Speed Changes and Poe Dameron

Replies

• Why change Poe until we can see what a 7* Darth Maul can do to him? or a 7* yoda, for that matter? I mean unless your the whale of all whales (7*Ben & 7* Secura), you have no idea how Poe interacts against other top tier toon. so why change him?... or is it just, since my team can't beat a Poe team, I'll cry, and cry for a nerf for 2 months, and like a little spoil brat, I get what I want? .. If so? then NERF Phasma!! Cause I din't get her free!, I got Poe! hihi but now :'( regret upgrading him.
  • SpeedWeed wrote: »
    Still not seeing anyone show a working meta change

Everyone who wants to be competitive runs high speed high damage core

Whose playing full ashoka ventress and all the slow toons or tanks composition?

I'm 8-0 tonight after the change with a tank heavy / slow aoe build - specifically, Snowtrooper, Phasma, Kylo, Sid leader, and poggle....vs. Poe / Jinn / GS / FOTP / Sid / Rey / Dooku combos - maxed 7* gear 8+ versions. You just need to look at toons that have 14k+ health generally and because the AI does a poor job with focus fire you'll survive. Before the change vs. these teams it was 60% win rate - I'd move that to at least 75%. Seems to be higher, but just being conservative there.

If I could star Vader, I'd pull Poggle and use him for a 5th AOE + the DOTs and stack them with Sid. DoTs are awesome now.
  • SpeedWeed wrote: »
    Still not seeing anyone show a working meta change

Everyone who wants to be competitive runs high speed high damage core

Whose playing full ashoka ventress and all the slow toons or tanks composition?

I'm 8-0 tonight after the change with a tank heavy / slow aoe build - specifically, Snowtrooper, Phasma, Kylo, Sid leader, and poggle....vs. Poe / Jinn / GS / FOTP / Sid / Rey / Dooku combos - maxed 7* gear 8+ versions. You just need to look at toons that have 14k+ health generally and because the AI does a poor job with focus fire you'll survive. Before the change vs. these teams it was 60% win rate - I'd move that to at least 75%. Seems to be higher, but just being conservative there.

If I could star Vader, I'd pull Poggle and use him for a 5th AOE + the DOTs and stack them with Sid. DoTs are awesome now.

At what rank and does it hold on defense?

My question is partly sarcasm because I have not seen any changes in my arena top 20.

( granted my server isn't particularly old )
  • Gurley30 wrote: »
    The Poe nerf was not in the patch notes?????????

The WHOLE point of releasing patch notes is that this game requires an immense amount of time and planning!

So when you release the patch notes you are signaling to people HOW they can plan!

I dumped ALL my Cantina Resources into Poe based off of information YOU gave us! This is unbelievable - I spent MONEY on this and now it gets pulled out from under us without notice! Worse yet- it was pulled out from under us with a FALSE PRETENSE

I am done with this game if I don't get my cantina shipments back that I spent over the last 7 days on this character. This is unbelievable

You will never get any refunds for anything. For over a month they only paid me out 400 green gems for the entire galactic war, and it should have been 1200! So conservativly they owed me at least 40,000 (it also shorted me $ & shards but I couldn't prove it with screen shots) & it was a huge set back after I'd invested hard earned money. The real kind. They never reimbursed me a dime even after I proved the scenario with screen shots. They're straight up bandits. Unfortunately you can't invest trust in these people & since I've just stopped investing hard cash like I was before. They should be reported to consumer affairs; electronic property is still property.

Report them then, if you get anywhere come back and tell us
    Roger roger
  • @JohnnySteelAlpha you gonna close this thread too? It appears the nerf (stealth or not) WAS intentional. Keep White Knighting though.
  • I really don't think this nerf is necessary. I bit like the Barriss nerf I think EA have gone completely overboard. Think about it

- QGJ is now freely available
    - You can see the opposition team in arena now.
    - If Poe is in the opposition team you put QGJ in yours. If QGJ is in the opposition team you take Poe out and put a DPS in because there is no point running Poe.
    - Don't have QGJ? For A$90 he's yours in the pack.

Nerfing Poe is not necessary.
    If you are going to shoot, shoot, don't talk - Tuco Ramirez
  • MenaceTEC wrote: »
    MenaceTEC wrote: »
    meanpride wrote: »
    @MenaceTEC Why not just get your refund and leave the game and this forum? Whats the point of staying if all you have is complaints.

He wants to "see this through" whatever that means. I don't think he knows what "quitting" means, but I sure don't like his definition of it.

Oh yes I'm gonna let some trolling by a guy with a bad pun for a name run me off.

Oh noes!

The GT is actually a reference to an old song, not sure where the pun is.

Anyway, I'm not trying to run you off. In fact, I thought you would do that to yourself with the whole "quitting" rant before. You're not doing anything constructive, are clouding an important topic with your nonsense buyer's remorse, and have such an acrimonious tone that to rifle through your comments is an eye sore.

More to the topic, speed it huge and it shouldn't have so easily slipped the patch notes. But it did. We all knew Poe was looking at an aftershock of a nerf, and he got one (-1 speed in an arena with no speed tiers in addition to some minor stat changes). I don't see the big deal.

For the future: more scrupulous care for patch notes, if any at all.

What quitting rant? I told EA they can close my account if they so chose in order to refund my purchases. What other way do they have to roll back progress etc. Do you have some better suggestion since you have so much to say?

If I were F2P bottom feeder I wouldn't bother asking for a refund. Get it? I won't spend a dime on this game again that's for sure.

Allowing them to "repo" my account doesn't mean I said I would quit. Though that is indeed how I feel right now.

You must not have read any posts prior to today from me? My posts have been all constructive despite the toxic nature of the trolls inhabiting this board and making it a cesspool.

Yes you are civil, the bottom feeder remark will certainly win you friends
    Roger roger
  • GoaT1221 wrote: »
    biggest bunch of crybabies ive ever seen in my life, get over it.

Biggest water object that cleans nether regions...
  • Jek_Face wrote: »
    @JohnnySteelAlpha you gonna close this thread too? It appears the nerf (stealth or not) WAS intentional. Keep White Knighting though.

Actually he is the White Wizard.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Dilligaf wrote: »
    @MenaceTEC Why not just get your refund and leave the game and this forum? Whats the point of staying if all you have is complaints.

He wants to "see this through" whatever that means. I don't think he knows what "quitting" means, but I sure don't like his definition of it.

Oh yes I'm gonna let some trolling by a guy with a bad pun for a name run me off.

Oh noes!

Anyway, I'm not trying to run you off. In fact, I thought you would do that to yourself with the whole "quitting" rant before. You're not doing anything constructive, are clouding an important topic with your nonsense buyer's remorse, and have such an acrimonious tone that to rifle through your comments is an eye sore.

More to the topic, speed it huge and it shouldn't have so easily slipped the patch notes. But it did. We all knew Poe was looking at an aftershock of a nerf, and he got one (-1 speed in an arena with no speed tiers in addition to some minor stat changes). I don't see the big deal.

What quitting rant? I told EA they can close my account if they so chose in order to refund my purchases. What other way do they have to roll back progress etc. Do you have some better suggestion since you have so much to say?

If I were F2P bottom feeder I wouldn't bother asking for a refund. Get it? I won't spend a dime on this game again that's for sure.

Allowing them to "repo" my account doesn't mean I said I would quit. Though that is indeed how I feel right now.

You must not have read any posts prior to today from me? My posts have been all constructive despite the toxic nature of the trolls inhabiting this board and making it a cesspool.

I got ripped off. Now I'm getting railroaded by trolls who want to keep there arena freebies by whatever means possible.

Anyone who says I have not been positive about things here hasn't bothered to read my posts for the past months. Has my tone changed today? Yes to the vitriol that won the day and drowned out the rational people. Can't beat em join em.
  • Monkeyman wrote: »
    I really don't think this nerf is necessary. I bit like the Barriss nerf I think EA have gone completely overboard. Think about it

- QGJ is now freely available
    - You can see the opposition team in arena now.
    - If Poe is in the opposition team you put QGJ in yours. If QGJ is in the opposition team you take Poe out and put a DPS in because there is no point running Poe.
    - Don't have QGJ? For A$90 he's yours in the pack.

Nerfing Poe is not necessary.

Australian $90?

Join my guild bro! ANZGC!
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Mizo
    172 posts Member
    So everyone was posting for a month about how Poe should be nerfed so they did and now everyone is crying that it wasn't the exact nerf they wanted. My Poe was maxxed long ago but I'm not crying. Poe works fine still and you actually don't want your tank to go first against this AI.
  • EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Speed and how this version has affected it across the board:
    • Speed, prior to this update, was not incredibly precise (hence the grouping of units of close Speed characters into a Tier).
    • Speed is now very precise and 1 point of Speed over another character guarantees the initial turn order.
    • Only in the case of an exact tie is it a coin toss.

Poe Dameron’s balancing changes were made by changing equipment pieces at Gear Lvl II and Gear Lvl III. This was done to avoid as much disruption as possible for players working toward completion of higher Gear Lvls. We aim to make targeted changes such as this as to not directly change the statistics of Gear items as that affects numerous characters who share it.

Due to this targeted approach, the goal was to address his high amount of Tenacity, additional stats were affected – both positively and negatively. These totals are provided at the end of this post.

We value the developer and community relationship but mistakes will happen on both sides when it comes to communication. We’re in this together to make Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes the best game it can be.

With that said, the following are all very important aspects to developing the game:
    • Balance changes will happen. Some popular, some not. It’s a double-edged sword where one side of the fence is pleased and the other is upset.
    • Going forward, if we make a targeted change like this, we will aim to detail out the full and complete change to all statistics. This was our mistake and we own up to that. It was not intended to be a stealth nerf.

Due to the missed communication of Poe, here’s what we’re doing:
    • We’re going to let all of his balance changes remain as they exist today but will keep a close eye on how he’s performing and address accordingly.

The following statistics breakdown is the entirety of changes that affected Poe Dameron at level 70 and his absolute maximum gear level:
    • -23 Strength
    • +15 Agility
    • -7 Intelligence
    • -1 Speed
    • -444 Health
    • +5% Health Steal
    • -15% Tenacity
    • +31 Physical Damage
    • +9 Armor
    • +6 Physical Critical Rating
    • -29 Special Damage

Let me explain what is going on.... This nerf is coming just as Yoda comes out. Poe would have been a Yoda killer or nullify him. They just cannot have that! That would mean less money for all those peeps trying to get Yoda. I still stand by my statement.. This is unacceptable, and I think a few million negative Google Play reviews would do that job here.
  • Gurley30 wrote: »
    Everyone saying "Poe is still usable" are completely missing the point. People aren't angry over that - they are angry over being misled.

Patch notes signal how players can plan their game over time. Doing a last minute switch like this spits in the face of that

That is the point! Period.

Refund those who spend their hard earned money while beeing misled. You owe them.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    CptCaveman wrote: »
    Judging by the comments made a while back by the dev on Reddit, it seems that maybe there was a fundamental flaw in the way that speed worked from the very beginning. He stated that there were no speed tiers and that the toon with the higher speed would always go first. This was obviously not the case and the community thought they had it figured out with the great speed guide from Team Instinct.

It is obvious from that post that there was a big difference in how the community viewed how speed worked, how the devs viewed how speed worked, and the way speed actually worked. My question is when did the developers become aware of this flaw? Was it recent? After the speed guide came out? Before the speed guide came out?

If they knew about this flaw from the beginning, it was kind of wrong to leave it and allow the whole meta to be built around it for so long before making a change. If they didn't know about it until recently, it calls into question their testing methods and makes them look incompetent. Surely they would have known about the flaw after the speed guide was posted and became the go to explanation for speed.

This change to speed goes far beyond the Poe issue, it completely changes the meta. This could have a much larger effect on many more toons that we have invested time, resources, and even real money into.

I really feel that CG would be better served to go for complete transparency on this issue and provide the community with an explanation.

I think they noticed the speed were broken, after the level cap went up to 70, and gear VIII, and saw a speed coin toss between a speed 143 and a speed 161, witch makes no sence at all.
    Vos wrote: »
    So since poe is dead is it too early to star the nerf/you ruined yoda n give me a refund thread?

LOL

@CG/EA in future release notes, do what others do, be vague, like
    • Made changes to Poe
    • Made changes speed
    • Made changes to other stuff

The more you are trying to be detailed about changes, more mistakes will be made
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Speed and how this version has affected it across the board:
    • Speed, prior to this update, was not incredibly precise (hence the grouping of units of close Speed characters into a Tier).
    • Speed is now very precise and 1 point of Speed over another character guarantees the initial turn order.
    • Only in the case of an exact tie is it a coin toss.

Poe Dameron’s balancing changes were made by changing equipment pieces at Gear Lvl II and Gear Lvl III. This was done to avoid as much disruption as possible for players working toward completion of higher Gear Lvls. We aim to make targeted changes such as this as to not directly change the statistics of Gear items as that affects numerous characters who share it.

Due to this targeted approach, the goal was to address his high amount of Tenacity, additional stats were affected – both positively and negatively. These totals are provided at the end of this post.

We value the developer and community relationship but mistakes will happen on both sides when it comes to communication. We’re in this together to make Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes the best game it can be.

With that said, the following are all very important aspects to developing the game:
    • Balance changes will happen. Some popular, some not. It’s a double-edged sword where one side of the fence is pleased and the other is upset.
    • Going forward, if we make a targeted change like this, we will aim to detail out the full and complete change to all statistics. This was our mistake and we own up to that. It was not intended to be a stealth nerf.

Due to the missed communication of Poe, here’s what we’re doing:
    • We’re going to let all of his balance changes remain as they exist today but will keep a close eye on how he’s performing and address accordingly.

The following statistics breakdown is the entirety of changes that affected Poe Dameron at level 70 and his absolute maximum gear level:
    • -23 Strength
    • +15 Agility
    • -7 Intelligence
    • -1 Speed
    • -444 Health
    • +5% Health Steal
    • -15% Tenacity
    • +31 Physical Damage
    • +9 Armor
    • +6 Physical Critical Rating
    • -29 Special Damage

Let me explain what is going on.... This nerf is coming just as Yoda comes out. Poe would have been a Yoda killer or nullify him. They just cannot have that! That would mean less money for all those peeps trying to get Yoda. I still stand by my statement.. This is unacceptable, and I think a few million negative Google Play reviews would do that job here.

This is why I'm upset. It's not good enough to spend a few hundred dollars maxi it valuable characters. They will shortly be made useless so you must continue to purchase the new character of the month.
  • MenaceTEC wrote: »
    Dilligaf wrote: »

Oh noes!

I got ripped off. Now I'm getting railroaded by trolls who want to keep there arena freebies by whatever means possible.

Anyone who says I have not been positive about things here hasn't bothered to read my posts for the past months. Has my tone changed today? Yes to the vitriol that won the day and drowned out the rational people. Can't beat em join em.

I'm simply pointing out you insinuated I was a bottom feeder simply for being FTP.

Seems troll has lost it's meaning.

Come play on twitter if you want to see trolling fun
    Roger roger

Oh noes!

I'm simply pointing out you insinuated I was a bottom feeder simply for being FTP.

I couldn't possibly know YOU or anyone else if F2P. And I don't care who pays and doesn't.

In specifically talking about those who make a lot of noise about changes that benefit them, strictly due to wanting a free game.
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    tbh...not sure if anyone already said this, but with the way speed works now, changes to poe are irrelevant. getting rid of the speed tiers has had a HUGE effect on arena and the rest of the game. pre nerf and post nerf poes are essentially the same. 444 hp and 1 speed isn't going to save anyone with the removal of coin flip first turn orders
    mighty chlorians
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Rolf wrote: »
    Just wow. So complete difference from the "official" post of two weeks ago. Very sad. All those resources wasted because we believed what was actually posted.

I'm sorry, but "owning up to it" would be rolling him back to what you said you would do, or refunding all resources spent on him since the official patch notes preview.

Want some cheese with that wine
    You don't seem to get it. This isn't about Poe and whether he deserved a nerf. It's not about refunds, game balance, team diversity, one speed point, or even about the huge meta change with this alteration to how speed works.

It's about the Devs giving us very specific, detailed notes for an upcoming patch, on which we as players base the expenditure of our limited resources. Then the patch comes out and it's vastly different from what they themselves told us on their official forums in their own stickied announcement posts. If we can't trust them to tell us what's actually happening, then we repeatedly waste all our time and energy, and for some, actual money.

You really think that's appropriate treatment of the players? Because while you may have benefitted from this incident, you're not going to be very happy the next time it's your team that gets hammered. Not just without warning, but in spite of official reassurances that you're safe. That's the issue here, trust.
    Post edited by Rolf on
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • Be thankful you get any update notes prior to a release at all.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    In specifically talking about those who make a lot of noise about changes that benefit them, strictly due to wanting a free game.
    You keep repeating that, but it doesn't become true no matter how much you repeat it. Many of the most vocal dudes against the Poe-coin-toss-meta are players who pay to play the game.
  • Triqui wrote: »
    You keep repeating that, but it doesn't become true no matter how much you repeat it. Many of the most vocal dudes against the Poe-coin-toss-meta are players who pay to play the game.

Don't selectively quote me. Again how can I know who does or does not pay. I know that many didn't pay cause they have posted in polls etc

Perhaps they were not being truthful. Those polls and lost posts are still available. Do the research. I don't intend to call people out by name but again... Ignorance is bliss and apparently a defense.
  • Azraelrulez
    1908 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Haha, funny how the Poe nerf brigade took offense at being called whiners but are now themselves calling the pro Poe guys similar names :lol:! Feels good to be on the winning side, eh? Bunch of self serving cry babies are what you are. Whine and gloat by turns depending on which way the wind blows...

On the changes made, CG did misguide the community, any way you spin it. They had pages of changes detailing gui corrections and they couldn't have at the least hinted at a major over haul of the game mechanics? Poor attempt at building trust in the community.

BTW, I just bought the Jedi pack and have no intention of quitting the game anytime soon. I like the game and I think change is good. I just don't like how CG pretended to share insider info aka release notes with us and went and did this.

Disclosure: I started working on Poe after the release notes and I'm sure a tank will come in handy sometime or other (4 stars on the way to 5). But, yes, I wouldn't have wasted the money on him with the multiple energy refreshes if I had known there was going to be a major change in how speed works in game and the extent to which Poe's attributes are going to be changed (-health in a tank?)
  • Dilligaf
    221 posts Member
    edited February 2016

Oh noes!

I couldn't possibly know YOU or anyone else if F2P. And I don't care who pays and doesn't.

Then don't make broad sweeping insults
    Roger roger
  • This is garbage. With the fixes in speed to the other characters, the nerf in speed for Poe was unnecessary.

Oh noes!

Then don't make broad sweeping insults

It was targeted at those intended. Interpret it as you wish.
  • This game is being balanced and controlled by PVP i.e. The Arena.

This constitutes a tiny part of the game. Yet it's the best source for free gems. I've read countless times how free players have been here longer and now can't keep there top 10 arena spot now due to Poe. Entitlement at its finest yet I see the same people tonight calling others the same.

Deny reality.
  • Why does anyone care about this change to Poe? Why even change him at all now? With the new way speed works, changing him from 143 to 142 accomplishes almost nothing. Now, he's guaranteed to act before Rey... and Hoth Rebel Scout. Those were the only two characters at exactly 143 speed. So they felt they had to change him for that? I don't get it.

And why are you so upset about this? Do you guys not realize the new speed system is a) better for the game, and b) that the Poe nerf is barely a nerf at all? It seriously altered almost nothing about him now.
  • Naecabon wrote: »
    Why does anyone care about this change to Poe? Why even change him at all now? With the new way speed works, changing him from 143 to 142 accomplishes almost nothing. Now, he's guaranteed to act before Rey... and Hoth Rebel Scout. Those were the only two characters at exactly 143 speed. So they felt they had to change him for that? I don't get it.

And why are you so upset about this? Do you guys not realize the new speed system is a) better for the game, and b) that the Poe nerf is barely a nerf at all? It seriously altered almost nothing about him now.

This is not a slight change. Not changing something that was not intended it a bug. Speed is not the only problem. One of these nerf might have been ok. All of them make him useless. People's advice tonight "take Poe out and replace him with X"

That's really viable.

-23 Strength
    +15 Agility
    -7 Intelligence
    -1 Speed
    -444 Health
    +5% Health Steal
    -15% Tenacity
    +31 Physical Damage
    +9 Armor
    +6 Physical Critical Rating
    -29 Special Damage
This discussion has been closed.