Cassian and Rancor

BulYwif
1977 posts Member
I think Cassian is really underrated. He is able to debuff a lot, makes good damages, has synergy with K2. I used him yesterday in Heroic Rancor, I could solo P1 and 50% of P2 with not so good gears and mods.

I used Teebo gr 9, Cassian gr 9, TFP gr 10, QGJ gr 11 and Rex gr 10. As soon as I can, I will replace QGJ by Jyn and this team will be great. Also need better mods especially speed for Teebo.

Cassian gives Speed down AND offense down (also buff immunity and ability block but only useful with the green pigs).

Replies

• Rapid
    421 posts Member
    aren't you relying very heavily on RNG with cassian? speed down and offence down may never come and you've got little hope of landing either on the rancor unless TPF hits him with a crit first. With all due respect I'd say you must have got pretty lucky to get 50% of stage 2 done with that team coming straight out of stage 1 (i.e. not being able to keep retreating until you get the right RNG).
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Rapid wrote: »
    aren't you relying very heavily on RNG with cassian? speed down and offence down may never come and you've got little hope of landing either on the rancor unless TPF hits him with a crit first. With all due respect I'd say you must have got pretty lucky to get 50% of stage 2 done with that team coming straight out of stage 1 (i.e. not being able to keep retreating until you get the right RNG).

I've made only one attempt with that team. Shock Grenade has a CD of 2 only, so with TMR, Speed down and Offense down are applied very quickly. I also have 80% potency on Cassian. Btw Teebo's lead is based on RNG since he's stealthed for 3 turns and have a CD of 5, so 2 turns without being stealthed if no luck.
    Cassian is very reliable especially on phase 1 where he can inflict his buff immunity to the gamo guards avoiding taunt and offense up.
    We have another raid tonight, I'll try again this team and post the result to compare.
    1st try last wednesday: 3.2M
    2nd try tonight: 2.9M
    Post edited by BulYwif on
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    2.9M P1 + 40% P2
  • P1+P2+20% of P3 with: (Teebo got eaten with 5% of rancor left)

Teebo - QGJ - Ewok Elder - Gen Soldier - Cassian

Cassian G9, rest G11... I used to have fives in Cassian's spot.

With an Omega on Shock Grenade he has the ability every other turn so can keep speeddown on.

Cassian does Nice damage with Crippling Shot.

With Offense down, my toons can survive "Rancor Slams" without going below 50% health, and then healed by the Elder...

Because Shock Grenade does no damage, it does not add TM(I think), which is useful sometimes. I always found Fives double hits a liability for raids as every time he attacks the rancor gains 10%tm.

One big issue with Cassian in rancor, shock grenade selects random targets. On the Rancor levels 50% of the debuffs will target the switch if it has health---Well debuffs did not seem to land on Rancor as often if the switch is active--- Best Strategy is to Drop the Door right before Cassian's turn so he can add speeddown after.

Sucks that Cassian will not stack debuffs. I.E. if a char already has DOT he will not add another.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Vice_torn wrote: »
    P1+P2+20% of P3 with: (Teebo got eaten with 5% of rancor left)

Teebo - QGJ - Ewok Elder - Gen Soldier - Cassian

Cassian G9, rest G11... I used to have fives in Cassian's spot.

With an Omega on Shock Grenade he has the ability every other turn so can keep speeddown on.

Cassian does Nice damage with Crippling Shot.

With Offense down, my toons can survive "Rancor Slams" without going below 50% health, and then healed by the Elder...

Because Shock Grenade does no damage, it does not add TM(I think), which is useful sometimes. I always found Fives double hits a liability for raids as every time he attacks the rancor gains 10%tm.

One big issue with Cassian in rancor, shock grenade selects random targets. On the Rancor levels 50% of the debuffs will target the switch if it has health---Well debuffs did not seem to land on Rancor as often if the switch is active--- Best Strategy is to Drop the Door right before Cassian's turn so he can add speeddown after.

Sucks that Cassian will not stack debuffs. I.E. if a char already has DOT he will not add another.

Nice result. I've also dropped Fives because of the double shot and the Rancor's TM gain. Cassian offense down helps for the survavibility. I think Jyn or Bistan can replace my QGJ. The problem with QGJ is that he has no health steal.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    P1 + P2 + 40% P3: 6.2M. Cassian hits good. Now gr 10.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    BulYwif wrote: »
    . I used him yesterday in Heroic Rancor, I could solo P1 and 50% of P2 with not so good gears and mods.

I used Teebo gr 9, Cassian gr 9, TFP gr 10, QGJ gr 11 and Rex gr 10. As soon as I can, I will replace QGJ by Jyn and this team will be great. Also need better mods especially speed for Teebo.

If you replace Cassian with Phasma, I'm sure, you will do even better. She gives speed down as well, and the TM she grants with her Victory March will save you whenever Teebo needs that extra TM to get ahead of the Rancor. Save her VM for when Teebo is unstealthed and at low TM (while Rancor has high TM).
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Cassian offense down helps for the survavibility. I think Jyn or Bistan can replace my QGJ. The problem with QGJ is that he has no health steal.

Offense down is not really necessary. The idea is to prevent the Rancor from taking any turns. The TM given by Phasma's VM will help you more there.

• BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »
    Cassian offense down helps for the survavibility. I think Jyn or Bistan can replace my QGJ. The problem with QGJ is that he has no health steal.

Offense down is not really necessary. The idea is to prevent the Rancor from taking any turns. The TM given by Phasma's VM will help you more there.

Offense down increase survivability. It helped for the last rancor. Without it, I won't have done this score. Advantage of Cassian is that he's making no damage when applying debuffs, so no TM gain for the Rancor.
  • Vice_torn
    599 posts Member
    Where Offense Down helps is with Rancor Slam.... And being stable. If you only take half the damage it is easier to keep your toons healed.

After the rancor does "Rancor Slam" his cool-down on devour is reduced by one for every toon below 50%. Offense down prevents this extra reduction, extending the fight.

Most tm squads use a toon that applies speed-down... IMO Cassian is better then plasma because he is faster, starts with potency up, and his speedown skill has a 2turn cooldown.

Compared to fives. Cassian adds less tm per turn (fives double taps for 10%tm on rancor, and cassian's debuff skill adds no tm at all as it does no damage). Often with fives I find him feeding rancor tm.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Vice_torn wrote: »
    Where Offense Down helps is with Rancor Slam.... And being stable. If you only take half the damage it is easier to keep your toons healed.

After the rancor does "Rancor Slam" his cool-down on devour is reduced by one for every toon below 50%. Offense down prevents this extra reduction, extending the fight.

Most tm squads use a toon that applies speed-down... IMO Cassian is better then plasma because he is faster, starts with potency up, and his speedown skill has a 2turn cooldown.

Compared to fives. Cassian adds less tm per turn (fives double taps for 10%tm on rancor, and cassian's debuff skill adds no tm at all as it does no damage). Often with fives I find him feeding rancor tm.

Exactly. And Cassian second special hits really harder than Phasma. My Cassian for Rancor is modded for Potency (90%) so he does not crit a lot, but he's doing 8-9k without crit and when the door is down, he hits for 20k.
  • P1+P2+P3+P4!!!

IMG_0132.PNG

All survived... But I did have Cassian Escape...

Phase 2,3 were both very close. Tactics on 2/3... Wait to drop the door till it necessary to stop the rancor from moving, You should be able to drop the door twice in each phase, Don't drop the door for the second time until Devour cooldown is at 1. With offense down on, you can survive the rancor damage, the idea is to not get eaten. BY waiting for Devour to be at 1 you get an extra rancor move to kill it.

MY GS did seem to call Cassian to assist more then the others... Any of the the other three would be more useful... I do not know what how the game picks an assisting toon. I know RG was always a magnet for assists.

One tactic I used in P4 is when the Rancor's Enrage timer was at 1, I use Escape on Cassian. I did the last 30% of P4 without the Rancor moving with my other 4 toons. This tactic could be used in p2 or p3 if RNG goes bad.

Took a little under an Hour to clear it... but I was watching tv at the same time so I guess it could be done faster.
    -Replacing GS with Jyn is an option for Better TM control.
    -Will try to record assist rates next Raid...
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member