Advice for lvl 50 FTP

Hi, I've been reading the boards a lot, with some great advice here, but I feel I'm still uncertain which direction to go from here.

I'm mostly FTP, I've spent on Dooku and daily crystals, my one 8 pack chromium was a great disappointment of unexciting shards, so I'm not going to bother again. I generally spend crystals on 3 normal refills and 1 cantina.

Currently I'm lvl 50 with: 4s Dooku; 4s Sidious; 4s Consular; 4s Lumi; 4s Daka; 5s Chewie; 5s Talia; 2s Res Trooper; 1s Tie pilot; 3s Lobot

I'm spending Cantina on Daka, Arena on Sid, GW on Lumi, and cantina battles on Consular.

I was levelling up Chewie as there are lots of shard options, but at 5s I find him disappointing, and I've given up on him. He is no longer in my Arena squad. The same with Talia.
I've on,y just got Daka, but like her a lot, my occasional stun on normal attack is helping a lot.

Both Res trooper and Tie pilot are glass cannons, and particularly with the Tie having no FTP shards, they're out of my squad now, except Light/Dark progression and occasional GW use.

Any advice on progression from here? Any of the ones I've written off become better at higher levels? Are my various token spends sensible, and where should I spend next: lvl my current choices to 7s, or leave them lower?

Many thanks in advance for anyone who spares time to advise.

Replies

• I'm a level 47 FTP player and would say as long as your gear is up to par with your squad your doing fine. I also just started paying the 50 crystals for 5 extra arena uses and am pleased. Might not be the most useful buts it's fun :).
  • Sysy
    307 posts Member
    As a lvl 54 player, I actually think you are doing way better than I am. I invested my tokens here and there for a bigger squad, but my Dooku is still 3 star and I just have 30 Daka shards. The only suggestion I have is that 3 healers seem too many. So perhaps you should choose 2 out of them, depending on your squad synergy. I actually think Daka should be there to take care of glass canons, while Consular should heal a more traditional line-up.
    swgoh.gg/u/Sysydrexler007
  • Damo wrote: »
    Hi, I've been reading the boards a lot, with some great advice here, but I feel I'm still uncertain which direction to go from here.

I'm mostly FTP, I've spent on Dooku and daily crystals, my one 8 pack chromium was a great disappointment of unexciting shards, so I'm not going to bother again. I generally spend crystals on 3 normal refills and 1 cantina.

Currently I'm lvl 50 with: 4s Dooku; 4s Sidious; 4s Consular; 4s Lumi; 4s Daka; 5s Chewie; 5s Talia; 2s Res Trooper; 1s Tie pilot; 3s Lobot

I'm spending Cantina on Daka, Arena on Sid, GW on Lumi, and cantina battles on Consular.

I was levelling up Chewie as there are lots of shard options, but at 5s I find him disappointing, and I've given up on him. He is no longer in my Arena squad. The same with Talia.
    I've on,y just got Daka, but like her a lot, my occasional stun on normal attack is helping a lot.

Both Res trooper and Tie pilot are glass cannons, and particularly with the Tie having no FTP shards, they're out of my squad now, except Light/Dark progression and occasional GW use.

Any advice on progression from here? Any of the ones I've written off become better at higher levels? Are my various token spends sensible, and where should I spend next: lvl my current choices to 7s, or leave them lower?

Many thanks in advance for anyone who spares time to advise.

I was lucky to get my tie pilot to 3* bc I was lucky with a pack I purchased for free. And you're really not FTP, I only spent 5$ on the crystals for 21 days and I don't consider myself ftp, well slightly. I still find the tie pilot worth but yes if he goes down your team lost a lot of power but if you consider Ashoka vs tie, he has way more hp than she does but so much more dps. Granted I run wookie for the taunt and self heal is legit. I personally love to see teams without a wookie or taunt unless it's a fully stacked sidious bc of his heal immunity. Anyways I'm a 46 whooping 47-50s at rank 36 on my server. i run 5* g6 sidious, 3* g6 talia, 4* G6 luminara, 3* g6.5 tie pilot, and 4* G5 wookie. Basically wookie is my pincushion.
  • Sysy wrote: »
    As a lvl 54 player, I actually think you are doing way better than I am. I invested my tokens here and there for a bigger squad, but my Dooku is still 3 star and I just have 30 Daka shards. The only suggestion I have is that 3 healers seem too many. So perhaps you should choose 2 out of them, depending on your squad synergy. I actually think Daka should be there to take care of glass canons, while Consular should heal a more traditional line-up.

Hey that 3* dooku with g6 or 7 gear is still ridiculous man. He still does work all day long.
  • I'm a level 47 FTP player and would say as long as your gear is up to par with your squad your doing fine. I also just started paying the 50 crystals for 5 extra arena uses and am pleased. Might not be the most useful buts it's fun :).

best crystals spent are 50 on arena and 50 for energy refill. I wouldn't go to spend any,ore than that unless you're within 36min of prizes and you can go from 100-51 rank to 20. In that case you're making the extra 100 crystals back (after the initial 50 spent). Personally I don't do that bc It's hard for me to get past the 30s and you'd have to play about 1.5 hrs before the reset without looking away and timing your stay in the arena
  • Thanks for replies.
  • [/quote]
    Hey that 3* dooku with g6 or 7 gear is still ridiculous man. He still does work all day long.
    [/quote]

Yeah, my 3* Dooku is VII maxed, at lvl 55 he has like 6.4k hp. And I have upgraded all his skills to lvl 5. I am now 28/30 shards to upgrade him. So a day or two I should have him at 4 stars. I also maxed gears on my 4* Tarkin VII 4/6 and Concular VIII 5/6, but since then they cannot really improve unless I upgrade their stars, which is really painful.
    swgoh.gg/u/Sysydrexler007