Vader rework

2Next

Replies

• Actually - what he needs is Unique: DoT damage cannot be reduced. DoT's cannot be converted into Hot's. DoT's by any ally are irresistible and subject to the same permanence and also cannot be converted. Vader can never be counter attacked, this effect is also irresistible.

Chaze, the Chos one ones, without any Zeta's needed, Nerfed Vader as much as anything.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Vader is already a solid character. No need for a rework. (I use him). He is more of a strategic character to be used in an Empire team than a solo character like Kylo Ren. Though I dislike Vader when he is not leader, I can then agree he is a bit crappy when not leader because its much harder to do insane damage with the saber throw.
  • vector6000 wrote: »
    Vader is already a solid character. No need for a rework. (I use him). He is more of a strategic character to be used in an Empire team than a solo character like Kylo Ren. Though I dislike Vader when he is not leader, I can then agree he is a bit **** when not leader because its much harder to do insane damage with the saber throw.

That's just it - of the Sith we have -- if you are not doing a Vader Lead -- then he's on the bench.

Kind of don't think his lead should be the ONLY thing going for him. I'd like to think that under one of the other Sith he should still shine....

Maybe even be half good enough you could even slot him in elsewhere? Like some other hard to get, hard to beat toons..... one that should, technically, not even be able to stand up to him.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    And this is why players don't make characters.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Synric
    62 posts Member
    vector6000 wrote: »
    Vader is already a solid character. No need for a rework. (I use him). He is more of a strategic character to be used in an Empire team than a solo character like Kylo Ren. Though I dislike Vader when he is not leader, I can then agree he is a bit **** when not leader because its much harder to do insane damage with the saber throw.

That's just it - of the Sith we have -- if you are not doing a Vader Lead -- then he's on the bench.

Kind of don't think his lead should be the ONLY thing going for him. I'd like to think that under one of the other Sith he should still shine....

Maybe even be half good enough you could even slot him in elsewhere? Like some other hard to get, hard to beat toons..... one that should, technically, not even be able to stand up to him.

I think whatever his unique is, the dot refresh from his leader should be moved to that, and keep the TM removal on his leader and just make it an omega. That zeta behaves more like a unique anyways.
  • ElleMadara wrote: »
    He just need yo hit harder, his culling blade should have 50% bonus attack, his bassic should do 3x the dmg that actually deals, and his AoE NEEDS to be stronger

No names like Wedge Antilles have AoE attacks that take 16K on ALL the enemies
    What does Darth Vader have?
    Force Crush, roughtly 3K and he is freaking DARTH VADER!
    That is not fair. Biggs, Leia, Han, Lando, Chirrut, Wedge, deal MASSIVE DAMAGE, and they are just humans with blasters.
    You have Darth Vader, THE CHOSEN ONE and you make him this Strong?
    He is the mascot of YOUR GAME CAPITAL GAMES/EA
    He is in the loading screen, even in the app newest LOGO (Along with Yoda too)
    Justice for Darth Vader

I'm surprised no one's said 'this is a holotable game that doesn't follow the Star Wars lore of who's powerful and who isn't'. That's what I always get when I say something about how the wrong toons have the best abilities (looking at you two who rhyme with blaze).

Vader and Yoda are both massive disappointments in this game considering who they are and how hard they are to get them. That no one uses them in arena, and very situationally in raids surely says that they're simply not good enough. At least Palp is worth the effort for his event, but I want to see the most iconic toons in Star Wars being the most powerful in game, plus Jedi Luke when he's released of course
  • ElleMadara wrote: »
    He just need yo hit harder, his culling blade should have 50% bonus attack, his bassic should do 3x the dmg that actually deals, and his AoE NEEDS to be stronger

No names like Wedge Antilles have AoE attacks that take 16K on ALL the enemies
    What does Darth Vader have?
    Force Crush, roughtly 3K and he is freaking DARTH VADER!
    That is not fair. Biggs, Leia, Han, Lando, Chirrut, Wedge, deal MASSIVE DAMAGE, and they are just humans with blasters.
    You have Darth Vader, THE CHOSEN ONE and you make him this Strong?
    He is the mascot of YOUR GAME CAPITAL GAMES/EA
    He is in the loading screen, even in the app newest LOGO (Along with Yoda too)
    Justice for Darth Vader
    To be fair, Force Crush is 3-5k damage and up to 15% of each target's max health taken on each of their next couple turns, or until Vader dies (depending on if he is lead or not). He also applies slow, but that can be cleansed.
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Synric wrote: »
    vector6000 wrote: »

I think whatever his unique is, the dot refresh from his leader should be moved to that, and keep the TM removal on his leader and just make it an omega. That zeta behaves more like a unique anyways.

This is what I think too. Though I'd like to see something added when the dot clause is moved to unique. Something like, when an enemy that has a dot attacks, they receive an additional dot. Like they are stressing the wound.

Then the unique could have the can't be cleansed clause and add a synergy clause for empire/sith/tarkin/palp to round out the unique.
  • STRIKEBOMB
    1232 posts Member
    Empire just got a faction pass. So no.
  • Blackbeardpepe
    1481 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    I agree vader should be better. Its like kylo being $99 in his pack for any new player. It should be worth it in the long run. Vader does have a unique kit, but now with fulcrum we are getting characters that are immune to his zeta. What??
  • This was literally the worst forum fad. At least the other ones are somewhat justified..... this is just fanboys who want whatever they invest in to be the most valuable
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    Unique; Vader gains +2 speed per debuff on all enemies.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    I agree vader should be better. Its like kylo being $99 in his pack for any new player. It should be worth it in the long run. Vader does have a unique kit, but now with fulcrum we are getting characters that are immune to his zeta. What??

Correction: We are getting character.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • XJStryker wrote: »
    Vaders basic needs a lil buffing it hits like a lemp noodle. That is all

Plus a gazillion
  • Boreas
    508 posts Member
    His damage output is a shame for an attacker, this is the problem with Vader, I agree that his basic and AoE should be much more stronger. Force Crush is one of the most powerful force powers in SW universe, it should really crush enemies, wipe out the low health ones and give a permanent speed down and DoT to the survivers.
  • SpamFolder wrote: »
    Exactly, it's Darth Vader!! And again, this is the most agonizing toon to get to 7*.

Tried hoth rebel soldier? And now added to the 1 hard node only party are shoretrooper, baze and nihilis...

At least you can now get vader shards from fleet store.... Used to be you only got his shards from achievements.... Then they came out with shard shop..... You think Vader is hard now? You have no idea....
  • Synric wrote: »
    Whenever rebel enemies gain a dot effect they also gain an additional dot effect.

Well that would be one way to utterly destroy all cleanse teams from the meta. Vaders lead reapplies dots whenever they expire. Put three dots on each enemy with Vader or a fast Sidious and after three cleanses they would have have 24 dots each. One turn after their protection is gone all enemies except Kylo will die even without Vader using culling blade or Boba using execute.