Why is retreat inaccessible during enemy turn

AnonymousMeh
357 posts Member
edited May 2017
Its not often, but there are times where the enemy gets back to back turns because of tm gains or because my whole team gets stunned. When this happens, the battle can go from feeling like I can still win to "oh crap, close the app now!" real quickly. I've had a medicore team equipped in gw without paying much attention to who I was facing & lost without getting a turn.

Does anyone know if there is a reason we are unable to retreat during the other teams turn? The game can be paused by swiping down from the top of the screen or hitting the window change button in the lower left on android, so it seems like the ability to pause during the other teams turn isn't an issue. You can close the app & restart it at that point, but I don't understand the point of making us restart the app as opposed to just leaving the settings button accessible.

Replies

• Omg no way... u lost once?!!?
    Look into the eyes of the dragon and despair....
  • Omg no way... u lost once?!!?

Lol, maybe twice.
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    Completely agree.
  • This game is a turn based rpg, so, you have to wait your turn to attempt an escape, it's the same reason you can't attack during the oponents turn
  • This game is a turn based rpg, so, you have to wait your turn to attempt an escape, it's the same reason you can't attack during the oponents turn

Fair point.
  • Supercat
    3250 posts Member
    This game is a turn based rpg, so, you have to wait your turn to attempt an escape, it's the same reason you can't attack during the oponents turn

So if I counter attack, I can retreat?
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    I hate to say this but, even a year after the change, I still prefer the original retreat. It made sense that retreat was only available during your turn back then.
    The original retreat, didn't reset the mission. It retreated at it's current state so if you lost someone and retreated, they were dead. However, the enemy state maintained it's status as well so you could go in with a team take out the leader and retreat and then return with another team to clean up the remaining 4 opponents.

IMO, it led to a much more strategic thinking on how to win rather than retreat and repeat.
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    Varlie wrote: »
    I hate to say this but, even a year after the change, I still prefer the original retreat. It made sense that retreat was only available during your turn back then.
    The original retreat, didn't reset the mission. It retreated at it's current state so if you lost someone and retreated, they were dead. However, the enemy state maintained it's status as well so you could go in with a team take out the leader and retreat and then return with another team to clean up the remaining 4 opponents.9

IMO, it led to a much more strategic thinking on how to win rather than retreat and repeat.

So it was like escape?

That's the issue I see in GW anyway. Retreat isn't like the escape power in raids. It's accessed from settings, and is a complete reset of the battle. Like OP pointed out, you can pause during opponent's turn. You should be able to access other settings like volume or whatever else is in there. So why not escape?
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Those Battle Droids your playing only want equal chances.... they have just 1 job, dont rob them of that!
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Pause. Close app. Reload.
  • Because it's not your turn.
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    crzydroid wrote: »
    Varlie wrote: »
    The original retreat, didn't reset the mission. It retreated at it's current state so if you lost someone and retreated, they were dead. However, the enemy state maintained it's status as well so you could go in with a team take out the leader and retreat and then return with another team to clean up the remaining 4 opponents.9

So it was like escape?

That's the issue I see in GW anyway. Retreat isn't like the escape power in raids. It's accessed from settings, and is a complete reset of the battle. Like OP pointed out, you can pause during opponent's turn. You should be able to access other settings like volume or whatever else is in there. So why not escape?

Yes but for entire team and it was 100%. People complained at the time that others were using force close to bypass the loss of a character and others complained because people would use the escape/flee to work on cooldowns and heal. They would kill every opponent except for a single high-health, low damage (Chewbacca) character, retreat and then bring in a healer to heal the team back to full before killing Chewie.

As with everything else on the forums, people argued over this and the reset option won.