tips/guide/need to know info for returning player?

Jek_Face
87 posts Member
I played quite a bit when the game first came out. I built up a decent collection of 7* gear 7/8 chars, but I quit playing shortly after guilds came out. I made it to level 75. I just decided to come back and have seen a ton of changes and feel lost. Mods weren't a thing when I played. There were no ships. What the heck is zeta?

So, here's the thing, since returning, I got a bunch of emails and achievements giving me various amounts of arena credits, cantina credits, crystals, etc. Is there somewhere I can look for a guide that will give me a synopsis of updates and also somewhere I can look for which characters I should focus on?

I've tried to look throughout this forum, but it's just flooded with stuff that's either geared towards completely new players, or experienced vets. I'm kinda in between. I guess I want to know what stuff from back then still applies, like doing dailies, and what stuff I should stop doing (or start doing), like saving crystals for packs or whatever. I'm certain the old metas are all but done these days.

Thanks for the help.

Replies

• Kane13
    256 posts Member
    Best advice I can tell you right now is go to swgoh.gg and register your account. Then if you can post your roster on here people will help you out.
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    Don't save for packs. Best prices for new characters is shipments (outside of farmable toons). Every character is released on a cadence now. You unlock them at 3* or 4* in an event, and they are released into shipments after a few weeks (usually a month and a half later). Another few weeks and they are given a farmable location. Rex leads are still meta. I would gear up a Rex if I were you. It's one of the fastest farms. He is farmable in ship shipments. Ships are huge. You will need to build up a team of 8 non capital ships 5* minimum. 5 of them should be darkside for unlocking the Executrix (so you can farm zetas). Start down this path and you should catch up pretty quick.

If you want to start over, pick up a rebel/scoundrel team. Palpatine event is on a two month rotation with yoda event. Credit heist is about every two weeks. Pick up Lando(L), Biggs, STHan, Boba, and Ackbar. After that you can grab IG88, Cad Bane, and Wedge for full rebel team (competitive arena and Palp event) and a scoundrel team (credit heist). Good luck.
  • Jek_Face
    87 posts Member
    Kane13 wrote: »
    Best advice I can tell you right now is go to swgoh.gg and register your account. Then if you can post your roster on here people will help you out.
    Ok. I created an account there. What would I need to post here?
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Firstly, you need to decide whether you want to be competitive in Squad Arena. If you're aiming for the top and you've been gone that long, you might want to consider starting over again.
  • Jek_Face
    87 posts Member
    Huatimus wrote: »
    Firstly, you need to decide whether you want to be competitive in Squad Arena. If you're aiming for the top and you've been gone that long, you might want to consider starting over again.
    Definitely NOT starting over. I'll take what I can get in arena for now.

ExarTheKun wrote: »
    Don't save for packs. Best prices for new characters is shipments (outside of farmable toons). Every character is released on a cadence now. You unlock them at 3* or 4* in an event, and they are released into shipments after a few weeks (usually a month and a half later). Another few weeks and they are given a farmable location. Rex leads are still meta. I would gear up a Rex if I were you. It's one of the fastest farms. He is farmable in ship shipments. Ships are huge. You will need to build up a team of 8 non capital ships 5* minimum. 5 of them should be darkside for unlocking the Executrix (so you can farm zetas). Start down this path and you should catch up pretty quick.

I got a bunch of ships through the starting challenges. But they are all 1* for now. Should I be spending credits on ships?
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Ships have their own credits and you're definitely going to have to work on them as they are the main source of Zeta materials which is an end game material. I would suggest working on them via Galactic War shipments.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Jek_Face wrote: »
    I assume this is you:
    https://swgoh.gg/u/jekface/
    After filling in your player ID, enable Collection sync and Update Profile.
  • Jek_Face
    87 posts Member
    Huatimus wrote: »
    Jek_Face wrote: »
    I assume this is you:
    https://swgoh.gg/u/jekface/
    After filling in your player ID, enable Collection sync and Update Profile.
    Did that. Not sure how long it takes to see online, but it looks like it worked.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Looks like you like the Jedi and have some progress there.
    I would go for Zeta QGJ lead, Yoda, General Kenobi, Jedi Knight Anakin, R2-D2.
    JKA is farmable from Cantina nodes and some hard nodes.
    GK is from heroic AAT but it is a lot easier to get into a HAAT guild now if you can guarantee your 600 tickets daily.
    R2 is legendary event like Yoda and should return in a couple months. (You need Empire characters to unlock him)

In the meantime, you could substitute in other Jedi such as Ahsoka who has a little synergy with JKA.
    You'd also need to start working on 5 Dark Side ships to 4* asap to unlock Executrix and prepare for Zeta challenge.
  • Jek_Face
    87 posts Member
    Yeah. I had to get 7* jedi to get Yoda. Then I realized how good QGJ used to be (I guess he still is). Thanks for the suggestions. I'll give that a shot.
  • Zeta Upgrades are used to level an ability to lvl 8. Some abilities do not have zetas. For example, QGJ has a zeta leader ability, and Ventress has a zeta unique ability. Zeta abilities mostly go above and beyond, adding crazy amounts of stuff to abilities. Unfortunately, some zetas are really bad, such as Lumi's or Chewie's zetas.