Shrouded in Secrecy...Darth Bane is fan favorite?

13Next

Replies

• I'd like to see Revan for sure but Darth Scion and Treya would be good additions too if they have synergy with nihilus
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    I'd like to see Revan for sure but Darth Scion and Treya would be good additions too if they have synergy with nihilus

Return of the Sith!
  • Any
    428 posts Member
    Woodroward wrote: »
    Omeah wrote: »
    DatBoi wrote: »
    Mullato wrote: »
    Mullato wrote: »
    1) who is darth bane
    2) why should I care
    3) if I have to ask these questions, is he really a "fan favorite"

Sorry, but have you honestly never heard of Darth bane?

He was even featured in the clone wars.

Ive heard people mention him on the forums along with a plethora of other characters i'm expected to be familiar with but know nothing about. I dont have a huge desire to research every character people expect me to be fascinated with unless i know they're being added to the game (nihilus).

I have seen Clone Wars but you'll have to remind me what episodes he was in and what he did. Theres more than a few characters in that show and i cant memorize all of them.

I dont think you are "expected" to know anything. I'd think you would want to learn about the characters. To each their own.

If i really want to learn about a character, it wont be from some fan written article on wookiepedia because frankly, thats boring and not how those characters are intended by their creators to be experienced. I was intrigued by TOR so i started KOTOR but i dont have the time or energy to seek out every book, comic, game, and fan theory just so i can be considered a "real fan".

Im not necessarily accusing you personally, but many people on the forums who have extensive knowledge of star wars lore outside of the movies tend to flaunt that knowledge and think that justifies their opinions over those of others.

A person's "fan status" isn't determined by the quantity of knowledge they possess, its based on their passion for what they do know and their ability to support their opinions and arguments concerning the source material.

Funny, I see the opposite: ppl who only watch movies degrade those who watch cartoons or omg, maybe even read books, or play video games; they state that our favourites are nothing, just because they didn't appear in movies they have no place in this game. I'm not saying there aren't any ppl like you described, but there are way more movie(and often OT)-snobs
    Disclaimer: clearly I'm not talking about you, you said you research characters, just not all

That's not what I have seen. I have seen people point out that fans of the EU or Rebels represent a small enough slice of Star Wars fans that EU/Rebels only characters simply don't have a large enough of a following to constitute a fan favorite. Not that they are nothing, not that they don't have fans. Just that their following is too small to be a fan favorite.

I have certainly seen lots of people overreact to these posts like their favorite character was just insulted though.

If EA really make Darth Bane release, it will help to expand fan base of EU or at least we will google about him.

I watched Clone war TV series because of this game, haha
  • To everyone saying Bane is canon, I know he is. I was merely stating that there are people out there that disregard Bane, Thrawn etc because they don't watch the tv shows and to them only the movies are canon (regardless that Disney has said otherwise) and so they will get mad (as you can see in the thread) when Bane and Thrawn are classified as fan favorites (they are btw) those same people also think Maul died at the end of TPM.
  • The0n3
    984 posts Member
    Well, even though i really like Darth Bane (after all, he was a bad***** and created the rule of two!!), i don't think you could call him as a "fan favorite"... There's a different weight when it comes to "fan favorite"... Specially when the devs said it would be a fan fav....

I'm guessing Jango Fett for June... Some ppl are saying Thrawn... Well, i haven't watched rebels so i don't know him, but he seems to be popular enough... But if i had to choose between any of those two "fan fav", i would go with Bane, hands down...

But again, they used the words "fan favorite"... It's hard to believe it wont be a movie character...
  • Any wrote: »

If EA really make Darth Bane release, it will help to expand fan base of EU or at least we will google about him.

I watched Clone war TV series because of this game, haha

I saw Nihilus, researched him, but I was more interested on what he's based from and ended up watching Spirited Away...haha
  • Starkiller maybe? Vader kept him a secret from Palp
  • I really hope it is Bane, with Zannah to follow later on