TFP vs Yoda

I run a Jedi arena team. In the battle, the opponent's TFP put Tenacity Down on my QGJ. Then, I did Yoda's Battle Meditation which puts Tenacity Up... except it didn't on QGJ. The Tenacity Down stayed. Why? Shouldn't it have at least brought it back to normal, no buff or debuff? What am I missing?

Replies

• Tenacity down can be applied through tenacity up, and they cancel eachother out.
    518 posts Member
    Debuffed of the opposite buff are stronger. Offense down on a char that gain Offense up stay offense down. It's the same for every nemesis.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    I run a Jedi arena team. In the battle, the opponent's TFP put Tenacity Down on my QGJ. Then, I did Yoda's Battle Meditation which puts Tenacity Up... except it didn't on QGJ. The Tenacity Down stayed. Why? Shouldn't it have at least brought it back to normal, no buff or debuff? What am I missing?

They cancel each other out, but the icon above the character is always the first to be applied.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    Omeah wrote: »
    Tenacity Up doesn't cancel Tenacity Down out. If the target has Tenacity Down, it will only have the base 15% Tenacity, regardless if you put Tenacity Up on said character. Tenacity Up only works if you cleanse

Yes, exactly, it cancels it out. Tenacity Up gives 9999% tenacity, Tenacity down lowers resistance to the base 15% chance. If you apply Tenacity Down to a character with Tenacity Up, it's like they have neither buff and potency/tenacity checks take place as normal.
  • So, a debuff can eliminate a buff, but not the other way around? That's dumb.
  • slickdealer
    1801 posts Member
    Tenacity Up grants 999900%
    Tenacity Down grants -999900%

Despite what you see on buff bars, they actually cancel out perfectly.

You can see this through swgoh.gg mechanics.
  • Revi
    573 posts Member
    You can not buff to effectively cleanse a debuff, only cleanse can rid yourself of a debuff.... right?
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    Revi wrote: »
    You can not buff to effectively cleanse a debuff, only cleanse can rid yourself of a debuff.... right?

Mostly. If you have Offense Up, that's +25% (?) offense. Offense Down is -25% offense. Unclear if *those* cancel or if the second one is using the new stats with the first buff.
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    Tenacity up and Tenacity down cancel each other out. Net tenacity gain/loss is 0.
  • ExarTheKun wrote: »
    Tenacity up and Tenacity down cancel each other out. Net tenacity gain/loss is 0.

So, ignore that the icon didn't change?
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    ExarTheKun wrote: »

So, ignore that the icon didn't change?

Yeah. Tenacity down will always show if they have both buffs. But it won't change anything. Just counts as a debuff.