...
  • i recommend adding alot of allies & farming the bronzium data pack currency. I saved til I had 5000 which is roughly 20 Bronzium packs & pulled Old Daka.
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Xyxus wrote: »
    Well I dropped it and I'll just give the highlights.
    Darth Maul
    Nute Gunray
    Cad Bane
    Ima Gun Di
    Various 2 stars and a lot of Kit Fisto, Leia, Qui Gon tokens
    If you hit a four star again you get 32 tokens if you already have him. Happened with Ima Gun Di.
    Did get 30 Lando Tokens and other various ones for four stars and that's about it.. Now I need to hire a divorce lawyer after my wife finds out... ;p

Lol.. better hide the phone now then!

However on topic, i think swgcoh site has a thread on the pull rates on the two types of cards..

http://www.swgohcantina.com/bronzium-data-card-pull-odds/

http://www.swgohcantina.com/is-it-worth-it-to-spend-money-on-the-chromium-data-cards/
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • Me thinks I should drop a Ben to see what I get.
  • Just pulled a 8x pack

8b9fe062fda4bc0936c95003ea1b356d.jpg
  • Old Daka is a good pull Redd! Her stun is awesome and her speed is good. Send me your ally code Redd.
  • Xyxus wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Was thinking of dropping a hundred on the data packs but then wondered how good are my chances to actually get a 4*? Anyone dropped that money before and if so what did you get? I really am hoping for Lando after I got demolished by him in the arena..

My friend spent 100$, he only got tons of shards, his tie pilot went to 4* which he was super happy about but nothing special just ad bane unlock and random shards. I think the 8x is your best bet, I'd probably start with 20$. If you get the char you wanted for 20$' then you saved yourself cash money if not then proceed.
  • Bro, you should have waited til the new heroes are released. I'm saving up everything for then in the hopes of a pull or two from Chromium. Or maybe I'll just buy them outright if they are fairly priced.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    Thw odds are 1/10x where x = your level.
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • I'm waiting to see what specials they do for SW VII, payday is the same day :smiley:
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    Murph576 wrote: »
    I'm waiting to see what specials they do for SW VII, payday is the same day :smiley:
    Erm I better go warn my bank manager, lol :p
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • For Star Wars... The phone is off the 17th :D