Maxed out Veers/Trooper. Feels bad. Maxed out Tarkin. Feels bad.

Prev1
Noktarn
401 posts Member
Every single Empire character updated sounded exciting. All relevant troopers G11, good mods.

I hate playing Jedi and "happy good guy characters".

Is this a chaze/triple cleanse/GK whine? Yes =(.

Stuck waiting on yet another character to grind up to max once they grace Empire with a cleanser or some dood that forces debuffs to stick on enemy characters.

CLEANSE should be resistible based on the potency of the debuff. Why is this not in the game? Why is cleanse 100% all the time? There's only one Empire dood who can gurantee some debuffs to stick post cleanse- even then it's highly situational.

-Can't crit them (Rex, Foresight).
-Can't debuff them (3x cleansers and guys to turn debuffs into buffs. Oh Hai tenacity up, all the time.).
-Can't DPS them (free HOT for all! Here have some Barris heals on every hit!).
-Can't target them (Hey two of my characters that do all of the above also auto taunt! Wicked!).
-Can't hit them (Oh sure, we also have retribution and counter on everyone, all the time).

Check. Mate.

Come on Capitol Games, let's add something magical to Tarkin here that makes sense. It feels like you've designed yourself into a hole with Chaze/GK/R2 covering any conceivable threat. Where is the design space?

Sith are ok. They have tricks that work... mad life steal, kill-them-behind protection, and TM/hidey tactics.

Replies

• Couldn't agree with you more!
  • Company is just too small to properly make a game with a big name.
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    Company is just too small to properly make a game with a big name.

I'm pretty sure the new squad I found is the meta.
  • Supercat
    3250 posts Member
    Nerf bat!!
    Realize your mistake devs.

Clash of clans and clash royale both balance, now look at top grossing
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Gank_Killer
    1817 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Olddumper wrote: »
    Company is just too small to properly make a game with a big name.

I'm pretty sure the new squad I found is the meta.

What did you come up with? Nevermind, found your post.
  • I definitely agree it's unfortunate this Tarkin rework is completely useless in the current state of the game. Any debuff you try to apply from him or his leader ability gets completely nullified from the quad cleansers (assuming the enemy has R2 Zeta as well). You get expose or offense down and the next second it's gone. Although the Imperial Trooper reworks have been nowhere near amazing as the Sith, I've been having a lot of fun with them in every game mode except arena. They suffer from all the drawbacks as you mentioned which makes me a tad bummed they can't be used in arena right now against a large majority of the best meta teams.

I highly doubt they will revise Tarkin's rework now that it's out. Who knows though, the game changes and maybe there will be a time all these Empire reworks will come in handy. Might be awhile though since Fulcrum Ahsoka will only amplify and strengthen the current state of arena right now.
  • Cru
    10 posts Member
    100% agree Ahnald, and this is coming from someone with all empire zetas except Storm and Gar.
    They got our hopes up with this empire faction pass and it really missed the mark IMHO.
  • Cleanse has been in the game since the beginning and tenacity up has been in the game for over a year with no changes to either. Why are people suddenly complaining about them now?
  • Mega_Man
    88 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    The devs definitely made the Empire stronger as a unit, but our hope was that the Empire pass would give us the ability to counter this in a much stronger way. I've seen various videos of nice Empire teams which give a glimmer of hope. I have tried various combos and just can't seem to find the right mix. I have a feeling that if I took my current mods and placed them on a meta team (some combo of rex, gk, chaze, r2, DN), I could get rank 1 more easily than if I place those same mods on my Empire team. That is the most unfortunate part of this whole "pass".
  • Empire is my absolute favorite faction and all I feel I got from their pass was a decent character for my zVader rancor team (Tarkin) and a decent team for p4 of the Haat (zVeers and the troopers). To top it all off they introduced 2 very strong terrorists (FAT and R2) in the middle of the Empire's "pass". I really hate to see my troopers gathering dust, waiting for the next round of reworks.
  • You think it's bad now? Wait until the new Ahsoka hits and what everyone assumes is going to be Jedi Luke. I can't imagine anyone trying to run a Dark Side squad after that.
  • Revi
    573 posts Member
    I agree with the part about cleanse not being resistible as everything else in the game is.
  • Sandybard
    156 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    You think it's bad now? Wait until the new Ahsoka hits and what everyone assumes is going to be Jedi Luke. I can't imagine anyone trying to run a Dark Side squad after that.

Yeah, if they haven't started already, everyone who doesn't have Chaze will be scrambling to get them to use with Fulcrum Ahsoka. Going to be all Chaze & R2, all the time. Why don't they just release a rebel toon with 5000 base speed and 700% crit damage and just call the game done?
  • DeadStormTrooper
    131 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Bad Mojo for my Zader team...
  • Kriesha
    113 posts Member
    Cleanse has been in the game since the beginning and tenacity up has been in the game for over a year with no changes to either. Why are people suddenly complaining about them now?

Oversaturation. Characters with good kits get this mechanic tacked on for extra luls.
  • Jedi_Reach_
    1337 posts Member
    Sandybard wrote: »
    You think it's bad now? Wait until the new Ahsoka hits and what everyone assumes is going to be Jedi Luke. I can't imagine anyone trying to run a Dark Side squad after that.

Yeah, if they haven't started already, everyone who doesn't have Chaze will be scrambling to get them to use with Fulcrum Ahsoka. Going to be all Chaze & R2, all the time. Why don't they just release a rebel toon with 5000 base speed and 700% crit damage and just call the game done?
    I'd be okay with that at this point.
  • danflorian1984
    986 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    People are starting from the premise that they failed doing what they wanted in this pass but the rebel releases prove that wrong. They knew perfectly well what they were doing, when they hyped up the empire pass and tricked players into buying the bundles/ or the crystals needed to gear toons that they knew they will amount to be close to nothing. If they wanted to shift the meta from rebels then R@ and Ahsoka wouldn't had been released.
  • Sandybard
    156 posts Member

Data mined Jedi Luke stats.
  • IvoB1987
    494 posts Member
    i play Tarkin lead in arena for fun and it works pretty well on offense for me but I do drop more ranks every day because on defense he sucks. But I'm not that competitive in arena any way. I float around rank 100-200
  • Supercat
    3250 posts Member

Data mined Jedi Luke stats.
    Liar.

Datamine of the bespin luke currently in game is bad. They'll probably buff him though
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Sandybard
    156 posts Member
    Cleanse has been in the game since the beginning and tenacity up has been in the game for over a year with no changes to either. Why are people suddenly complaining about them now?

I think it's because the debuff-heavy squads are a relatively recent fad. Blame the brief Empire & Zaul metas I guess.
  • AhnaldT101 wrote: »
    I definitely agree it's unfortunate this Tarkin rework is completely useless in the current state of the game. Any debuff you try to apply from him or his leader ability gets completely nullified from the quad cleansers (assuming the enemy has R2 Zeta as well). You get expose or offense down and the next second it's gone. Although the Imperial Trooper reworks have been nowhere near amazing as the Sith, I've been having a lot of fun with them in every game mode except arena. They suffer from all the drawbacks as you mentioned which makes me a tad bummed they can't be used in arena right now against a large majority of the best meta teams.

I highly doubt they will revise Tarkin's rework now that it's out. Who knows though, the game changes and maybe there will be a time all these Empire reworks will come in handy. Might be awhile though since Fulcrum Ahsoka will only amplify and strengthen the current state of arena right now.

Agreed. I have had fun in GW with the troopers update and they can be fun in HAAT, not clones or resistance level fun, but better than random squads. I really want to be able to us them in arena as I have taken all the empire characters to G11 and did so with the rework coming. Come and gone, and I am still in the same spot, struggling in arena against the same team.
    No matter the leader or combination of players I use, even using GK as well, I am not able to find a team built around an empire squad that can best the triple cleanse even most of the time. Debuffs land on rare occasion and are cleansed right away. The game lacks balanced as it currently stands, and like he said, Ahsoka is only going to amplify that.
  • BrtStlnd
    1094 posts Member
    7aMV6RB.png

I would have to agree with OP that they're underwhelming. They're good for GW but only viable with GK in higher arena. I've done just about everything possible to make them better, they're all over 200 speed, my best mods, no open gear slots on all but Shore. Magma should work great against debuffs with the 30% tenacity for all... but tenacity is worthless so he does not. Death trooper is the star of the group, but he wasn't touched in the rework. Storm is much improved but he got a garbage zeta that won't turn the tide of a battle because he's just as likely to hit for 3k on a crit as he is to hit for 30k. Snow hits very, very hard but GKs crit immunity shuts him down.

Overall they're a solid B-, but with great mods they can be made a B+.

I really wish we had gotten scout trooper or sand trooper as part of the pass.
  • Kriesha wrote: »

Oversaturation. Characters with good kits get this mechanic tacked on for extra luls.

And that's an issue with specific characters, so these complaints should be about the specific characters rather than the mechanic itself because at this point a mechanic is a necessary counter to debuffs. If they changed the mechanic, then you also to keep in mind that a character like yoda will become very useless quickly while dark side teams would dominate
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    While I do agree that Troopers aren't nearly as good as they could be, I have finished top 3 in my arena (from Nov 2015) the past couple days. Granted, I had to climb from farther than most and avoid certain teams. They're not nearly as bad as some make them out to be, they're just not on the same god-tier level as other teams.
  • BrtStlnd
    1094 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    eIPZXJw.png
    Aero wrote: »
    While I do agree that Troopers aren't nearly as good as they could be, I have finished top 3 in my arena (from Nov 2015) the past couple days. Granted, I had to climb from farther than most and avoid certain teams. They're not nearly as bad as some make them out to be, they're just not on the same god-tier level as other teams.

Aero and I have both seen them able to perform well in arena with help from a cleanser.
  • Ruivussan
    310 posts Member
    I don't think General Kenobi is an Imperial Trooper.? Or is he?
  • Supercat wrote: »
    Nerf bat!!
    Realize your mistake devs.

Clash of clans and clash royale both balance, now look at top grossing

They also let you play basically all day long, and progress all day long. No energy refreshes needed. I would say that is a top reason for their profitability.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    BrtStlnd wrote: »
    eIPZXJw.png
    Aero wrote: »

Aero and I have both seen them able to perform well in arena with help from a cleanser.

I actually used Shore rather than GK, but still super impressive and makes a great point that they aren't as bad as some say.
  • I might zeta veers for p2 but probably not. I am not far off from them all being maxed. Thought I would be sneaky with the storm zeta but @Aero dispelled that idea. They aren't arena viable but are fun in GW and Tank. Maybe they'll be useful in the next game mode and I'll focus more on finishing them off. It is disappointing ultimately.