Mods & Power

Does anyone have any locations where people have broke down the effect mods have on character power? I just recently reconfigured my mods on IG88 and I went from all health mods to 4 crit dmg and 2 crit chance mods and my power actually went down. I haven't got to test him in the raid or PVP yet but he now has Mod 2 - Speed Primary, Mod 4 - Crit Dmg Primary with more speed overall. I'm assuming this is the best loadout for IG88 really but his power doesn't reflect it. I'd just like to know a bit more about how power is calculated with mods. Is it just based off if they are 1/2/3/4/5 star or does it take into consideration all of the other stats/types of stats each mod has? Any info would be appreciated.

Replies

• bump.

I've noticed that even some 4-star mods have higher power than some 5-star mods.
  • I don't have the specifics but character power is heavily weighted towards health and protection
  • All I know is that health and protection have the most effect on power. Hence why you tend to see tanks in the top of the scale. But, why would you be concerned about a toon's power anyway?
  • Because higher power increases ship stats? right? or does that use a different method to calculate crew power?
  • OK it must be different. I just changed a mod and it caused the character's power to go down, but the crew power to go up.
    Seems weird.
  • CamaroAMF
    1282 posts Member
    OK it must be different. I just changed a mod and it caused the character's power to go down, but the crew power to go up.
    Seems weird.

The impact on crew power from mods is only based on how many dots the mod has, as far as I know.
  • That is correct. I tested this very recently trying to change the speed of FOTP tie fighter. Only number of dots matter
  • Revi
    573 posts Member
    Depends on the mods percentage against the relevant toons stats, an example is if you put health mods on Baze his power will increase more than if you put a health mod or Rey.
  • Toon power is based on modified stats the mod provides skewed to HPs.

Crew ship power is based on the mod dot level and the mod level. 4 dot lvl 15 is about the same as a 5 dot lvl 12, which is also close to the same credits it takes to lvl the mod.

Power does matter, as an indicator but not necessarily an indicator of strength.

If you see a team with 38.5k power, you know they aren't fully geared/poorly modded. If you see 45-46k they are probably all G11, if you see 50k they are running a very tanky team. If they are running a mirror team, power is then relative and does indicate strength.

People also tend to target the low power teams.