Uhhhh... what happened to the forest moon battles?

Boceefus
11 posts Member
edited May 2017
All the characters I have that are required for the forest moon battles are 7 star, level 85, and at gear level 8 or higher. Last time the forest moon battles came around I was able to 3 star tier 1 and tier 2. Now, I can't even get past halfway of tier 1. VERY irritating.

Replies

• Options
    Yip same for me, got my mostly lvl85 team going up against lvl 75 ewoks(without the event buff, I know those should hit harder) with lvl 7 equipment. I have the tier 1 3 starred from the previous time it came around and now I can't even avoid getting wiped at battle 3. Gave Tier 2 a try and I got further in that than tier one.
  • Options
    Yeah, even the ewoks that don't have the skull buff above them kill you in 1 to 2 shots.
  • Options
    Yep, our Guild Leader submitted a bug report and they replied that they are aware of the issue and are working on it, so I closed the game and then opened it again later, it did an update, and it is still the same. I'm getting my entire team wiped out in 4/8 of the tier 2 battle, when I 2 starred it the last time it was out. I could barely beat the first tier after trying 20 times, when I three starred it last time. EPIC FAIL!
  • Sheytan
    91 posts Member
    Options
    K40SF1ynn wrote: »
    Yep, our Guild Leader submitted a bug report and they replied that they are aware of the issue and are working on it
    Sure hope they fix it before time is out.. :(
  • Vatano
    96 posts Member
    Options
    I tried it live on stream, Lv 85 team, all G10-11, fully modded with huge speed secondaries... got blitzed in Tier 1 lol. Irony is Bonus Tier is easier than Tier 1. I tried it a couple of times and can consistently kill enemies faster in Bonus than Tier 1. Event is broken as hell.
  • Theophany
    865 posts Member
    Options
    Oh so it wasn't just me then lol
    Some of the brightest ideas are the hardest to see
  • Fantasty
    78 posts Member
    Options
    Not a bug. They just want to frustrate you and give you mediocre rewards.
  • Supercat
    3250 posts Member
    Options
    K40SF1ynn wrote: »
    Yep, our Guild Leader submitted a bug report and they replied that they are aware of the issue and are working on it, so I closed the game and then opened it again later, it did an update, and it is still the same.

Source?
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Options
    Supercat, I was going to put in the reply they sent him, but the chat had already progressed past so I can't put the verbaim reply from the devs, sorry.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear, but glad it's not just me.
  • crzydroid
    7298 posts Moderator
    edited May 2017
    Options
    NOT A BUG!

From the 4/25 game update:

"ASSAULT BATTLE FOREST MOON UPDATE
    Assault Battle: Forest Moon has been updated! To coincide with the new update to the Imperial Troopers we’ve retuned this event and updated the rewards. This event will run in May, so get your Empire and/or Droid characters ready for a fight!Now has 3 tiers: Hard, Very Hard, and BonusDifficulty has been readjusted across all tiers to meet the goal of providing challenging content at the level of the tier. Note however that mechanics remain largely unchanged, so the strategies you have used in the past should continue to be valid."

Read more in the 4/25 game update thread.
  • Options
    If it isn't a bug, there is no point in trying to play it. Takes too much time. I have tri d over and over all day long and can't past level 4 in tier one. I have all 85 team with good mods and gear of 8 and above. Some 10.
  • Marrak
    2 posts Member
    Options
    I have to say that the mechanics have greatly changed if this isn't a bug; the Elders continuously remove any debuffs and chain rez. I was doing better last time with a much, much weaker team. Now I can't get past battle 4 on this event on Tier 1 with a full 85 team and everyone at G7 or higher. I am well above the recommended level stated but I cannot feasibly do enough damage to drop the two elders if they cannot be stunned, ability locked, or even debuffed. Even shock isn't sticking, and they're healing through it regardless.
  • Jenarou
    27 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    It's harder than before indeed, but I managed to finish tier one with Three 6* 70lvl G7-8 and I am sure I can do tier 2 with same team but I didn't want to try a lot, its kinda frustrating but doable for sure. tier 3 didn't even think about it since my Empire/ droid collection is poor and low geared.
  • Ambassador
    1653 posts Member
    Options
    Harder than before indeed, but with Palp (L), Vader, TFP, Shore & RG, lvl 80+, gear 10-11 (g9 for RG) and good mods, beating tiers 1 & 2 is easy. Beating bonus tier takes a bit more strategy, and good RNG, so may require several attempts each time.

But, boy ! those rewards ! 600k credits in less time than GW, with good gear, some mods, and shards. :smile:
  • Options
    It's still doable, did all 3 tiers twice already with palp lead, vader, ig88, r2 and magmatrooper all 7* glvl9-10 and r2 glvl11
  • Options
    I'm glad I'm not the only one having problems with Ewoks. I got through T2 last time this event came around and now I cannot get past the 4th round of T1.
  • Marrak
    2 posts Member
    Options
    No one is saying it's not doable, but the stated recommended levels would be impossible without a maxed out team.
  • Options
    I used Zader lead 7star g.11, Palp 7star g.11, DT 7star g.10, TFP 7star g.11, and R2 7star g.10 all at lvl 85 and 3starred it without losing any protection.
  • Options
    I used Zader lead 7star g.11, Palp 7star g.11, DT 7star g.10, TFP 7star g.11, and R2 7star g.10 all at lvl 85 and 3starred it without losing any protection.

Similar squad, shore and Rg over r2 and DT, no issues
  • J7Luke
    484 posts Member
    Options
    Phew, not just me. I have been looking forward to getting to level 75 to try out these assault battles, and when I couldn't make it past wave 1 of tier 1 I was really disappointed.
  • Slifer
    2 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I came here just to complain about this. This is VERY irritating.
  • Options
    1z6yz38.jpg
  • Zombie
    55 posts Member
    Options
    They made this challenge ridiculously hard, regardless of who says what. It was not enjoyable at all!! Couldn't even complete Tier 1, never mind the other two. Tier 1 and 2 were beatable previously.
  • Boceefus
    11 posts Member
    Options
    So what some people are saying is that star level, gear level, and character level don't matter. You must have the select 5 or 6 characters from the entire empire/droid library in order to win.
  • crzydroid
    7298 posts Moderator
    Options
    Boceefus wrote: »
    So what some people are saying is that star level, gear level, and character level don't matter. You must have the select 5 or 6 characters from the entire empire/droid library in order to win.

This battle hinges on having a couple of AoEs. Vader, EP, Veers, Tarkin, Magma, Snowtrooper, Deathtrooper, TFP, Krennic, Gar Saxon, B2, IG-88, HK-47, IG-100, R2-D2, Grievous. So that's pretty much everyone except five from the entire library.

Of course gear level matters....and most importantly, speed. So mods also matter. Strategy and tactics matter a TON.

The marquee events are designed for everyone to win. The assault battles are not. If you can't beat it, you may just not be ready. Even though my Ewoks and Resistance continually get a tiny bit stronger between each Separatist Ground War, I probably still won't be able to beat the upcoming one. They're just not there. That happens. These battles encourage you to build up specific factions if you want to beat it. Or you could choose to not want to beat it if you don't want to build those factions.