ST Han or Shoretrooper?

First off, my team is Ackbar (L), Leia, ST Han, Ezra and R2D2. And here's the .gg account https://swgoh.gg/u/steelmemes/

Question is: Will I be benefiting more from Han's tm gain or the potential perma taunt from Shore (once geared up/modded properly) losing buffs like foresight, advantage and tactical genius frequently? Swapping in Shore also removes the weakest character from potential assists through Ackbars lead.
So, stay the course and make Han faster or swap him out, what would you advise?

Replies

• Shores attack isn't nearly as good as Hans is. And in your setup, id definitely much rather have Hans tm manipulation than shores taunt. Half of his taunt is based around Empire toons as well
  • WompWompRat
    1833 posts Member
    If you want a permataunter, get Sith Trooper and run him with four Siths.

Shore is awesome in an Empire team but your setup makes more sense to go with Han even if he's squishy and not very tanky compared many others like Baze
  • Took a few minutes to look over your SWGOH.gg account. Not a 100% thorough analysis but...

I'd use SThan.

Move your speed mods around to make him the fastest on your team and/or faster than your opponents. Get him to taunt first, and the TM gains should more than make up for any speed lost from moving mods around.

Hope that helps!

• One more thing...

Consider using Lando-lead.

Consider replacing AA & Ezra with Lando & Boba Fett, respectively.

Also try switching between Lando & Fett leads.

Ezra is a great character. So is AA. But I think they are your weak links in this setup.

Let me know what happpens. Good luck!
  • One more thing...

Consider using Lando-lead.

Consider replacing AA & Ezra with Lando & Boba Fett, respectively.

Also try switching between Lando & Fett leads.

Ezra is a great character. So is AA. But I think they are your weak links in this setup.

Let me know what happpens. Good luck!

Any team relying upon Han as a tank has to be fast and lethal cause he's really bad at soaking up damages and taunting. Speed and tenacity is all you need so i wouldn't use Han under anything than a AA lead. I don't hink one can easily beat R2D2 in speed under a AA lead, once Han gets the smoke screen he doesn't even need to taunt anymore.

Plus Lando is a beast when played along with Han and AA. AA (l) Leia, Lando, Han & R2D2 could work fine.
  • Using R2 to force-taunt (or whatever it's called) SThan could work on offense. Here are my concerns with that:

- The foresight allows STH to dodge. You want him to get hit to feed TM.

- You can't control who R2 chooses on defense (AI). That is, unless someone has figured it out.

I like AA lead. But in the long run, it's very difficult to justify giving all that speed and TM to a guy who can't do as much damage and/or debuff enemy like Wiggs, Lando, Boba, etc.

Yes, SThan will die. That's how it works. He takes hits, speeds up your team, then team does massive burst damage. And that's the trick -- you gotta seize that window of extra TM speed and do as much damage as possible.

Wedge lead will grant self-heals to Rebels & an extra 45-75 speed to Wiggs, which replaces AA in every way. OP didn't ask about Wiggs, kinda figured they already know at this point.

And yes, TFP &/or B2 can shut you down. But look around your leaderboard and pick opponents wisely.
  • If you want a permataunter, get Sith Trooper and run him with four Siths.

Shore is awesome in an Empire team but your setup makes more sense to go with Han even if he's squishy and not very tanky compared many others like Baze

wrong. If you want a permataunter, run Baze or K2.
  • If you want a permataunter, get Sith Trooper and run him with four Siths.

wrong. If you want a permataunter, run Baze or K2.

I didn't find K2 taunt that reliable tbh and each time i face a Rogue one team he's not tanking a lot.
    Baze is fine for a first round taunt but if you can't kill a toon fast he'll just stop tanking since no one is stupid enough to focus Chirrut.

Shoretrooper and Royal Guard are both reliable.

Unless you're facing a Nihilus lead team the only permataunter is GK.
  • Many thanks for the responses. Consensus seems to be stick with Han, so thanks again for that. My thinking with Shore was he'd have a short cool down because of R2 supplying him with Foresight and the others using up the Tactical Genius.
    Ackbar's a personally favourite of mine so I don't know if I want to switch him out for lando. Might be irrational but there you go. Plus Rex's killed me before I swapped him out for R2. As for Ezra, the bomb he drops with Leia + Random third can be pretty potent, but I'm always open to changing things up and Boba's solid toon. I'd been wondering about Fulcrum and if she'd be a better fit instead of either Leia or Ezra.
    Anyway, main take away is stick with Han. I think I'll wait until Fulcrum is out in the wild before changing things further.